X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Hussein Chalayan S/S 07

Since we have nearly the complete picture here, I wanted to post the final two images from the show. I wish we could see a video...if anyone gets a lead on this, please post!

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• sbw4224
      • Sep 2006

That video was awesome! I never realized how technical the production
      for his shows were. Where is the market for his clothing,
      though. Asia was mentioned, but is it in Japan?

Comment

• Avantster
        ¤¤¤
        • Sep 2006

Amazing.

This show has to be one of the best of SS 07!

Link: Hussein Chalayan SS07 Video

Interview with Hussein:

"My inspiration was, let's say, last hundred & eleven years. but I couldn't be literal with it. I tried to be literal with it but.. I didn't like it.

So I thought I could be abstract and also have within it my own history. You know, I feel like I've got some kind of a graphic language that I wanted to tap into either the past and redo again. And a lot of ideas that I've actually touched on before. And it was a means for me to take them further, really, as well.

I was looking at different shapes througout the eras, and I wanted to somehow demonstrate a change, and ultimately I'd like to produce clothes that change shape, with some kind of technology company. I think these are almost prototypes, or ideas, for the future for me. But you have to collaborate with people to do them.

I wanted to, say, even if I made a retro reference I wanted it to be very personal. I think it wasn't really about taking bits and putting them together, it was much more about 'I have my own language - how can I look at the past in my own way?'

I thought the aspect of change, and the idea that something could also change according to occasion, was very exciting for me. And I thought the main thing in the future would be to be able to have clothes that change depending on location."

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

A video of the show at last! And it's absolutely breathtaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTFl0rNNQrY

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

thanks avanster and laika for the video link. amazing....

Comment

• fixoid
              • Sep 2006

the video has made it to boing boing (and the millions of places that regurgitate the stuff boing boing regurgitates)

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/10/06/hussein_chalayans_aw.html

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Thank you for the video links. This is art - it's creative and it's new, and it pushes the boundaries.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

Just found this: http://www.swarovskisparkles.tv/?event=PARIS%202006&show=9

Not sure if it's been posted before, but it's the whole show, and it's super high quality.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎