Page 51 of 419 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 8371

Thread: Rick Owens

Default Re: RICK OWENS

oh man... should I call? I'm banking on that river....
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

the river came up w a DrKshdW s/s green tee....looks like you gotta straight buddy...drkshdw white pants, waxed jacket, l/s sheer, and s/s pearl t..

well, i only got two pair, ccp overlock, fencing, drkshdw green tee, RO white leather, RO black leather...

damn, you cleaned me out!! or is that a full house :)

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

I agree with pniz about just buying items and selling and not taking 'custom' orders.

But I will say this; 20-50% off is still a ton of savings for me. If I were rollin' in the dough, then of course I wouldn't bother but money is money nah mean?

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

hey i'm all for saving money....but at 20-30 (nobody said 50 that i'm aware of cas) and dealing w made up prices and flawed pieces (this is a HUGE one for me, sounds like they're selling the factory rejects) ?..at least at century 21 you get 75-80 percent off...do you expect j j to know the retail on everything in every currency, right there on the spot, flipping through their order books as the smoking salesman says you've gotten two minutes to fork over the cash, sounds like a tall order, and then the exchange into euros, deal w shipping, i mean you lose moeny at every turn..and what if they don't have what you want, you probably wont get a phone call then and there in the jungle, so you've given a G to someone who can't even spend it, or maybe you get something similiar, oh, but then there's RO sizing, or there's miscommunication....too many variables to "invest", looks like its on the SZ classifieds. better to let it start there and end up at your house, than vice versa. but please don't let me discourage anyone...

[quote user="philip nod"]

who i love that you listen to reason and in the same breathe still plead insanity..

edit: i keep forgetting that i have never met such a bunch of broke ass college gamblers in my life. where's the virtual SZ poker table? i'll raise you my fencing jacket...[H]

[/quote]

I may just be having a rare optimistic moment but I don't really see this as a gamble. JJ isn't going to get you a piece that is maimed or get you xl instead of a m, if you are specific in the request I am sure this will be a way to get difficult to find sizes/pieces with the bonus of having a slight discount.

something else I was thinking about was, instead of getting the $$ beforehand, I could text message you the price right on the spot with proxy fees and everything included and you can say y/n... the only problem would be the time difference :P

Give this girl a chance. Her 2 minute assessment is probably not very accurate. Let her go back when she has an hour or more, and look at everything carefully. Then you can get paranoid.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

like i said, be my guest, prove me wrong. i don't know JJ, but i prefer to play Indiana Jones myself.

the RO sizing is all over the map .. and same for quality.. Olmar and mirta deals are probably great if you are there is person.. but, as I have seen with yoox and a certain NY discount store.. sizing is random from piece to piece.. the the quality of leathers is a wide range.. I would rather pay 25% more and get the right item.. or buy in SZ classifieds if the precise measurements and details were available.. otherwise the flexibility would lead to uncertainty in my opinion.. .

[quote user="philip nod"]

the river came up w a DrKshdW s/s green tee....looks like you gotta straight buddy...drkshdw white pants, waxed jacket, l/s sheer, and s/s pearl t..

well, i only got two pair, ccp overlock, fencing, drkshdw green tee, RO white leather, RO black leather...

damn, you cleaned me out!! or is that a full house :)

[/quote]

This is a tough call... but I think the 4 of a kind leather beats a Rick full house?

I guess I should call it a night and go work the street until I can get enough money to get home.... Vegas claims another soul!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

I pm'd sent.

P.S. Pnizzle-rizzle, I think the Olmar & Mirta factory is in Italy.

[quote user="Faust"]

Actually, if you can
    also explain in the Rick Owens thread why you see him as campy, I would
    like that as well. [51]

[/quote]

Well, for starters, we have the words of the man himself. From the hintmag interview:

Editors seem intent on waving the goth banner over you. Do you hate that?

It doesn't bother me, but sometimes I wonder if they know my
    aesthetic is more camp than gothy. I'm just a big drama queen, but more
    queen than drama. My look is about an appreciation of teenage angst
    without actually having the angst. It's more objective than personal. I
    just ran across an article about Serge Lutens, the guy who did the
    make-up for Shiseido ads during the 70s and 80s. I was thinking I
    really want to know this guy. Or be this guy. We have so many of the
    same aesthetic touchstones. He was really into J.K. Huysmans, who wrote
    Against the Grain, in which the main character Des Eissantes locked
    himself in an ivory tower collecting Gustav Moreau paintings, ivory
    snuffboxes and perfumes. I love the idea of an obsessive and sickly
    queen tucked away in his silk-lined bedroom.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

I still don't see how he manifests it with his clothes though. [72]
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

hmm...well, that doesn't bode too well for the argument that Rick's clothes are an extension of his persona. [76]

I'll say more later, but I wanted to mention that I started liking Rick a lot more when I realized he was being campy--that he has a sense of humor--and not just another uber-serious dark lord. My appreciation for Nick Cave developed out of a similar realization.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

drkshdw white jeans (i think these are it) that a lot of forum members love

Did you get and like the larger dick?

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

drkshdw white jeans (i think these are it) that a lot of forum members love

thanks Joey.........I have these Jeans in Dark Blue, which i am wearing right now..........I like these, but dont think i can bring myself to wearing a pair of white Jeans......... this is one of the things i can appreciate on someone else but cant see myself wearing.

[/quote]
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

holy shit. those actually look really fucking good!!!!

I can see why you are kicking yourself about em Cas.

Do they fit true to size (for those that have tried em)? Maybe have to resort to the land of the rising sun.....

STILL looking for the damn RO heels.. anyone know anyone?? Buying them from the store in Pairs is a bit much for me right now. USED would be perfect.. LES wont let his go :(... speaking of.. Where has Les been?

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

holy shit. those actually look really fucking good!!!!

I can see why you are kicking yourself about em Cas.

Do they fit true to size (for those that have tried em)? Maybe have to resort to the land of the rising sun.....

[/quote]

Yea man, they are dope. I might have to go through Japan land as well....

whoa. nice! i was just abou to look for some grey denim too