• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Ann Demeulemeester SS07 - Womens, Paris

I couldn't wait for the full show, so here is the preview from gettyimages.com. It looks pretty solid so far, with all Ann's signature touches. It's not a stand out show, I would say, it doesn't make me jump out of my seat as some of her other shows have. I hope to see more soon.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Ann Demeulemeester SS07 - Womens, Paris

gee, i don't know if i like this...[;)]

I'm not going to post pics now--will wait for the style.com update tomorrow. You pretty much picked my favorites.

i like this even more than last spring and i can't wait to see the showroom pics....gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. i'll be saving my pennies for the white shirts and the skirts. And i absolutely love the layered vests.

Will say something more articulate tomorrow....

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

More Ann

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

{style.com}

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Thank you, laika. Ok, never mind my initial reaction - after looking at the entire show - it's STUNNING. So romantic and nonchalant and cool. Just perfect.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

I don't usually like the ombre/fading effect, but it looks beautiful here.

Comment

• mic
              • Sep 2006

Have I been missing out?

Does Ann D release her menswear like 3 months before her womenswear? I'm lost.

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

You're welcome, Faust. I really like the addition of the structured vests over the flowey blouses and full skirts. Definitely something I would do. However, I fervently hope that I won't be seeing any of you boys wearing this. [:S]

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Yea, this frou-frou thing on the male model is really weird. Men have a limit to their soft side, you know [:P]

Mic, Ann produced her first stand-alone menswear show 3 seasons ago. She will still mix in male looks with her womenswear, because that's how she always did it. The standalone show was most probably a business decision.

This, on the other hand, is a perfect outfit.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• implicit
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

This, on the other hand, is a perfect outfit.

[/quote]

Agreed. As I scrolled past, I stopped on this image and thought, "well, i want all of that."

Comment

• xcoldricex
                      • Sep 2006

wow great collection! i must say though. i'm usually underwhelmed when i see these things in person. i'm not sure why.

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                        • Sep 2006

the all white outfit in pic #2 looks absolutely angelic and heavenly! ^_^ will have to save up some money so that i can buy it for my gf. pic #2 and #13 are my favorite. the collection looks great so far. thanx faust and laila.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Hah!

from fashionwiredaily.com

Impractical Shoes, Poetry and Patti Smith

Renata Espinosa

October 05th, 2006 @ 00:18 AM - Paris

Usually, I love this part of my job - fashion weeks.

But these days, it seems rather irrelevant, as there are more pressing concerns at hand in the world.

So when a fashion show becomes a work of poetry, created in the moment and for the moment, I perk up a little.

I think what my life is missing right now, among many things, is poetry.

I walked a mile in impractical shoes to see a show the other day -
                          Ann Demeulemeester - because I took the wrong Metro line to the 17th
                          arrondissement, the far flung neighborhood where the show was being
                          held. But no matter, what Boulevard Berthier lacks in charm, it makes
                          up for at the end of the tunnel, when you finally find the vaulted
                          light and champagne-filled space you've been looking for (at a very
                          different address than you'd thought you were walking to when you first
                          set out).

I think, too, when you've got a fresh haircut, like I did that day,
                          the world is yours and who cares how far you have to walk to find it.

Demeulemeester - one of the famed Antwerp 6 - celebrated her 20th
                          anniversary this year. And her birthday present - a poem written and
                          spoken on the spot, as the model's walked down the runway, by none
                          other than Patti Smith (line breaks are mine):

tattered coat and your scattered hopes

and your silver charms

unfettered, unspoiled

and she sees

lace

white eyelet cloth

billowing

into the sea

Easter

Muslim nets form tents

she dreams of cloth

silver charms

So often the soundtracks to shows fade into the background - you're
                          supposed to notice and not notice them, they augment and highlight and
                          make the clothes special, but you're not supposed to take them terribly
                          literally.

As I wrote the words - rather than simply listening to them
                          (because I was bound to forget them otherwise) - it was quite a trip,
                          thinking - wow - she based her collection on this poem by Patti Smith,
                          literally. But this is why you always go backstage when you're
                          reviewing a collection, because then you understand - NO -
                          Demeulemeester is merely referencing her very first collection, based
                          on Patti Smith's "Wave" and now, it's the reverse, she's got Patti
                          Smith there with her, composing poetry inspired by her collection.

The blisters on my feet, rewarded.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nqth
                            • Sep 2006

It was a very nice show, very crowded, and models walked quite slowly:-)

Patti Smith was very patiently giving an interview after the show.

I took a wrong direction, too:-))

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="nqth"]

It was a very nice show, very crowded, and models walked quite slowly:-)

Patti Smith was very patiently giving an interview after the show.

I took a wrong direction, too:-))

[/quote]

You went?!?!?! Oh, you kill me!!!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎