• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

[quote user="matthewhk"]yep...i'm tall. the last time i measured i am bordering on 6'5 at this point, so a lot of niche brands' tops may come up a bit short on me.plus i've gained quite a bit of weight in recent months, so wearing very slim clothing isn't quite as flattering as it used to be (i'm still fine with the pants, but it's my upper body that's bulked up - starting to form a bit of a gut!)[/quote]

Matt, give me 5", and we both should be just fine.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• buratino
      • Feb 2007

...& 1" to me

Comment

• Who?
        • Aug 2007

Whats the material composition of this season's aviator hoodie and the plunge neck hoodie?
        WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

[quote user="Who?"]Whats the material composition of this season's aviator hoodie and the plunge neck hoodie?
          [/quote]

probably canvas for the aviator. A doesn't have them yet, so very hard to say unless you buy them from japan.

speaking of A, i went there and tried on a grey leather shirt. I really love it. another sold in 30 seconds while i was there and i think they have sold 4 out of limited stock already. its $2200. but its quite amazing. i'm gonna throw down. i don't have anything like it in my closet. i'll probably not buy the low v neck hoodie instead.

the boots were a greenish leather and single layer and OK. although i didn't try them on. i'm happy w the double layer black high top ones i got from last season.

the bags were pretty cool.

i was informed that A will reduce if not completely eliminate the photos of their stock on the website. they want to encourage more people in the store and less questions on the phone (that most likely lead to sales elsewhere). i'm bummed by this because i like the website. but i understand where they're coming from.

p nerf

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

man, i bet that grey leather shirt is ridiculous.

A's going to get rid of the pictures??????? i think that's a really bad business decision in my opinion. i thought that was one of the smartest things that they did last season and i'm certain definitely encouraged sales and helped their bottom line. total bummer!

also, if you're looking for the aviator, you will definitely have to be on your toes for it. i have a feeling it will be extremely difficult to get it from A.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Man, I'm bummed to hear that as well but I can definitely see where they are coming from. Wont stop me from ordering from them, it just may mean I ask a few more questions. :)

Edit- Agree with Joey above. It certainly aided me in purchases I know that much!

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

yeah, they said they might have 3 pics from each designer, shot in still life. but no more models from the store. i think they might be worried about the pressures of expansion while trying to maintain a low profile. i really think they want to stay super underground. again, culturally, we are used to previews and that is a completely relevant and normal thing to do in this day and age. but hey god love em

Comment

• Who?
                  • Aug 2007

Thanks Pnod, I am about to pre-order it from Japan since A isn't getting it in a 44.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

if you're a 44 i would reconsider the sizing. i'm getting a 48 in the grey leather and i'm normally a 46. i've noticed lately the MA+ is running a size big on me. even the 50 in the leather was possible. 46 was way too tight. its a lot like what LUC is this season.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

yeah, i see that pniddy. they've been doing things their own way for so long that in the end much like the lines they carry i.e. ccp, it probably won't matter that much. it's a bummer for those who don't live in nyc. i guess we were just spoiled when they did it in the first place while places like AB just list the lines they carry.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]yeah, they said they might have 3 pics from each designer, shot in still life. but no more models from the store. i think they might be worried about the pressures of expansion while trying to maintain a low profile. i really think they want to stay super underground. again, culturally, we are used to previews and that is a completely relevant and normal thing to do in this day and age. but hey god love em
                        [/quote]

Yea, this all makes perfect sense, but I'm sure, if you ask, A will kindly provide pictures to their customers.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

i also heard that the aviator from A will be in grey!? Karlo wasn't around so i couldn't get a definitive but i surprised because i thought black.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

sheeeit. i wonder if this will be a problem for me. i know that the size 50 aviators are spoken for at A. hopefully i'm not shit out of luck.

Comment

• Who?
                              • Aug 2007

Damn well tomorrow I will have to see if the 46's are all gone.

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

i'm banking that the sizing on the aviator will be similiar to a year ago because its basically a reissue and that was pretty true...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎