Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: m.a+ (Maurizio Amadei)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default m.a+ (Maurizio Amadei)

pants are amazing. i think the accordian bags are too feminine for men though- his site seems to have been taken down unfortunately- because i remember there being some more masculine bags on there.

Default Re: + (amadei formerly at cdiem)

Thanks for bringing in all of these rare pictures! I have to say, I love that last bag.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

+ wallets

my pleasure, i hope i get to see some in person soon.

Nice pics man. I just picked up a cardholder from Atellier that I use as a wallet. So far so good.

those pleated bags are amazing....thanks for posting coldrice!
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

cotton canvas may be your best bet. you could probably get some mud and bake in the creases so its stiff. but as i remember it, the pleats weren't stiff- but that was awhile ago and i wasn't really paying much attention.

This is awesome! Albert and Drexl, you guys are an inspiration!!!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

[quote user="xcoldricex"]faust, maybe you should make the student work section a DIY section also. we can put stuff like this, that shoe distressing post, and maybe new dawn fades can do a shoe making post... and whatever else we come up with.
    [/quote]

Not a bad idea! I will do that (later, too busy at work now).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

what a fantastic idea! i think making a DIY section, as suggested, is such a great idea. i feel like everyone usually alters their stuff to make it their own, usually, so this would just be an extension of that! it would be cool if people posted what they made to see how everyone's stuff differs! coldrice and drexl, nice job!

Default Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

[/quote]

I love the irregular shape of the buckle! This stuff looks really fantastic.

I'm seriously considering buying a canvas bag I saw at Midwest. The price isn't that bad either (not cheap, but no THAT bad). Does anyone know how much the wallets are at l'Atelier and if they're willing to ship overseas? I can't find a wallet I like here and if they're as nice as the items I've seen, I want one :)

$250-$450 for wallets. let me know if you need one vincent.

[quote user="deuxmille"]I'm seriously considering buying a canvas bag I saw at Midwest. The price isn't that bad either (not cheap, but no THAT bad). Does anyone know how much the wallets are at l'Atelier and if they're willing to ship overseas? I can't find a wallet I like here and if they're as nice as the items I've seen, I want one :)[/quote]

How much are we talking for the canvas bag? And what's the design?

I'm a bit taken with MA+... I'm really looking forward to the clothing line at A!

As for the crushed leather(?) duffel bag... it looks kinda cheap to me actually. Not quite that elegant rawness of his other pieces.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

The bag is made out of thick black canvas. It's very thin and is just a rectangle with short handles. The inside is made out of 3 compartments that fold over themselves. I'll try to take some pictures next time I go ooze at it :)

coldrice, do they have a canvas version? I'm not too keen on leather wallets for some reason. Feel free to send me an email before you receive mine in a few days when I wake up....

Sounds pretty cool... what was the price and the size?

Atelier is the only US based store that carries MA+, they only have leather wallets. To tell you the truth, they're top notch!

More often than not, someone looks at/comments about it when I pay for stuff. It's sitting in my back pocket right now haha.

-A

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Default MA+ Origami Wallet

I just purchased the small origami wallet from Atelier in NYC. I love this wallet. The leather is stunning and the style is amazing, I am very happy with the purchase. However, how much stuff can you anyone put in this wallet? I can't figure it out. I mean I can hardly hold any money let alone to many credit cards and stuff along with money.

Anyone else had this problem?
    Any ideas?
    How much do you put in it?

I have the small one, thought about the larger one, but I figure the same problem must exist, you can barely fold it shut and lock it in the pin...

Any ideas would be appreciated or experiences?

Lucas

Well, I only see one solution; Don't stuff the wallet like George Costanza.
    Plus, maybe put in small questions thread?

Default MA+ Origami Wallet

My apologies for not posting this under MA designer....

Stuffing it, hell wish I could even get that far!!! Ha!

Lucas