• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soultek
    • Feb 2007

Re: RICK OWENS

[quote user="DHC"]

[quote user="Faust"]i wear leather in all weather (ok, that rhymes). just don't wear your nicer shoes if you are afraid, that's all. and believe me, altieri would kick your ass if you told him you are afraid to wear his footwear in the rain.
    [/quote]

[74][74] I have a pair of CDiem's set aside specifically for the rain. They my rain boots. Still look great too (if not better). [75]

[/quote]

That's funny a SA at Maxfield's I know said he never really liked the look of his CDiem boots until he got snowed on in NYC one day. I've been caught in the rain/snow in my reverse calf skins a couple times. I'm more concerned about the leather sole than anything (no vibram on the bottoms). My Fiorentini and Baker's have started to crack on the bottom part where there is no rubber.

I know that the rule of thumb is not to wear leather in the rain, but I've not seen nice looking rubber boots yet. Of course cloth sneakers are out of the question, so that leaves rubber soled leather boots.

I was thinking about some RM williams boots or something. fuck it maybe i'll just go vintage?

Comment

• AX-OV
      • Feb 2008

haha, Im looking out my window right now watching all these Stupid FiDM girls walking in either SUPER high heels, a SHORT skirt, and lugging a BIG ass rolling box of SHIT stumbling all over the place. OR, their wearing UGGS ( and its like 75-80deg) Puffy coat with a FAKE fur Hood, and a skirt.. THis is hillarious!!

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

Your search is over Soultek! These boots are calling your name. Can you hear it? I think the eyes move independently too! Just sick.

Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

[quote user="AX-OV"]haha, Im looking out my window right now watching all these Stupid FiDM girls walking in either SUPER high heels, a SHORT skirt, and lugging a BIG ass rolling box of SHIT stumbling all over the place. OR, their wearing UGGS ( and its like 75-80deg) Puffy coat with a FAKE fur Hood, and a skirt.. THis is hillarious!![/quote]

Are they japanese? lol

I've been seeing a lot of people wearing UGGS in this warm weather lately. I just don't get it.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Dude, that's SoCal steez right there fam. Uggs year 'round is the motto around here.

soul- Why don't you cop the crepe sole RO boots?

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="soultek"]That's funny a SA at Maxfield's I know said he never really liked the look of his CDiem boots until he got snowed on in NYC one day. I've been caught in the rain/snow in my reverse calf skins a couple times. I'm more concerned about the leather sole than anything (no vibram on the bottoms). My Fiorentini and Baker's have started to crack on the bottom part where there is no rubber.

I know that the rule of thumb is not to wear leather in the rain, but I've not seen nice looking rubber boots yet. Of course cloth sneakers are out of the question, so that leaves rubber soled leather boots.

I was thinking about some RM williams boots or something. fuck it maybe i'll just go vintage?

[/quote]

I don't know why this line bothers me as much as it does... but that really comes across as an asshole statement by that SA to me. To me it reads like "Oh, yeah that $1500 pair of boots that I purchased wasn't really that great until they got soaked with water, grime and salt. Now I like them and I'm a huge d-bag."

There's "breaking a pair of boots in" and then theres a statement like that. I don't know... maybe it's just the mood i'm in at the moment.

Soultek, you should get your Carpe's rubber soled. Have you worn them when its a little wet out yet? That sole soaks up water like theres no tomorrow and gets very soft and thus wears away faster when its wet. Throw on those rubber soles and you'll be able to weather the rain without having to worry too much about damaging anything or (possibly more importantly) slipping!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

"Oh, yeah that $1500 pair of boots that I purchased wasn't
                really that great until they got soaked with water, grime and salt. Now
                I like them and I'm a huge d-bag."

[/quote]

[86]

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Dont get me wrong though :)

There is something lovely about wearing something until it gets broken in, worn down and even a little tattered.... but then theres a statement like that.

But then again... I didn't like my CCP boots until I trudged through a puppy mill and got them coated in canine poo.... but that's just me.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kira
                    • Mar 2008

[quote user="DHC"]

[quote user="AX-OV"]haha, Im looking out my window right now watching all these Stupid FiDM girls walking in either SUPER high heels, a SHORT skirt, and lugging a BIG ass rolling box of SHIT stumbling all over the place. OR, their wearing UGGS ( and its like 75-80deg) Puffy coat with a FAKE fur Hood, and a skirt.. THis is hillarious!![/quote]

Are they japanese? lol

I've been seeing a lot of people wearing UGGS in this warm weather lately. I just don't get it.

[/quote]

people wear uggs in the middle of the summer here in nyc. uggh.[74]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

fixed your typo, kira [51]
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AX-OV
                        • Feb 2008

haha No just a HIGH (stoned) White girl...haha.. Its so entertaining though haha..DHC, u gotta come check it soon!

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"]fixed your typo, kira [51]
                          [/quote]

[75]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• AX-OV
                            • Feb 2008

haha Here's another. Uggs, Black high wasted, BIG FURRY hat, and GIGANTIC chanel glasses.. GOD

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Dont get me wrong though :)

There is something lovely about wearing something until it gets broken in, worn down and even a little tattered.... but then theres a statement like that.

But then again... I didn't like my CCP boots until I trudged through a puppy mill (lulz) and got them coated in canine poo.... but that's just me.

[/quote]

i love it when something irks you...your imagination gets set ablaze!

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• AX-OV
                                • Feb 2008

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190091296238&_trksid=p 2759.l1259

I want to get these for my girl for her B day. What do u think Kira?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎