• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Rick Owens

[quote user="ddohnggo"]one of jeffery's SA's defected to the RO store.
    [/quote]

he's not the first one. one of them is at McQueen, another one is at TB. People will run from there first chance they get. Who the fuck wants to work on commission only?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MCC1528
      • May 2008

Here is a video of the New York store, mainly the fog stuff bleh...

Rick Owens walks us through the fog feature of his new New York store...

Comment

• AX-OV
        • Feb 2008

I visited yesterday! Copped heels, HAD TO, couldnt resist. My GRAIL has been waiting WAAAY to long..and the staff is AMAZING, super nice guys!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

went to the store today. the stock should make any RO fan happy - standard fair but in more color variations, which is good. The womens jackets were the highlight - really beautiful (at least on the rack).

Not sure what to make of the space itself - I need to digest it. I like the high ceilings and the idea of the bare space, but because the building itself is new, the interior structure lacked details (wooden floors, circular columns) that make Soho spaces (thinking Yohji and IF) more inviting. Rick's furniture (a couple of chairs) softened the barren effect, which I liked.

There was a rentboy looking fellow with a Marc Jacobs shopping bag trying on lots of stuff. [72]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

just got back from the RO store -- looking better each day...tried on a bunch of stuff i hadn't got around to. decided to finally get this MJ bag from one of the six stores in west village, i think i saw faust in there..
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[74] forgot to say, i saw your cashmere thingy - it was really nice. wanted to pet it like a favorite kitten.

EDITED the post above

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nullsleep
                • May 2008

Visited the store yesterday, SAs seem great as has already been said. I love the space, it was cool to see the Rick furniture in there and I'm excited to see the fog wall in person once its up and running. Pretty awesome seeing that much RO in one place at one time, I really love the giant hooded bomber but wish it were done in moleskin like it originally was for exploder.

Have to be honest, the prices threw me for a bit of a loop. Still, it's nice to have access to this stuff so close to home and know that if you have to have something, you can find a way to make it happen.

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

i find it funny now that i balk at spending 3 grand on a 50 year old piece of holy grail furniture i've wanted for ten years but accept the fact that i have to pay more than that for a leather jacket. clothes are crack, and its gonna get worse.
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]i find it funny now that i balk at spending 3 grand on a 50 year old piece of holy grail furniture i've wanted for ten years but accept the fact that i have to pay more than that for a leather jacket. clothes are crack, and its gonna get worse.
                    [/quote]

I'm the same way. It is not a good thing.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                      • Nov 2006

After seeing the heavy influence of Doc Martins in the current seasons boots, I thought you guys might find these interesting. Rick's take on the original 1460 for Doc Martin.

"Some of the themes I keep going back to are the insulation, withdrawal and fierce idealistic rebellion of youth. And sometimes a peaceful alienation. These are things I see on the faces of the nomad street kids on Hollywood boulevard every day...wearing their ancient Doc Martens..."

-Rick Owens

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

pretty interesting as an object... where'd you get the photo? Is this something that he's planning on producing or is this just an original pair of docs taped up?
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                          • Nov 2006

Doc Marten asked a bunch of designers to rethink the classic 1460. I think it will remain as merely just an object. It appears to be a mix to tape and latex, but interesting conceptually. It would be nice to see something like it put into production, even if it were just an object.

Comment

• justine
                            • Jan 2007

[quote user="andrewislasorad"]Doc Marten asked a bunch of designers to rethink the classic 1460.[/quote]Would you have a link with others take?

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                              • Nov 2006

[quote user="justine"][quote user="andrewislasorad"]Doc Marten asked a bunch of designers to rethink the classic 1460.[/quote]Would you have a link with others take?
                              [/quote]

Sure thing, here you go

Comment

• firstlove
                                • Apr 2008

anyone knows the store hours for Rick Owens Boutique in NYC?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎