Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • een
    • Sep 2006

i've tried on the shorter version - thought the jacket rocked, and the button placement worked well with the breast pockets and collar.

image courtesy sartorialoft blog
    Last edited by een; 04-15-2010, 04:35 PM. Reason: added image

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

the button is removable. still not a big fan
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

I could see how this would look better on a shorter version. The filmsy collar is helping though.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

wack. i really don't see all the fascination with grandma. are we looking at different things? all i see is average fabrics, average construction. yeah, the seamwork is nice and all, but the rest is perfectly forgettable (except the boots and some bags). to compare him with carol seems strange...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            wack. i really don't see all the fascination with grandma. are we looking at different things? all i see is average fabrics, average construction. yeah, the seamwork is nice and all, but the rest is perfectly forgettable (except the boots and some bags). to compare him with carol seems strange...
            this is how I see it as well for the most part, other than a few items with nice shapes and what not, but otherwise it doesn't quite get my goat.
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

i guess i'm going to try to reply to faust, eternal, and ftb all together, but in as brief a manner as possible. with no mention of price. obviously i can only speak for myself (but i think many will feel the same)

one of the main reasons i'm so drawn to m.a+ is because it looks good on me. of course one could argue that yohji or ann are superior designers for whatever reason (fabrics, designs, consistency). but i look bad in yohji and i've yet to come across an ann piece that inspires the same feelings in me that ma+ does. and again i think i look silly in ann, partly because ann doesn't suit my personality.

which brings me to a new thought. i'm also drawn to m.a+ because the nature of his designs suits me best. the rawness, purity, beauty in simplicity + complex patterns and construction are design philosophies most in line with my own perspective on art, etc. which is another reason i look and feel comfortable in the clothes.

that being said, m.a+ is not the first to do this nor is it the best. but continues et al is a thing of the past. he is the best at what he's doing, this style of clothing, that i can go find in a store right now.

maybe if avantindietro had a stronger presence that wouldn't be the case. and LUC is not a direct comparison. it's a totally different thing. i do think there are more options now than before, with the emergence of new labels in a similar vein, such as devoa, individual sentiments, and lost&found. we shall see who comes out on top.

and especially with respect to fabrics there are multiple designers using more luxurious materials, obviously, but thats not always amadei's goal. i think he often uses a stiffer or more raw material in an effort to have a superior product once it is broken in. but i can admit i have a couple pieces that use just average fabric. true. there are m.a+ fails every season. but more wins.

also, like i said in a previous post. the way i feel about an m.a+ piece upon first look is not the same as how i feel about it after 6 months of wear. it can be underwhelming at first, but that will change when it becomes an extension of you the way few other garments can.

anyway, until someone comes along that is doing it better, m.a+ will get my dollar votes.

and the ccp comparison is totally legit to me. ccp is more of a mad scientist clothing experimenter, but honestly who else can u class with m.a+? who else is in his class/category?

that was not as brief as i had hoped...
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I didn't want to start comparing (and i was only compelled to say something again because of the ccp comparison), but to me both devoa and indi sent trump grandma. easily. i am not saying, by the way, that you shouldn't like it :-)
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

bold statement.
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ wait til you see my devoa twist pants this summer.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

I didn't want to start comparing (and i was only compelled to say something again because of the ccp comparison), but to me both devoa and indi sent trump grandma. easily. i am not saying, by the way, that you shouldn't like it :-)
                      this reminds me of the last barry mcgee show i saw at deitch. i was surprised to find it underwhelming because by that point so many artists were doing barry mcgee better than he could do himself. whenever i see a great piece from these two labels my first question is always "is that m.a+?" hell i even asked it today.
                      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ hahaha but don't forget, yoko was a patternmaker at CDiem and the only collaborator for avantidientro.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

when ma blunders its pretty cringe worthy
                          the detachable high ankle boot with derby
                          is at the top of my razzies list for the year

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

... but to me both devoa and indi sent trump grandma. easily. ...
                            i don't want to keep up the comparisons either. and what u say may be true. i've not had much direct exposure to the labels (and on a personal note, big sizes are a rarity for IS and a nada for devoa)

but i will say these devoa pics on fascinate.jp are a great intro to the brand and i see virtually no fails present (except maybe the baggy pants). i would love to get to know this label better
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

has devoa fixed that wierd problem with the fit in the forearm area yet?

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

s/s 07 reverse calf leather bag

pretty much the dopest bag he's made
                                the patina on this after 3 years is sick
                                silver rocket you cant stop it burn a hole in your pocket

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎