Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

I suppose that's what I was thinking albert. If the construction is inherently problematic - why bother, when a sleeve with seams looks better?

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      I suppose that's what I was thinking albert. If the construction is inherently problematic - why bother, when a sleeve with seams looks better?
      That's a good question Johnny :)

Amadei has been constructing that style of sleeve seam since his Linea days and has carried it over ever since his first solo collection. I feel like it works well on the aviator, in shirts and in the coats that I have seen but perhaps you're right and he should consider something that gives a more anatomic fit through the arm... he could dart in the elbow crook prior to running the angled seam stitch... that would generate a more naturally fitting "bend". Who knows though. It's become almost a 'signature' sleeve construction of Amadei's so it's likely not to change.

It doesn't really bother me (even with that sort of elbow crinkling) since Amadei pieces have always been about a level of comfort and "oldness". Contrasted with CCP where something like elbow crinkling in a suit jacket would be unacceptable to me, Amadei's pieces have that "soft" and broken-in sort of overall feel that make me give it more leeway in terms of fit and function.

...although certainly the pieces still have to be the right size
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Honestly, I think it just doesn't fit that particular model very well. Looks like you have to be 5'10" or taller to pull off that suit. Or maybe just the pants...

I do like it though but like Albert said, that suit in a single color would be fantastic. (which I believe it was ordered that way by a few stores)
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

I was going to say the same thing, I wouldn't judge the fit based on that model.

I've tried that jacket on in a different material and it looked pretty good imo, not puffy like that. same goes for the 5-pocket trousers, we've seen them look much better.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• eaglewood
            • Feb 2007

You don't buy a suit like that for its classic construction so that gives you a bit of freedom to enjoy the thing itself. I really like that pattern and the shape that the material takes especially on the pants. The closure on the jacket breaks up the traditional barrel chest and it works pretty well. It seems that the collar might stand up and the lapel flips up to close all the way up which would be pretty versatile. I would not mind something like that in the wardrobe.

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

yeh you dont go to amadei cause you want a ccp razor suit
              i think it is how its ment to be model maybe isnt perfect
              his designs are all about simplifying patterns and choice of fabric and this is a great example of that

on another note what sort of themes issues do you think ma deals with if any ? do you think he just is about a garment rather than themes etc i mean ann obviously has poetry and romanticism, poell is pretty dark amd twisted, raf has many futuristic refrences
              is maurizio seperate from this

Comment

• eaglewood
                • Feb 2007

on another note what sort of themes issues do you think ma deals with if any ? do you think he just is about a garment rather than themes etc i mean ann obviously has poetry and romanticism, poell is pretty dark amd twisted, raf has many futuristic refrences
                is maurizio seperate from this[/QUOTE]

I don't know for sure but if I reflect on it I would say that he is probably about the garments and the fabrics rather than themes.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Yea, I highly doubt he designs with a theme involved. He seems more about construction/fabrics.
                  I would like to know what kind of 'inspiration' he uses to come up with his collection.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

his theme is the following:

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

lol. Dolla dolla bills ya'll!

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

Some MA+...

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

Don't want to particularly harp on about this, but I'm genuinely interested to understand the appeal. I know that you don't go there for a perfectly or classically tailored suit; that's obvious. Do'nt think it's the model either - an arm's an arm. There's nothing wrong with quirk, or detail, or unusual fabric, or construction. My point is that if the quirk is impractical and serves no useful purpose is it just decoration for the sake of it? OK - he decides to make the sleeve section out of one piece of fabric - the result is that the sleeves look weird. He didn't (I suspect) decide to make a sleeve that looked crumpled and out of shape, and then concluded that the only way to do this was a single-piece construction. So it looks a bit like he just did it for the sake of using a single piece of fabric, on the basis that this in itself would look good.

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

i'm not sure if this answers your question
                            but one sleeve is pulled up
                            and the other sleeve fits naturally, longer
                            they show the pants in the same way
                            from behind the pulled up sleeve looks bunched
                            up and terrible
                            i don't think anybody mentioned this or sorry if its obvious
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• osn19
                              • Feb 2007

As much as I like MA+ in general, I wonder if there is any inspiration, reference, or position lately in his work. Everything seems to be about construction techniques and fabrics selection and high pricing, just like he's trying to improve his tricks with each new collection, like a magician improving the same show over again for the same crowd.
                              I would like to see SS09 in person and find out that there is something new. Might be disapointing. Can't wait though

Originally posted by Casius View Post
                              Yea, I highly doubt he designs with a theme involved. He seems more about construction/fabrics.
                              I would like to know what kind of 'inspiration' he uses to come up with his collection.
                              Originally posted by blacksuit
                              wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

om did a record about it

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎