X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

Haha, yea, I think you're right. Albert, start driving down to Mexico and doing some underground surgerys for some extra dough! [:O]
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Too late....

damn, he really made that collection sound like something completely amazing. I try to challenge myself and visualize what he's describing and I just hope it's something that is true to the description given. My one sartoria piece is just pure genius and I hope that Altieri has pushed even beyond that into a realm we couldn't even dream possible.

...I have to say that the "yes I have photos, no I won't show them to you" statement comes across a bit asshole-y.

But c'est la vie. There is a(n) (unfortunate) amount of superiority complex that surrounds some of these brands and those with access in the retail forum it seem... it can't be all good it seems.

The CCP fencing jacket is making me absolutely drool. Look for some pieces on the sale forum here this evening hehehe!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

I think he was just teasing in the email to me, he's a very nice guy! (I think the owner of the shop..) He'll probably be able to provide photos once he knows when/if the line is to be produced. It certainly does sound like a great collection though and the non-catwalk-like approach sounds like what Carol did with his river floating show. I'm sure the prices will be exorbant, so at least there's some time to save up eh? :)

P.S. Yea the fencing jacket is unbelievable.

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

agent l said that his s/s fencing jacket was practically the same as the new ones for this winter.

stupid question, but is it pronounced m.a PLUS or m.a CROSS?
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• LEWisMe
            • Jul 2007

Pronounced: M A Plus
            "Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="merz"]albert, what are the differences - so far as you're able to tell - between the spring/summer fencing jacket and the ones we've got for the winter season? I believe some person off of our forums had the s/s one as well, and the jacket was well-documented in this thread before he pulled an emoragequit? Since i'm going through the library service on this it seems i've a selection of past seasons to choose from..i sort of liked the fit of the spring/summer one better from what i saw..
              [/quote]

Two key ones: Thicker leather and black instead of the gray/green. It makes me want the current fencing SOOOOOOOOOO badly! I need to make it work somehow. I need one. Even if it is my only purchase this season.

The fit should be about the same. Carol holds pretty true in terms of his cut. It's just the tagged sizing that can differ somewhat from season to season....

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• crouka
                • Jul 2007

the pronunciation is "m a cross".

if I remember rightly, in the first place it comes from the simplest signature, cross.

if you take it as "m across", it's on the other side.......
                through to the other side to find something
                which goes with the original (cdiem) spirit of going deeply into research to reach a new product.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                  • Dec 2006

i used to pronounce it "m. a. plus", but taking cue from the websites i've seen, i believe it is "m. a. cross". ^ similarly, i just say maurizio amadei.

----------------------------------------------
                  some really crushed bags for f/w

interesting presentation. reminiscent of a familiar LUC display. pics from boutiqueW

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

I really, really want the bag in the second picture on the left...wow. It's nice and simple yet just enough 'roughness' to it. Thanks for the pics Kev.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Gorgeous bags - thanks, Kevin.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LEWisMe
                        • Jul 2007

Karlo at Atelier calls it M A Plus. So do the reps at Alan B.
                        "Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• pipcleo
                          • Jan 2007

ss o8

few pics

Comment

• deuxmille
                            • Nov 2006

Not sure about those pants... the red is nice though.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Not a big fan of the styling of this collection.... a bit TOO casual and those black/white pants.... yikes!

That hooded multi-fabric jacket/sweater in the first photo shows some promise and is that a shirt version of the aviator jacket I spy?

Lots more textures in this collection, although I did prefer the darker feel from before.

God the leather is outstanding.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

can't touch this...
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎