Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kbi
    • Feb 2009

can you be more specific what part is failing? I think this would be helpful.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by kbi View Post
      can you be more specific what part is failing? I think this would be helpful.
      yeah i find this quite puzzling, my experience has been quite the opposite..

Comment

• Matteo Lovadina
        • Feb 2010

well, that would be a long list i try to be short :
        pair 1 - 1 year : worn a lot (love them), redone the heel after 4 months, the sole after 6 months, now the front part is un stiching and the shape is fading away.
        pair 2 - 3 months : worn once (1) under the rain, stains everywhere (i do take care of shoes in general) and the thin sole (sorry if i miss tech terms) which lays on the real sole started detaching. sole and heel redone after 1 week.
        pair 3 - 3 months : sole and heel redone after 1 week (prevention). the zip fails to close properly. the silver detail seems to move a little too much
        pair 4 - 2 years : the sole has gone, so has the heel. 1 year intense wearing. The leather started breaking on the sawing in the middle of the feet

well, for this price tag, i was hoping to keep them for at least half of a decade. i really thing they are meant to last more than 2 seasons...

and let's do not talk about the ann's and rick's and ato's.
        my berlutti have 8 years of good services at thier active...
        Art is the proper task of life.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ Boycott fashion!!!

You should read the Quality v. Aesthetics thread and tell us what you think.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• asho
            • Nov 2007

while I think the issues relating to the upper of a shoe are a problem, it's really hard to criticise a designer for the way a sole or heel will wear.

There is so much variation due to the way people walk as well as climatic differences, preferred mode of transport and what the sidewalks are made from in your town/city, that its impossible to really design a sole or heel with a nice aesthetic that won't wear through in all situations.

Comment

• Matteo Lovadina
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by asho View Post
              while I think the issues relating to the upper of a shoe are a problem, it's really hard to criticise a designer for the way a sole or heel will wear.

There is so much variation due to the way people walk as well as climatic differences, preferred mode of transport and what the sidewalks are made from in your town/city, that its impossible to really design a sole or heel with a nice aesthetic that won't wear through in all situations.
              completely agree, within limits thou. just got back from a 3 weeks in Berlin, with snow, ice and tons of sale on the sidewalks. My "hard as a rock" ann d. have taken a 5 years in their face !!
              but when the sole of your shoe doesn't resists a 1 hours walk in the rain the very first day you wear them (ma+), then I have the right to say, in my opinion, that they are made out of crap or that Aesthetics killed Quality...
              rememebr, we are talking about leather boots, not a 9inch Louboutin...
              Art is the proper task of life.

Comment

• SuperTurboTaco
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Matteo Lovadina View Post
                but when the sole of your shoe doesn't resists a 1 hours walk in the rain the very first day you wear them (ma+), then I have the right to say, in my opinion, that they are made out of crap or that Aesthetics killed Quality...
                Don`t have experience with ma+ footwear, but this sounds like utter nonsense to me. This is also just my opinion from what I know of Maurizio`s other pieces.
                Last edited by SuperTurboTaco; 03-01-2010, 04:30 AM. Reason: added

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

Regardless of whatever, that's pretty fucked up, is what it is.

The fact he bought a pair 3 after what happened with pair 2 is nothing short of heroic patronage towards the designer. MA+ should award this guy a lifetime warranty or something.
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• SuperTurboTaco
                    • Oct 2009

In my book, that is called stupidity

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

u should think of putting protective rubber soles on your boots matteo.
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by asho View Post

Indeed, daily wear can also kill a shoe very quickly. I do prefer shoes made by artisans/shoemakers myself but that's also due to aesthetics.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Matteo,

I guess if you can afford four pairs of them, then how soon they wear away becomes irrelevant!
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

this is what my m.a's are going through:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• calv
                              • May 2009

hard knock life..

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                this is what my m.a's are going through:
                                that's what shoes are for...........
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎