• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: The one that got away...

it's a worthy holy grail, NDF. The construction and the fabric quality is really something. I'd throw down, but looks like coldrice and I are the same size, and then he wouldn't be selling it .
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matthewhk
      • Jan 2007

I'm pretty mellow about clothes these days, and living in a place where the weather doesn't allow much room for experimentation or versatility in fabrics/layers that could be worn, i've come to terms with the fact that a lot of the more directional pieces I admire in collections will get no wear if I bought them. But to this day I'm still a bit regretful that I did not get the YY S/S 05 mixed fabric (it was acrylic/cotton and some other stuff) black knit with an ambiguous print of a voluptuous pinup. The times where Yohji has used pin ups on prints in his clothes have often been very overt and in your face, but this particular piece was quite tasteful and subtle I think.

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

CCP turtleneck knit poncho. It looked amazing on, and my SA held it specifically for me, but back in 2001, a grand was a ton of money for a sweater. I think I should submit that up to Holy Grail status...

Comment

• Yan
          • Mar 2008

A black Yohji Yamamoto black corugated jacket from Richard Creme. I was procrastinating as usual then was informed that Morrissey had bought it!!!!

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

heard this one before, but stop me if you think you've
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• matthewhk
              • Jan 2007

[quote user="new_dawn_fades"]

both the lins jacket and the hockeye boots were the perfect size..the lins is pure gold..im a sucker for complex attention to detail...the trimming with the topstitched nappa leather is something that i drool over...that piece is a mission to construct..i wonder how they do it..if u look closer the darting also has the nappa trims..and its a little cofusing. i cant stop going on about that piece...oh well... im sure jude will by it..

and now chris is selling his junya red biker jacket

somebody give me a gun! argh!!!!!

[/quote]

speaking of Junya, i regret not buying some form of outerwear from the Taxi Driver collection (namely the army surplus inspired blazers). That was my favorite menswear collection of his by far.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"][quote user="new_dawn_fades"]

both the lins jacket and the hockeye boots were the perfect size..the lins is pure gold..im a sucker for complex attention to detail...the trimming with the topstitched nappa leather is something that i drool over...that piece is a mission to construct..i wonder how they do it..if u look closer the darting also has the nappa trims..and its a little cofusing. i cant stop going on about that piece...oh well... im sure jude will by it..

and now chris is selling his junya red biker jacket

somebody give me a gun! argh!!!!!

[/quote]

speaking of Junya, i regret not buying some form of outerwear from the Taxi Driver collection (namely the army surplus inspired blazers). That was my favorite menswear collection of his by far.

[/quote]

we can remedy that I'd imagine you need a Large though...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matthewhk
                  • Jan 2007

cool jacket, but nowadays i'm very hesitant of buying things I have not tried on. I might love a piece and think it would work for me, but when I try it on it becomes a different story. In the past few months I've really narrowed down the focus of stuff I will pay attention to from a consumer standpoint as I have a better understanding of what does and doesn't work for me.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                    • Sep 2006

there were fakes? of those floating around (i think) from korea?? i remember inquiring about the same piece... then that seller happened to have 3-4 more.

not really sure though.

i was planning on picking up some of that junya collection - i was surprised that joyce sold a lot of it that year, only a handful of mens stuff was left that was all too big for me. :(

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

yea, those were fakes, this one looks legit. enter at your own risk, of course.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matthewhk
                        • Jan 2007

yeah Junya stuff moves better than the CDG H+ stuff in Hong Kong I think....when i was at Comme yesterday i asked about the Junya selection and it was all wiped out with the exception of a few tees.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                          • Jan 2008

[quote user="DHC"][quote user="mortalveneer"]

[quote user="Faust"]It's a sad day. Got outbid on the holy grail [:(]
                          [/quote]

I SO hear you...the rear lace-up Carpes I'd been drooling over got bid out of my car-repair/camera-saving price limit last night. Feeling pretty sour about it this morning...[71]

[/quote]

Honestly, I decided not to bid when I heard of the condition they were in. So take solace in the fact that you have been spared from a potentially disappointing purchase.

[/quote]

Phew...so glad to hear that. The seller put the BIN at 999 (according to an early inquiry), but I'm certainly relieved I didn't win the auction. Maybe I'll put to surplus towards those oil-finished denim on sartorialoft that I've been eyeing for a few weeks...[66]

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]yea, those were fakes, this one looks legit. enter at your own risk, of course.
                            [/quote]

i'll keep my eye on it.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="mortalveneer"][quote user="DHC"][quote user="mortalveneer"]

[quote user="Faust"]It's a sad day. Got outbid on the holy grail [:(]
                              [/quote]

I SO hear you...the rear lace-up Carpes I'd been drooling over got bid out of my car-repair/camera-saving price limit last night. Feeling pretty sour about it this morning...[71]

[/quote]

Honestly, I decided not to bid when I heard of the condition they were in. So take solace in the fact that you have been spared from a potentially disappointing purchase.

[/quote]

Phew...so glad to hear that. The seller put the BIN at 999 (according to an early inquiry), but I'm certainly relieved I didn't win the auction. Maybe I'll put to surplus towards those oil-finished denim on sartorialoft that I've been eyeing for a few weeks...[66]

[/quote]

yeeaaaaah!

I better not see you in RSG for those. Just cop.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

shouldn't have sat on my hands about that gustavo lins coat......

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎