Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

s/s 07 might have actually been better than ccps s/s 07, which was the defining season. that season was mindblowing
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

while i haven't been the biggest patron of amadei's last few collections (largely owing to color and sizing issues) i still regard him at the absolute top of his league. even if he repeats himself over and over the product is arguably better than just about anything else out there.

edit: agreed with nod's above post. amadei and poell remain neck and neck and head and shoulders above the rest. innovation isn't everything. i wish rick was still stuck in 2007.
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

I'm not extremely familiar with either of their SS07 seasons, but as far as the more current, I'd have to put Carol above overall. I suppose it depends on taste, as I find most of the garments that they make very different.

Has Amadei ever produced a great leather jacket under the MA+ name? Seems like something he would have produced by now. The adjective "great" would exclude the upcoming leather aviator.

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

damm old photos show his true skills;
            the bag in last photo ^^^ i use that thing pretty much any time i need a bag. Made from a single piece of canvass

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

give me a few days to post up a couple classics. the reverse calf two clasp shoulder bag, the blue leather lined elephant pocket "smoking" or cognac jacket, the thick calf leather ankle boot

s/s07 was the first season the aviator too, which was off the charts. like nothing I had ever seen. it was in a whole nother league.

the overlock was in the other league. along with the "rain" pattern. and the black derby w the hardware. the A suit hit in f/w and sold out quickly.
              it would be a year bf the five pocket hit in Tokyo. the pants were the only weak spot in the ensemble. let's not forget the wallet debuted in this season (I think) so the cycle was complete. in s/s 07 amadei briefly held the title.
              when the fencing came out in fw carol started wearing pinstripes
              Last edited by philip nod; 04-09-2010, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

i think this is the ss07 aviator, no?
                edit - my pics disappeared.
                Last edited by cjbreed; 04-10-2010, 10:38 AM.
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

That aviator is beyond all others that followed. The subtle irregularities and fabric chioce solidify it as the greatest. Though I've heard it's somewhat less wearer friendly than the ss08. Also very nice, but I prefer the less polished version.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

I found the thing to be very bothersome combersome almost impossible to wear. it might have been to small for me. I love the s/s 09 version. that thing might have been the first piece to set the classifieds ablaze

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

I owned one briefly, but it was way too big. Very stiff, but that's what I loved about it. I could see how it could rub and be uncomfortable. Not sure if that fabric would ever really break-in.

My SS08 is nice. Very soft and versatile. But it doesn't have that awkwardness and charm of the 07.

So SS07 was the first aviator? I received a message awhile back from Diego. He said he thought he had an 06, but he really wasn't sure. He's got like five of them.

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

the s/s 07 is akin to wearing armor. it also got v hot very quickly.
                        I'm sure Diego probably located a prototype or something legendary like the rocket launching boba fett.

Comment

• comex9
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                          while i haven't been the biggest patron of amadei's last few collections (largely owing to color and sizing issues) i still regard him at the absolute top of his league. even if he repeats himself over and over the product is arguably better than just about anything else out there.

edit: agreed with nod's above post. amadei and poell remain neck and neck and head and shoulders above the rest. innovation isn't everything. i wish rick was still stuck in 2007.
                          I concur. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                          Last edited by comex9; 04-14-2010, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Great retrospective link:

http://www.arthur.gr.jp/blog/gh/archives/ma/index.html

use google translator and with that combined with the lovely images you get a nice run through of some highlights over the last few years. Grandmalicious.
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

^^thanks for the link
                              nice collection of images for sure...

so, what's the general consensus on this piece:

the outer layer fabric is very cool. i'm just a little put off by the button placement...
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

^Yeah, it's too high. I've seen one button on long coats pulled off when they're lower. But I'd almost always go for 2. Really though, it's hard to say until you try it on and see how it wears.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎