Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

thanks john!

here's a consolidated picture recap of f/w 07

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Just tried making a version of this belt and failed miserably!!!!!
        the engeneering of it is brilliant, Made a few mistakes and the result looked like crap.
        I think i got it figured out now though.
        I will attempt another one spmetime later this week.
        his pieces are really amazing, I am especially in love with the shoes..........
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

i'm sure that you'll figure out how to make it! i'm sure it'll take a few times.

one of the shoes looks like the linea shoes that albert has.

i'm really liking the wool coat. the shoes are a little meh though.

Comment

• deuxmille
            • Nov 2006

Im with you on the coat, the pockets are cool. The turtleneck is nice also. I don't like most of the shoes and boots except the ankle lace up boots.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

I'm finding the collection a bit underwhelming. Glad that he's introducing footwear but yeah the Linea ideas are still here. I guess Amadei is going for a staple/classic style similar to Altieri. Always loved his belts and cool to see a few new versions and styles out this coming season.

The outerwear is only okay to me. One of the leather jackets looks nicely like that Linea jacket we all discussed a while back hehe. The clothing price points are getting closer to CDiem as the leather prices are creeping down towards the high $1000 range.

MA+ so far is about staple pieces (maybe he's sending us a message with the silver stapled cross haha).... that turtleneck/hood red knit is pretty interesting though hehehe

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I agree, Albert. Very underwhelming. I don't like the silhouette - very constricting even on the models, which I'm sure are skinny enough. I don't see complex seamwork like on your hoodie. The belts are the best part.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

I am also going to have to agree that the line is quite underwhelming. I think the strong points are definitely the bags and the belts; The addition of a small accordian bag is very cool (definitely my favorite bag).
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• kucejoe
                    • Sep 2006

What makes it underwhelming is that we have seen it all before. The boots and the leather shirts resemble Carpe Diem/Linea. In my opinion, I see a lot of LUC in the wool coats. Also, there is nothing new in the design (from what I can see) of the belts and bags to separate them from last season. There is no innovation and frankly, all the items that MA+ resembles (as mentioned before; LUC, Linea etc.) are much more appealing to me in their original forms. This is a soulless, slightly eurotrash-y, take on the arte povera school of design. I don't know if that is too harsh a statement since by themselves, the items aren't ugly (and I have never seen this stuff in person, so I only have photos to go by), but there is something, maybe something intangible, missing that leaves me severely underwhelmed.
                    Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• kompressorkev
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Wow those gloves look really cool. I didn't know he made anything like that. I think the woman on the L'Eclaireur video on mens.style.com was wearing them (now that I think of it... she may be the one that is friends with Amadei).

Where'd you get the photos Kev?

God the leather is perfect....

[/quote]

courtesy of boutiquew.com . btw guys, SALONE has some of the Amadei belts, if i'm not mistaken, they're quite cheap at 29,000 yen! different colors too. i would definitely get the grey one, but i just bought a Geoffrey Young belt. maybe i can convince myself to buy the M.A.+ belt (looks absolutely stunning) if they're still left.

Comment

• LEWisMe
                        • Jul 2007

More detailed pics of the A/W '07 footwear courtesy of Atelier:

"Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• LanceP
                          • Oct 2006

Tried this jacket on at Bilzerian, and I nearly nutted myself [:|]...

I'm liking these shoes too...

... I need a pair of ankle lace-ups. I wonder what the damage will be, hmmmm...

Comment

• LanceP
                            • Oct 2006

merz... The sleeves were long on me similar to the minorityrev model. I didn't see the long coat when I was over there, but then again, the SA brought the leather jacket from back, 'cause they just received it and they were still trying to clear the floor of sales items. Your best bet would be to give them a call though and check for sizes as well as availability.

Good luck!

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

merz, i tried on both jackets at AB. the leather jacket has long sleeves and the SA said that the customer who bought the size 50 jacket had them shorten the sleeves. the long coat that you're interested in (with the spongy cotton) is very long. i personally didn't like it because it was so long as it hit around my lower calf (i'm 5'9"). i don't think AB bought anything with a size smaller than a 48 however. you should give them a call anyways.

the SA matthew hit me and told me that they have new long coats in as well. so their selection is very good at the moment.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

they don't normally do e-mail, but here's their number 617-536-1001. just ask for matthew and tell him that joey told you to give them a call about the m.a+ hope that helps!

btw, the coat was around $3k+

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎