Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rei
    • Oct 2011

Have to agree. While I'm not that familiar with his work, this looked really refreshing.

Comment

• JohnFG
      • May 2007

It is 224€ (208€ out side of Germany) over here in Berlin.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Ouch...

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by JohnFG View Post
        It is 224€ (208€ out side of Germany) over here in Berlin.
        320 freedom bucks in Atelier NY

a little more for asian stores, so my guesstimates were pretty close for those markets.
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• anchorboy
          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Haha, no, he's as skinny as ever. I think it's more clients complaining :-)
          I can't agree with it more, the previous aviator type is just too tight to fit. It usually 1-2 size down for a regular size.

Comment

• Hon
            • Dec 2017

Hey guys,
            Has anyone had an experience with the m.a+ .925 Silver Cross Belts? I have heard the following about them: there are many different versions, sizes, with size not being too important. I’ve also been struggling to find a single one for retail. Can anyone else elaborate? How was your experience, if you are familiar? This piece has been on my radar for a while and indeed it’s grungy and simplistic, but I still really appreciate the piece. I would like the version (if remotely possible) with the most crosses (XL), but I’m a size 30 (46) . Thanks all.
            p.s. This is more of a post seeking information about the piece itself, not about where to buy.

Comment

• darkart
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Hon View Post
              Hey guys,
              Has anyone had an experience with the m.a+ .925 Silver Cross Belts? I have heard the following about them: there are many different versions, sizes, with size not being too important. I’ve also been struggling to find a single one for retail. Can anyone else elaborate? How was your experience, if you are familiar? This piece has been on my radar for a while and indeed it’s grungy and simplistic, but I still really appreciate the piece. I would like the version (if remotely possible) with the most crosses (XL), but I’m a size 30 (46) . Thanks all.
              p.s. This is more of a post seeking information about the piece itself, not about where to buy.
              I am a size 30 same as you, wearing a size large. Depends of the leather its made of, mine is cow i believe while new versions made of bison, thicker and softer. The problem you got when you wearing a large size is the tightest hole is still too loose, large is just ok with a little loose. If you choose xl, you might need to add some extra holes. Thats my own experience. Maybe new version(bison) is different.

Comment

• Hon
                • Dec 2017

Hey darkart,
                Thanks for that, one last thing if you don’t mind. I’m looking for the version with the belt buckle, not the hook, is this going to be a challenge? Most versions I see have the hook, and probably are made of cow. Regardless, I would love a mini review about the belt.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Hon View Post
                  Hey darkart,
                  Thanks for that, one last thing if you don’t mind. I’m looking for the version with the belt buckle, not the hook, is this going to be a challenge? Most versions I see have the hook, and probably are made of cow. Regardless, I would love a mini review about the belt.
                  I have the buckle version made from bison. There are so many wholes in it, that I don't think it matters much what size you are. Atelier has some for sale for sure, and so does the Archive.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Hon
                    • Dec 2017

Do the crosses wrap all the way around? I’m assuming not, the ones on Atelier have a large space on the belt with no crosses; however, they are indeed the buckled version, which is my preference as of now. I have noticed some belts have crosses on the whole piece (mostly the hook versions) while some only have crosses on 3/5-4/5 of the belt (belt buckle version). I wonder the differences in fit and appearance between these, especially if they are all essentially one size. For me, I want as many crosses as possible, does it make a difference visually? Final question for the belt owners, how are yours holding up through the years?
                    Thanks all.

Comment

• newp
                      • Feb 2013

There are 2 different versions of the crosses as well: one version has crosses reaching towards the edge of the belt http://prntscr.com/itokyl(the one I have), another version has crosses "inside" - http://prntscr.com/itok6a

Both are buckled. I haven't seen any not-fully-covered-by-crosses belts yet though.

I have been using this studded cross one just for one year or so, before I was using cross-cut version. Both are holding just fine.

Comment

• Hon
                        • Dec 2017

Thanks for that newp, I am looking solely for the studded crosses version with the crosses on the “inside,” as seen on Atelier. However, in the two display pictures, the part of the belt opposite the buckle has no crosses for more than a few inches. As I said, I would like the version with as many crosses as possible, so what’s the deal with this large gap with no crosses? I don’t mean to sound ignorant, simply curious, as I’ve seen m.a+ Cross Belts WITHOUT buckle and they’re almost completely covered in crosses. Notably, however, the unbuckled version has crosses that appear much skinnier and further away from each other. I have an example in my pictures, but I’m still trying to figure out how to upload saved pictures(I mostly use SZ on mobile). Sorry for the rant, stay well everyone.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Do_Decor
                              • Jul 2018

Good morning Gentlemen,

short question to Ma+ coat owners.
                              I am in market for a Ma+ Coat. A simple minimalist one for German spring/summer temperatures. There is one hooded and an unhooded model I like.

I only know the brand from Photos/Interviews and have never handled it.
                              Would appreciate your thoughts on the build quality?
                              Sorry if this question came up before, I went through this thread but could not find much related specifically to the coats.

Other question re fitting. Thread has two conflicting statements re optimal body build.
                              At one point it’s pointed out that you need to be rather slim to make the shape of the clothes work, at another point, the opposite is stated.
                              Any opinion on fit of the coats? I am quite average with 183cm and 80kg

Thank you!

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Yes, the coats, like everything else, tend to fit slim. I would size up. And I would certainly recommend going to a store if you are not familiar with the brand.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎