X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

[quote user="Faust"]That's cool, buratino - I am not knocking your style. I guess I've never stated the reason MA does not impress me, so here it is. I am not crazy about the simplicity of his designs. Not that simplicity is bad, but this D.I.Y (Do It Yourself) feel of his clothes leaves much to be desired - it is a far cry from Altieri's mastery. I think that today we pay much more for labor than for materials - and I don't see his clothes as labor intensive (with few exceptions). Honestly, I'd rather give my money to Albert to make one of those wallets or chains, or make some of the things myself (if I was inclined to do so, which I am not). From an aesthetic point of view, I also don't like his clothes - they are just not nearly as elegant as Carpe Diem was. That's the thing I love about CDiem most - no matter how distressed or how arte povera they may look, there is an inherent elegance in them. I just don't see this with MA. Cheers. [51]
    [/quote]

perhaps one day you will find your breakthrough MA+ piece and your reservations will become seats at the fine table of riches that is MA+.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I can understand both viewpoints very well. many of the garments are very simple, it could easily be said that they're not worth the money due to the basic unfinished construction, but then again thats something another person would gladly pay for. I personally like m.a+ a lot largely because of the raw construction but also because of the interesting cuts, for example in the jackets.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

[quote user="Faust"]That's cool, buratino - I am not knocking your style. I guess I've never stated the reason MA does not impress me, so here it is. I am not crazy about the simplicity of his designs. Not that simplicity is bad, but this D.I.Y (Do It Yourself) feel of his clothes leaves much to be desired - it is a far cry from Altieri's mastery. I think that today we pay much more for labor than for materials - and I don't see his clothes as labor intensive (with few exceptions). Honestly, I'd rather give my money to Albert to make one of those wallets or chains, or make some of the things myself (if I was inclined to do so, which I am not). From an aesthetic point of view, I also don't like his clothes - they are just not nearly as elegant as Carpe Diem was. That's the thing I love about CDiem most - no matter how distressed or how arte povera they may look, there is an inherent elegance in them. I just don't see this with MA. Cheers. [51]
        [/quote]

perhaps one day you will find your breakthrough MA+ piece and your reservations will become seats at the fine table of riches that is MA+.

[/quote]

Well, I love his bags, it's the clothes I'm not sold on.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

retracted and redacted to reflect the rescinded
          Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• buratino
            • Feb 2007

Faust, i'm on m.a.+ side like some people here(just from the first time i've seen his women brown heavy leather pants hard towear about 2 years ago(still in the shop)), i find his minimalism to be a fruit of his talent & expirience(+ the materials he choses) while really a historical fact thatk.h. do not sell his goods because of quality(as they say(last summer)), degli effetti don't know why(Massimo says Amadei always after Altieri), dantone havn't seen(in December), Moscow- nothing,l'eclaireur just added the clothes to bags, chegini used to right from m.a.+ start till now

and not to forgetthe underwear! :)

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="new_dawn_fades"]

Faust.. i thought ud love those supple washed leather jackets that MA+ is now offering..

the ones on mindrtrive are fuckin ridiculous...

Im not too big on the clothes myself...but the coat pnod bought looks pretty damn fine..i think the newer stuff is better..

i suppose theres plenty of room for improvement in their case..

[/quote]

I'd rather get a piece of history that are CDiem leather shirts. One day.

I see why some people are attracted to his stuff because of its minimalism. I like minimalism myself, but I still find this too "amature."

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• buratino
                • Feb 2007

i started on speaking here about the reaction of proffesionals on m.a.+ & it's presence in mainstores because of my own feelingfrom the first day i saw the first m.a.+ piece that the amplitude of peoples attitude to the line will be very big from considering it to be genious or nothing

to say truthly, never tryed "a piece of history on me", but each day i feel i come closer & closer to it, hopefully some sources still have it(esp. jp yahoo auction)

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="buratino"]

i started on speaking here about the reaction of proffesionals on m.a.+ & it's presence in mainstores because of my own feelingfrom the first day i saw the first m.a.+ piece that the amplitude of peoples attitude to the line will be very big from considering it to be genious or nothing

to say truthly, never tryed "a piece of history on me", but each day i feel i come closer & closer to it, hopefully some sources still have it(esp. jp yahoo auction)

[/quote]

Same here. One day.

To be honest, I also thought MA+ will have a warmer reception, since he seems to be the strongest echo of CDiem and stores would need to fill the void. Rather strange.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

Hmmm I'm thinking of putting one on the market....

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]Hmmm I'm thinking of putting one on the market....[/quote]

Well, you know my number :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

Your phone number or the number you'd agree to buy it at?!!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]Your phone number or the number you'd agree to buy it at?!![/quote]

[86] The former, of course. I meant it figuratively - I don't know if you kept my phone number since your memorable NYC voyage.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• buratino
                            • Feb 2007

i think all of us are waiting what butterfly will born from avantindietro catterpillar

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

im very fond of that catterpillar
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• iSuck
                                • Mar 2008

Reading this entire threadmakes me want to get a new wallet.

Bags I can wait on. I don't carry bags in the cold/cooler months.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎