X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

Here's the website ddohnggo, http://salone-online.net/ You have to become a member to view the pictures and buy from the site (kinda weird).

Oh and the MA+ bag was on y! auctions for 45,000 Yen for buy it now. I left it, then came back the next day and it was gone! [:(] It was the brown leather version.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mesh
      • Dec 2006

Disagree with Faust, I quite like the designs and they're nicely different.

Those pants are exactly what I've been looking for.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

I was given the honor of previewing the upcoming MA+ boots yesterday. One of the SA's at L'Eclaireur is a good friend of Amadei's andAmadei hadbrought in two pairs for her and the owner of L'Eclaireur. The boots are lovely and classic but nothing mind-blowing. A mixture of CDiem boots and classic motorcycle boots. No zips just a buckle strap that runs across the front bend of the foot and connects at the heel on each side. The boots are slip on with no zippers or laces. All black, nicely distressed, tarnished silver buckle. The heel has the + stenciled on the bottom of them.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

awesome that he's doing footwear now. i really love his spring line, and think that he's taking his line where carpe diem should have gone (pretty stagnant if you ask me. maybe he took all the creative juices after he left.).

albert, you need to take a picture of yourself wearing the aviator hoody!

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• kompressorkev
            • Dec 2006

leather pants and gloves

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Wow those gloves look really cool. I didn't know he made anything like that. I think the woman on the L'Eclaireur video on mens.style.com was wearing them (now that I think of it... she may be the one that is friends with Amadei).

Where'd you get the photos Kev?

God the leather is perfect....

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kompressorkev
                • Dec 2006

hey albert,

the leather indeed looks amazing! i got the pics from Selectshop CORE:

http://www.geocities.jp/selectshopcore/

a few M.A.+ pieces are listed under "other brands". they used to have more items, such as the t-shirts and the long-sleeve t's that we've been seeing. recently they took them down. if i remember correctly, the t's were 48,000 yen, and the long-sleeve t's were 62,500 yen, as expected. they also had the aviator hoodie, i think the same one you picked up, and it was like 220,000 yen. CORE carries some volga volga as well.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Damn, I still need to get one of those wallets. Those are incredible and the smaller size is just what I have been looking for!
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• clay
                    • Sep 2006

I like his clothes.Just cant get by the prices, but let a player play.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="clay"]I like his clothes.Just cant get by the prices, but let a player play.
                      [/quote]

indeed.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Haha, yeah as discussed before MA+ prices can be a real killer. The pants cost ($1000+) and the belt ($600 was it?) are really exorbitant for what you get but some of the smaller items are more affordable and really quite something. Several items can be had for $260ish which is closer to tolerable but definitely not to be considered "cheap" either.

Let a player play fo sho

Comment

• clay
                          • Sep 2006

Ha Ha!!!! Fo Sho!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Merz I've only had experience with one article of clothing (the aviator hoody) and it fits perfectly true to size. Everything else is accessories etc (although the belts have "sizes" it's just a matter of punching new holes on the leather).

Any good store that carries MA+ should be willing to measure and to help you choose your size as well but for your own reference the aviator fits dead on. If you get a chance to handle one in person it'll blow your mind! It's a piece that's worth the money (bizarre that the pants are $1100 but this complicated jacket is $1500!) if you're ready to spend it.

Let me know if I can help you in any further way!

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

albert, the prices on the linen pants are actually $1400(!!!!), with no signs of a mark down. definitely seems like his price points are quite skewed for certain pieces.

i'm kinda bummed that all the aviators were sold at A because i wanted to see how awesome it looked. i really hope that they do some nice knits in for f/w.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

albert, the prices on the linen pants are actually $1400(!!!!), with no signs of a mark down. definitely seems like his price points are quite skewed for certain pieces.

i'm kinda bummed that all the aviators were sold at A because i wanted to see how awesome it looked. i really hope that they do some nice knits in for f/w.

[/quote]

Whaaaaaat... that's just wrong.

The belt you got (along with the big cross skinny belt) and the aviator were the best buys from MA+ of the season... I don't get why the more innovative skinny belts were half the price of the full sized essentially "normal" one. The full size MA+ belt with the moebius silver ring chain on it from last season was a lovely piece. Elegant and subtle and... um something like $800.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎