X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buratino
    • Feb 2007

Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

sorry for delay & maybe out of theme reply but volga is a so-so russian lableas far asMisha Panteleev(a good friend of Altieries banda) for a long time lives in japan & is married a japaneese wife. people say his behavier is very japaneese for a moment :)

talked to some people rulling famous places ineurope on m.a.+ & was surprised as far as their reaction was quite cold(instead of mine personal). they still consider mr.Altieri #1 in the field(even his new project is not very understandble for the moment) with Carol-Christian staying aside.

Comment

• pipcleo
      • Jan 2007

not really understanding your message here .... especially the so so comment...

ma+ = italian = nice things

volga volga = russian = so so things

subjective ( and personal tastes
      Last edited by pipcleo; 07-21-2009, 06:01 AM. Reason: lkkk

Comment

• buratino
        • Feb 2007

sorry, it's some missunderstanding. i meant that volga is not very russian for the moment as far as the designer for a long time lives in japan qiuet a japaneese lifeafter Faust called us(i'm russian) without any judgement of a brand

on m.a.+ i was just surprised with a quiet cold reaction of people in several countries who are selling this kind of stuff for years as far as i'm very much impressed with what mr.Amadei doing.

on meeting mr.Altiei i was just saying that it was very unusual & funnymeeting him on the street by chance(still think not very usual thing, sorry). one more timesorry if i've disturbed you with this fact

i know that many people here know the designers personally & much closer than i do& i hope i'm not so stupid to boast or to be prasing on that. if some very small facts i have hurt somebody herei'll shut up & will never say a word about my small expirience

toshare or not withthe facts about the designers that will make my skin crawlis your personal choice & i'm really don't understand why are you so upset ifi have chosen the way to share with a very few info i have thinking that maybe for somebody it'll be ineresting(soory, if it's not so)

just translated the word "denigrate":(

...don't know why

to the people here:i'venever said any lie on SZ. thank you

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

lost in translation, no worries. call off the dogs, pip! [86]

I have to say Buratino, I am not a fan of M.A.+ either, except the bags.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

[quote user="pipcleo"]

I could also mention things about him that would make your skin crawl

[/quote]
            Please do! I think this would make for an interesting change of pace. :)
            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]

[quote user="pipcleo"]

[/quote]
              Please do! I think this would make for an interesting change of pace. :)

[/quote]

I wanna hear some dirt too. Or like, MA gotta be down with some brothels or something...or like, he smokes a bunch of mj and that's where he gets his ideas...you know, give us something!

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• pipcleo
                • Jan 2007

id loose a nice preview to the future if i did.... and so would you .... and not just for ma.
                but i digress. each to his own perversions....!?

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="pipcleo"]id loose a nice preview to the future if i did.... and so would you .... and not just for ma.

[/quote]

Yea, I don't wanna ruin our picture updates on here over some dirt. That's fo sho!

I like you're MA+ dog sweater too! My frenchie has been beggin' me for months to get one for him but I told him I'm waiting till sale time.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

[quote user="pipcleo"]

[/quote]
                    This kind of information is best left unpublished. As intruiging as it may be, I think its in poor taste to engage in such a discussion. Even if it were acts of necro-bestiality with the animal corpses that produce his leather stock. I'd rather not know. He's a phenomenal designer and his personal life is his to live personally.
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• pipcleo
                      • Jan 2007

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="pipcleo"]id loose a nice preview to the future if i did.... and so would you .... and not just for ma.

[/quote]

Yea, I don't wanna ruin our picture updates on here over some dirt. That's fo sho!

I like you're MA+ dog sweater too! My frenchie has been beggin' me for months to get one for him but I told him I'm waiting till sale time.

[/quote]

yeah ... canine a/w outerwear.......he had to renounce lamb shanks for a month

Comment

• buratino
                        • Feb 2007

don't know, Faust. man worked with the most interesting lines in CDiem(personal view) & i'm very happy with his coats & heavy-cotton trousers. the bag i've bought from David is waiting in Vienna. the thing i can agree with the people who are not very impressd is some of his shoes & sometime quite strange images like a rock'-n'-roll leather look with crossed belt(wich i would like to have but don't know how to use)

concerning pipcleo, i didn't do anything bad to him & i'll be happy for him if he'll meet someone interesting like Carol-Christian, Batman or someone else on the street or smth good will happen in his life &simply don't understand why he called me a liar

...i think i have to put a bigger dog then he have on my id :) peace

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

That's cool, buratino - I am not knocking your style. I guess I've never stated the reason MA does not impress me, so here it is. I am not crazy about the simplicity of his designs. Not that simplicity is bad, but this D.I.Y (Do It Yourself) feel of his clothes leaves much to be desired - it is a far cry from Altieri's mastery. I think that today we pay much more for labor than for materials - and I don't see his clothes as labor intensive (with few exceptions). Honestly, I'd rather give my money to Albert to make one of those wallets or chains, or make some of the things myself (if I was inclined to do so, which I am not). From an aesthetic point of view, I also don't like his clothes - they are just not nearly as elegant as Carpe Diem was. That's the thing I love about CDiem most - no matter how distressed or how arte povera they may look, there is an inherent elegance in them. I just don't see this with MA. Cheers. [51]
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]That's cool, buratino - I am not knocking your style. I guess I've never stated the reason MA does not impress me, so here it is. I am not crazy about the simplicity of his designs. Not that simplicity is bad, but this D.I.Y (Do It Yourself) feel of his clothes leaves much to be desired - it is a far cry from Altieri's mastery. I think that today we pay much more for labor than for materials - and I don't see his clothes as labor intensive (with few exceptions). Honestly, I'd rather give my money to Albert to make one of those wallets or chains, or make some of the things myself (if I was inclined to do so, which I am not). From an aesthetic point of view, I also don't like his clothes - they are just not nearly as elegant as Carpe Diem was. That's the thing I love about CDiem most - no matter how distressed or how arte povera they may look, there is an inherent elegance in them. I just don't see this with MA. Cheers. [51]
                            [/quote]

[:$] aw shucks. Thanks Faust :) :) :)

I like that you have a differing opinion on MA, I'll write some thoughts on it too later on today. Gotta get some Eastertime study on at the moment hehe

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• buratino
                              • Feb 2007

will think it over...

Comment

• justine
                                • Jan 2007

[quote user="Faust"]I am not crazy about the simplicity of his designs. From an aesthetic point of view, I also don't like his clothes - they are just not nearly as elegant as Carpe Diem was
                                [/quote]

That's funny, it is exactly why I love MA+. I find the lines so pure, so elegant. The construction is usually pretty amazing too. I mean, the leather boots from last fall (was it fall?) made out of 2 pieces of leather only were some of the most pure / simple / elegant boots I've seen. I tried the fw07 long coat, and I found it just completely stunning too. The belts and wallet construction are really clever too.

Having said that, what's up with the stripes pants? How can the same person design things so completely apart?...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎