• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewislasorad
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    this is what my m.a's are going through:

hope you're wearing protection on those
    Last edited by Faust; 03-01-2010, 07:25 PM. Reason: do not repost images on the same page

Comment

• Monty76
      • Sep 2006

Lowrey: are those the same as the ones atelier has (just with a little wear)?

or are they a reversed leather?

Comment

• kuugaia
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
        hope you're wearing protection on those
        Protection on the things protecting our feet.
        edit: I couldn't find the pocket protector protector pic I had. Yes I repeated 'protector' twice.

Matteo you mind explaining your thought process of buying more MA+ after already having multiple problems with them?
        Last edited by kuugaia; 03-01-2010, 01:57 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

• andrewislasorad
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
          Matteo you mind explaining your thought process of buying more MA+ after already have multiple problems with them?
          having something to complain about of course

Comment

• Matteo Lovadina
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post

Matteo you mind explaining your thought process of buying more MA+ after already having multiple problems with them?
            mind is not really a form of art. passion is. when you like it and you can buy it, you just buy it no ?
            am i the only one who acts this way ?

what about your dozen RO tshirts full of holes ? again, i think it's in the passion field, that lays the answer...

stupidity... such a judgy thing... probably i am, for the same reason, probably, that i signed in with my real name and not a pseudo ?

whatever, those comments are not making my ma+ feel better...
            - experience, talks... : buy ma+ = spend more money to re-do the sole and heel immediately after purchase (suggestion number //1). so, practically forget about the cross if you don't have a good shoe repair that can make the same in rubber...
            - use good protection wax (or cream) to avoid stains on the non polished leather (suggestion number //2).
            - avoid water anyway, they look like boots but they behave like stilettos... (personal suggestion, i call it number(9)
            - wear them once a week... for this i will actually need 4 more pairs that i will buy with my stupid passion, asking for a lifetime warranty, hopefully before they become irrelevant...

i will try my chance on the Quality v. Aesthetics thread...
            Art is the proper task of life.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Monty, they are reversed, from a couple of years back.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Monty76
                • Sep 2006

Agreed... amazing... thanks for sharing!

Comment

• kuugaia
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Matteo Lovadina View Post
                  mind is not really a form of art. passion is. when you like it and you can buy it, you just buy it no ?
                  am i the only one who acts this way ?

what about your dozen RO tshirts full of holes ? again, i think it's in the passion field, that lays the answer...

stupidity... such a judgy thing... probably i am, for the same reason, probably, that i signed in with my real name and not a pseudo ?

whatever, those comments are not making my ma+ feel better...
                  - experience, talks... : buy ma+ = spend more money to re-do the sole and heel immediately after purchase (suggestion number //1). so, practically forget about the cross if you don't have a good shoe repair that can make the same in rubber...
                  - use good protection wax (or cream) to avoid stains on the non polished leather (suggestion number //2).
                  - avoid water anyway, they look like boots but they behave like stilettos... (personal suggestion, i call it number(9)
                  - wear them once a week... for this i will actually need 4 more pairs that i will buy with my stupid passion, asking for a lifetime warranty, hopefully before they become irrelevant...

i will try my chance on the Quality v. Aesthetics thread...
                  What the...maybe this passion of yours could try some other more robust shoe labels. I don't think there's anybody here on this forum besides you that has continuously dropped 2k+ on shoe brand that has continuously failed them. Try something new.

How sexy does lowrey's MA+ sweater look in wawyt? Zomg makes me want one too.

Comment

• croatoan
                    • Jul 2007

Putting rubber on the soles and using a protective spray upon first receiving your shoes just seems like common sense..

I just dropped off a pair of Julius boots for their third heel repair. I don't blame their construction but the fact that I wear them a lot and do tons of walking.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I kill my footwear as well, especially the lower part, because I overpronate like a motherfucker. I've resoled all of them. It is common sense. Now the problems with the upper or especially with the way the upper part is attached to the lower one is another story.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pierce
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2009

It old wisdom not to wear leather soled shoes in snow, rain is ok, but snow breaks down the sole and stiching in a way that nothing else does due to its freezing action. Its what happened to the germans on their march into russia, their regular army boots started falling apart.

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

over the past several days i went thru this entire thread and there were a few things that interested me. one is that i think many newer users or casual observers may think that there is universal approval for amadei here, probably because of his cdiem relationship, and that that is reflected in that whole "baller" thing and waywt misinterpretations and so called "bad" fits controversy where its good just because its ma+ or ccp label whoring thing. this couldn't be further from the truth. there were a ton of negative comments and reports from many many people that i was surprised to read. many were related to pricing vs value issues which are totally understandable. others were based on actual design and execution. i think it took a while for general ma+ approval to develop (of course there are still detractors and ma+ fails). and i have an idea why based on what i've read and my personal experience.

i've always purchased online and i can admit that there were times when a pricey ma+ piece would show up and i'd think to myself "really? thats it? and i paid how much for this?" often there is no lining, the material is too rough or too heavy or too light or the piece is just too, i don't know, minimal i guess. but i think its best to test drive a piece before rejecting it. so i've always given it a chance. and i'm quite certain that amadei makes pieces that need to be experienced to be appreciated. you need to touch it, spend time with it, examine it, and most importantly wear it in order to see its value. only then can you be really impressed by the fact that the material isn't too rough or heavy, it just needs to be worn in. it molds to your body and performs in a way that rivals much heavier or more processed fabrics. and its not too light, because the quality of the weave means that it will last twice as long as materials of comparable weight. and its not too minimal. the magic is in that it is just right. it is the purity of the design and materials and the elegance in the simplicity of the garment combined with the hidden complexity of the pattern and construction that are so impressive. 2d representations of m.a+ are poor substitutes for handling the goods.

and no he's not the only one doing it and yes some of it is derivative and yes there are occasional fails but these are just my thoughts after reading the thread. and overall i think amadei succeeds more often than he fails. i'm a fan and intend to invest in m.a+ for a long time to come.

i'm not going to mention price right now though. thats a whole other thing and i'm all typed out

i also decided that i'd like to see the title of this thread changed to m.a+ (maurizio amadei) instead of just the "+" even though the first collection didn't have the ma part added yet. it just drives me nuts because i like everything in its right place...

also that female model he used is a total babe
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• fenrost
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2009

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

^^see? told you
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

she's such a babe, it's not even funny. superbabe, i'd say.

i appreciate what you say, cjbreed, and i am glad that you provide an example of what happens when you look at the forum closely and not casually dismiss it as a bunch of dudes in black drinking sissy kool-aid.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎