• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: RICK OWENS

Pnids: the greatest pusha
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]sorry this is only for bakla
      [/quote]

Mighty generous of thou, but why?

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

[quote user="Casius"]

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]rent<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<RO Sneakers[/quote]

hahaha, I wish I could think that way.

[/quote]

[86] me too.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="philip nod"]sorry this is only for bakla
          [/quote]

[/quote]

to teach you how to be a baller. so here's the deal. you have to post a picture of the sneaks and a receipt w date visible at the end of the day tomorrow. then at the beginning of sale season, i will refund you the difference.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]you should lean to yes and buy them tomorrow. i'll pay you the sale price difference.
            [/quote]

the start of the enablers thread that you have spoke of here...

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

to teach you how to be a baller. so here's the deal. you have to post a picture of the sneaks and a receipt w date visible at the end of the day tomorrow. then at the beginning of sale season, i will refund you the difference.

[/quote]

I'll cover half of that.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

cheers aka, da true baller

Comment

• bakla
                  • Oct 2006

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jeez, and here I thought those Raf gloves got me past that stanchion. Okay, noted.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

you gotta complete your mission tomorrow, make SZ history...

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

those Raf gloves are cool...

but srsly, the offer stands until midnight tomorrow...i'm off to bed. i want you to have these, i know you will love them...

Comment

• Serendipper
                        • Mar 2008

John Colapinto, Letter from Paris, "Elegant Monsters," The New Yorker, March 10, 2008, p. 98

One Friday morning last September, Valentine, a tall blond model, arrived at the studio of Rick Owens, the American fashion designer who lives and works in a five-story mansion on the Place du Palais Bourbon, in central Paris. It was two days before the beginning of fashion week, and Valentine had been selected by Owen as a fitting model for his spring, 2008, collection, which was to be presented at the École des Beaux Arts on Sunday.

Since the late nineties, stylish women have been wearing Owens?s long, clingy T-shirts, elegantly asymmetrical dresses, and skinny-armed leather jackets, which are constantly in demand at Barneys. Owens, a forty-six-year-old bisexual, has come the foremost purveyor of what he calls ?glunge? (grunge plus glamour). He?s acquired a following that could be described as cultlikeor exclusive, were it not for the fact that he sells tens of millions of dollars? worth of clothes each year, in over two hundred and fifty high-end fashion stores around the world. This summer, he?ll open his first U.S. boutique, in Manhattan.

Owens looks uncannily like Iggy Pop, with long straight hair, dyed black. Like Iggy, he indulged in drugs and alcohol for many years before he stopped cold turkey, in the early nineties. Owens has built a multimillion-dollar business out of a talent for infusing garments with the poignant beauty that resides in imperfection. Courtney Love was among the first celebrities to discover him, in the late nineties, shortly after he launched his label.

Owens has steadfastly pursued an anti-fashion ethic. His basic look??drippy? forms in subdued colors?changes little from season to season. He gives few interviews, doesn?t employ a publicist, and has never advertised his line. Yet his diffidence seems to only enhance his cachet among fashion editors and insiders. Vogue sponsored his first runway show, in 2002, and that same year he won the C.F.D.A. Perry Ellis Award for Emerging Talent.

Since moving to Paris, in 2003, Owens has been embraced by the French with a passion rarely accorded an American. As Owens conducted his fitting with Valentine, his wife, Michèle Lamy, joined him. Lamy, a sixty-three-year-old Frenchwoman, helps design his fur line, Palais Royal, and she?s also the inspiration for many of his designs. She used to own Les Deux Cafés, a popular Hollywood night spot. Lamy and Owens met in Los Angeles and have been together for eighteen years; they?ve been married since 2006. Describes a visit by Owens?s parents, John and Connie Owens, to his studio in Paris . Mentions the tension between Owens and his father. Describes Owens?s unconventional childhood. After Owens attended the Otis-Parsons Art Institute, he worked in knockoff houses in L.A., copying the work of well-known fashion designers. In 1988, he got a job as a pattern-cutter at a sportswear company owned by Lamy. They began an affair in 1990, and then soon moved in together. In 1994, Owens started selling his designs at Charles Gallay; a few years later, he negotiated an exclusive contract with Maxfield, in L.A. Mentions Lisa Love. In 1999, Julie Gilhart began buying his line for Barneys, where it became a top-seller. Mentions Sally Singer. In 2001, Owens signed a deal with EBA, an Italian sales agency, to distribute his line. Mentions Luca Ruggeri and Elsa Lanzo. Describes how Owens was featured in a spread by Annie Leibovitz in Vogue, in 2001.

With each new favorable notice, Owens seems more determined to prove his independence from the fashion establishment. He doesn?t worry that his provocativeness will alienate customers or critics. Describes Owens?s spring 2008 fashion show. After the show, Owens and his party, including Courtney Love and his parents, went to dinner at Davé. Mentions his furniture line, at the Galerie Philippe Jousse.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="CHRIS"]

[/quote]

can't touch this

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]

Oh and for the discussion above; There's been plenty of celebs wearing RO for quite some time, I just think for some reason, the 'goth' or all black look is in and so RO is getting a bit more attention. Like stated, it will die off and 'trendy' people will move on. Me however, I'll keep buying RO.

[/quote]

Exactly.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]you gotta complete your mission tomorrow, make SZ history...
                              [/quote]

I can so see an outsider reading this thread and rubbing his eyes in disbelief. no amount of "sophistry" (in AKA's words) will explain this. [Y] too human [64]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

[/quote]

[74] [74][74][74][74][74][74][74][74][74][74][74][74][74][74]

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎