X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

The wallets have gone up in price too yeah? $450-500ish?

I was told secondhand... but man it sure makes me happy I scored mine when I could for his inaugural collection.

iSuck, it's an amazing wallet with beautiful construction, leather and overall execution... plus the leather smells really nice hehehe. Highly recommended if it is within your budget for a wallet.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I've been meaning to ask, how well does the wallet work with multiple cards etc? I think I carry about 8-10 cards including id, drivers license, credit cards and whatever, plus cash (no coins as they goinmy pocket), so would themedium wallet work with that?

I've seen the smallest and medium sized wallet in person but I thoughtstuffing my money in it at the store would've been a bitsketchy[85]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

small

edit: to put a finer point on it, the small fits in your backpocket. i gave the medium to a girl friend who was going to singapore for a year. i saw her after six months and the wallet had ballooned to ginourmous porportions. she probably had her desk in there it was crazy. literally she had her entire life, 5 different kinds of currency, passport, bathing suit, etc...

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• iSuck
          • Mar 2008

According to Atelier the small calf is $450 and the medium pig is $550.

Right now I am using a brown (real) croc Jil Sander wallet that I've had for about a year or so.

Somewhere in this thread however I thought I saw links to a Japanese store that had a great M.A.+grey leather that would be awesome.

Comment

• gerry
            • Feb 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

iSuck, it's an amazing wallet with beautiful construction, leather and overall execution... plus the leather smells really nice hehehe. Highly recommended if it is within your budget for a wallet.

[/quote]

[86] so true.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

that's kind of fucking insane to drop 5 bills on a wallet?! [76]
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

^ yes it is. It was crazy even when it was $350ish, but now the MA+ prices are just getting absolutely out of hand.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• iSuck
                  • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"]that's kind of fucking insane to drop 5 bills on a wallet?! [76]
                  [/quote]

The JS one I have was more than that; but, I guess the point is moot seeing it is an exotic and not calf.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

^ still.... you should see how much (little?)full hides cost compared to the price of the wallet. Doesn't matter HOW exotic the skin is. They're all making serious serious bank off of us.

Comment

• iSuck
                      • Mar 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]^ still.... you should see how much (little?)full hides cost compared to the price of the wallet. Doesn't matter HOW exotic the skin is. They're all making serious serious bank off of us.[/quote]

Well at least we're not also advertising for them w/ a monogram.

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]^ still.... you should see how much (little?) full hides cost compared to the price of the wallet. Doesn't matter HOW exotic the skin is. They're all making serious serious bank off of us.[/quote]

You would seriously laugh at the retail price when you find out what cost is on even the best italian leathers! lol

But let's face it, with MA+, we're paying for the craftsmanship and the exclusivity.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

^I'm paying for the claim that each wallet was made supple by a single teardrop from baby jesus. [86]

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

actually 5 bills for the wallet is sort of a steal considering you use it every day and its the most beautifully designed wallet i've ever handled. works out to be 1.36 dollars a day. also you tend to get a shitload of compliments on the thing which is nice.
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• dream
                              • Nov 2007

so, they increased the price by 100 bucks and did no improvements/changes to it? that sucks.

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

[quote user="Casius"]

[quote user="Chinorlz"]^ still.... you should see how much (little?) full hides cost compared to the price of the wallet. Doesn't matter HOW exotic the skin is. They're all making serious serious bank off of us.[/quote]

You would seriously laugh at the retail price when you find out what cost is on even the best italian leathers! lol

But let's face it, with MA+, we're paying for the craftsmanship and the exclusivity.

[/quote]

That's universal to designer clothing. No piece from any designer is "a good deal" in terms of materials, is it? In the case of the JS wallet mentioned before, there is some outsourced production house who probably sells the same items directly for far less while still making a profit. In the case of the M.A.+ wallet, you're paying for exclusivity without branding. In the case of the JS one, you pay for exclusivity with branding.

Maybe it's just me, but this doesn't seem to be a surprise or great secret. No one has ever pretended to me that designer jeans are somehow 45 times better than levi's or anything similar.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎