X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

Thanks Albert, I am definitely going to try making that on my own. Should be a nice project for me to get to know leather.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

It's the best approach. Seriously! You'll end up learning a bit about leatherwork, and the product is something that you'll carry around for years knowing that you made it yourself!

Hell, you can even get an industrial stapler (in any office building) and staple in the cross yourself.

Good luck and definitely post the progress!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Some photos taken from lift's website.

I definitely wouldn't mind the leather jacket and first bag, they look amazing.

Comment

• Buckwheat
          • Sep 2006

from honeyee.com

Comment

• Honey~Blade
            • Sep 2006

I remember runner telling me, Amadei will produce footwear for the upcoming winter collection. Has anyone heard of this too?

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Buckwheat"]

from honeyee.com

[/quote]

Both of those pieces are being sold at www.barneys.co.jp as bizarre as that is. Prices are NOT low!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Buckwheat
                • Sep 2006

yes I think that's where they got their pictures from.

Comment

• kucejoe
                  • Sep 2006

Is it just me, or is anyone else unimpressed with the MA+ clothing. I
                  love the bags and I have no doubt the materials used are amazing, but
                  the clothing itself does not seem that special to me (in terms of
                  cut/look). I mean, out of all the items I have seen, the one I like the
                  best is the t-shirt with the red + that is at the meeting point of the various pieces of fabric. Also, the colors are not that nice, in my opinion, especially the blues, and even more especially the turquoise. Is there something I am missing about these garments?
                  Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="kucejoe"]Is it just me, or is anyone else unimpressed with the MA+ clothing. I
                    love the bags and I have no doubt the materials used are amazing, but
                    the clothing itself does not seem that special to me (in terms of
                    cut/look). I mean, out of all the items I have seen, the one I like the
                    best is the t-shirt with the red + that is at the meeting point of the various pieces of fabric. Also, the colors are not that nice, in my opinion, especially the blues, and even more especially the turquoise. Is there something I am missing about these garments?
                    [/quote]

I get a similar feeling by looking at the pictures. The final test will be seeing this in person.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

My favorite items in the MA+ line are definitely the leather bags. I have yet to see a bag I would fiend for as much as the large horse leather bag. The clothing is 'okay' with the tees being my more favorite items.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

I have to agree. The majority of the clothes are NOT that amazing to me. It's disappointing because I was really looking forward to seeing what one of the halves involved with Linea could come up with.

His accessories are where his strength lies although there are a few outerwear pieces that are kick ass. I just saw a leather jacket that was almost precisely THE Linea leather jacket. Beautiful construction.

This is almost the same to Linea leather shirts too:

Twisting sleeve seams and all. Really beautiful. I love how the stitchwork finishes with some white on the inside at the upper neck. Hope I get a chance to try some of this stuff on and see more photos of it as well!

I really love the saddle bag. Didn't know it could be worn around the waist as a belt! Brings a whole new dynamic to that piece! There is that piece this season that can be worn the same way.... the off white one with the zipper and the complex stitchwork. It's a tempting little fellow :)

Comment

• deuxmille
                          • Nov 2006

[quote user="Honey~Blade"]I remember runner telling me, Amadei will produce footwear for the upcoming winter collection. Has anyone heard of this too?[/quote]

Yes, he will.

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Some more images from Spring 07 (thanks to Runner)
                            I've always loved the cross tees, very unique and the sleeveless hoody is great!

Comment

• deuxmille
                              • Nov 2006

/\
                              The tees are cool, they're all made from one piece of fabric. They're not nice enough to be worth 400$ or so IMO.

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]/\
                                The tees are cool, they're all made from one piece of fabric. They're not nice enough to be worth 400$ or so IMO.
                                [/quote]

When you say "one piece of fabric" what do you exactly mean by that? I've never seen the shirts in person and all the pics online don't really have great detail shots, so I'm rather curious.

Also, $400 is a little crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎