Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

[quote user="Faust"]

like i said, they don't want to alienate the american customer, so they'd rather take a profit margin hit than not sell at all. or so the article maintained.

[/quote]

I wish CCP and MA subscribed to this logic.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

/\ lol, my thoughts exactly!!!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

[quote user="Jochan3000"][quote user="xadam"]

That math doesn't make sense.

[/quote]

It certainly does. Although the luxury market is relatively indifferent to a raise in prices, as compared to less expensive brands, the decline in the collar currency has been quite substantial. Yet the average american consumer of luxury goods doesn't make more money and therefore the clothes being exported from Europe has to sell their stuff for less euros, since the american market is such a huge one. And yes that vill as Faust stated earlier create a market for European goods to be imported from the United States instead of being purchased in a European country. It is crazy, but that is the way it works.

[/quote]

That's certainly a justification for lower prices, but it's not an explanation for the bad math. [73]

Comment

• mortalveneer
          • Jan 2008

[quote user="xadam"]

That's certainly a justification for lower prices, but it's not an explanation for the bad math. [73]

[/quote]

It's not bad math. Viewed from a strictly static sense, they might not be making as much money as they possibly could, but that's not the "math problem" facing these companies. They view sales over multiple seasons, and maintaining a large clientele base and an elite public image within our country, at the cost of temporarily lower profits, is certainly a potential solution to the dynamic optimization these companies are attempting, i.e., the math problem they are trying to solve...

EDIT: this comes off as harsh or "i know more math than you"...neither was intended...I just spend five to seven days a week trying to understand optimal production decisions (among many other boring things) and so I lapsed into the rhetoric in which primarily exist...apologies...

I am not who you think I am

Comment

[quote user="mortalveneer"][quote user="xadam"]

[/quote]

It's not bad math. Viewed from a strictly static sense, they might not be making as much money as they possibly could, but that's not the "math problem" facing these companies. They view sales over multiple seasons, and maintaining a large clientele base and an elite public image within our country, at the cost of temporarily lower profits, is certainly a potential solution to the dynamic optimization these companies are attempting, i.e., the math problem they are trying to solve...

EDIT: this comes off as harsh or "i know more math than you"...neither was intended...I just spend five to seven days a week trying to understand optimal production decisions (among many other boring things) and so I lapsed into the rhetoric in which primarily exist...apologies...

[/quote]

My comment was basically a joke; I was simply reacting the idea that the cost of an item in usd is not a straight calculation of the cost in eur and the exchange rate.

Comment

• mortalveneer
              • Jan 2008

[quote user="xadam"][quote user="mortalveneer"][quote user="xadam"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My comment was basically a joke; I was simply reacting the idea that the cost of an item in usd is not a straight calculation of the cost in eur and the exchange rate.

[/quote]

ex-post, that is now obvious. I'm a fool...a day spent discussing econ after recovering from a midterm has left me without humor. To get this thread back on track, a fit pic of the MA+ leather...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

^Nice!

Very surprisingly non-leather for leather pants. I bet the texture is lovvvvvvvvelllyyyyy

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

[quote user="mortalveneer"][quote user="xadam"][quote user="mortalveneer"][quote user="xadam"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

ex-post, that is now obvious. I'm a fool...a day spent discussing econ after recovering from a midterm has left me without humor. To get this thread back on track, a fit pic of the MA+ leather...

[/quote]

Very nice my good man, very nice!! Glad to see you rocking those wicked pants on the waywt! The top looks familiar too. [66] Sorry, you know I had to comment. Seriously though, well paired. Looks phemomenal! [Y][Y]

BTW, how was the rest of your trip?

Originally posted by Faust
                  fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• mortalveneer
                    • Jan 2008

Trip was great, but exhausting. See a few selected pics in the bulletin board thread...

Thanks for the compliment...and now that you mention it, those boots should look familiar as well...guess I have Sartorialoft to thank for the whole outfit...
                    Keep bringing the goods David...:)

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

mortal, totally not out to diss you and applaud your bravery in buying leather pants online, but i have to honestly say they look too long for you. the bunching is just too much. especially because the pants hug the boots, if the pants were cut at the ankle base then the bunching would work, but the wrapping around the boots creates a line that need to extend through the legs...

btw your photos are really amazing.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                        • Jan 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]

mortal, totally not out to diss you and applaud your bravery in buying leather pants online, but i have to honestly say they look too long for you. the bunching is just too much. especially because the pants hug the boots, if the pants were cut at the ankle base then the bunching would work, but the wrapping around the boots creates a line that need to extend through the legs...

btw your photos are really amazing.

[/quote]

I've been thinking the length is too long as well. I have been contemplating altering them (and replacing the silver cross a little upwards in the analogous position). I know they're meant to stack, but when I wore them out, I cuffed them inwards about four inches, and that created about the length that was right for me (still with plenty of stacking). The benefit to this would be that I'd have two close to wallet-size pieces of MA+ leather to then play with (and possibly save myself $500 that the wallet costs).

Any opinions?

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

[quote user="mortalveneer"]

Any opinions? [/quote]

Definitely shorten them!

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• iSuck
                            • Mar 2008

So I checked out the small wallet today and I wasn't really that sure of it...until I saw it in a dark grey and a deep dark green color! I think I might go back to Atelier in a few weeks and check it out.

Also, they have a pair of dark grey leather slightly curved up toe side laced shoes that were AMAZING. However, at $1800 that is more than John Lobb or Vass MTM. Does anyone have factual evidence the amount of hand work/etc that go into M.A.+ shoes?

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

i had those "suture futures" on hold but let them go as they are steep...and i bet i would wear them exactly 4 times a year. didn't even have to RSG
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Serendipper
                                • Mar 2008

[quote user="mortalveneer"]

I've been thinking the length is too long as well. I have been contemplating altering them (and replacing the silver cross a little upwards in the analogous position). I know they're meant to stack, but when I wore them out, I cuffed them inwards about four inches, and that created about the length that was right for me (still with plenty of stacking). The benefit to this would be that I'd have two close to wallet-size pieces of MA+ leather to then play with (and possibly save myself $500 that the wallet costs).

Any opinions?

[/quote]

Great pants, and an equally great idea. I saw these and wondered how they looked worn. The colour is amazing! (not a huge MA+ fan either Faust, but these pants are dope)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎