• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

[quote user="iSuck"]

So I checked out the small wallet today and I wasn't really that sure of it...until I saw it in a dark grey and a deep dark green color! I think I might go back to Atelier in a few weeks and check it out.

Also, they have a pair of dark grey leather slightly curved up toe side laced shoes that were AMAZING. However, at $1800 that is more than John Lobb or Vass MTM. Does anyone have factual evidence the amount of hand work/etc that go into M.A.+ shoes?

[/quote]

Nope. Completely understand your apprehension.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="iSuck"]

So I checked out the small wallet today and I wasn't really that sure of it...until I saw it in a dark grey and a deep dark green color! I think I might go back to Atelier in a few weeks and check it out.

Also, they have a pair of dark grey leather slightly curved up toe side laced shoes that were AMAZING. However, at $1800 that is more than John Lobb or Vass MTM. Does anyone have factual evidence the amount of hand work/etc that go into M.A.+ shoes?

[/quote]

[/quote]

the craftsmanship and artistry of the 14 various MA+ articles I own and use frequently is superior and in all cases w/o faults, even w significant wear. it is of no real importance to know how many hours it takes to make the work.

suck, go for those shoes!! they are amazing, unlike any he has made before. i'm sure i will regret passing on it..A only got 4 and the edition is superlimited.

edit: later in the night drunk watching a burlesque dancer w the teaming males, i thought about this number and came to some conclusions which i will not share w you tonight.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• iSuck
          • Mar 2008

Yah, I would love to give them granted they have a 45 or 46.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

They may have a 45... a 46 I've not seen at A :)

Lovely lovely shoe. You won't be disappointed!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="iSuck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed with Faust. Except there's nothing like walking into John Lobb wearing CCP or M.A.+ with the smug self-satisfaction that the seemingly crude shoes you're wearing ran you nearly twice what the average JL does, whether the price is justified or not. And after looking at M.A.+ and Poell, more established high-end shoes just strike me as needlessly gaudy and polished. But I still want a pair of MTO Shannons from Edward Green.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]Agreed with Faust. Except there's nothing like walking into John Lobb wearing CCP or M.A.+ with the smug self-satisfaction that the seemingly crude shoes you're wearing ran you nearly twice what the average JL does, whether the price is justified or not. And after looking at M.A.+ and Poell, more established high-end shoes just strike me as needlessly gaudy and polished. But I still want a pair of MTO Shannons from Edward Green.

[/quote]

John Lobb boots start at 2300 pounds or so.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• iSuck
                  • Mar 2008

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]Agreed with Faust. Except there's nothing like walking into John Lobb wearing CCP or M.A.+ with the smug self-satisfaction that the seemingly crude shoes you're wearing ran you nearly twice what the average JL does, whether the price is justified or not. And after looking at M.A.+ and Poell, more established high-end shoes just strike me as needlessly gaudy and polished. But I still want a pair of MTO Shannons from Edward Green.

[/quote]

This can currently be accomplished with my Thom Browne wingtips.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

[quote user="theetruscan"][quote user="AKA*NYC"]Agreed with Faust. Except there's nothing like walking into John Lobb wearing CCP or M.A.+ with the smug self-satisfaction that the seemingly crude shoes you're wearing ran you nearly twice what the average JL does, whether the price is justified or not. And after looking at M.A.+ and Poell, more established high-end shoes just strike me as needlessly gaudy and polished. But I still want a pair of MTO Shannons from Edward Green.

[/quote]

John Lobb boots start at 2300 pounds or so.

[/quote]

I guess it depends on which John Lobb you're referring to. The bespoke boots (from John Lobb, Bootmaker in London) do command these prices. But the ready-to-wear boots (from John Lobb, Inc., owned and operated by Hermes) retail for around $1500. I had the latter in mind.

EDIT: Here I should add that with a few exceptions (such as the shoes that Fuuma purchased) I think JLs are gaudy. Well-constructed or not, they pale in personality when compared with C-Diem, Poell, M.A.+, etc.

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]

I guess it depends on which John Lobb you're referring to. The bespoke boots (from John Lobb, Bootmaker in London) do command these prices. But the ready-to-wear boots (from John Lobb, Inc., owned and operated by Hermes) retail for around $1500. I had the latter in mind.

[/quote]

Ah, right, I forgot. The boots you showed are almost certainly only available bespoke. I have a pair of very dressy boots on order from JL Ltd./Bootmaker, and the price was . . . shocking.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

[quote user="theetruscan"][quote user="AKA*NYC"]

[/quote]

Ah, right, I forgot. The boots you showed are almost certainly only available bespoke. I have a pair of very dressy boots on order from JL Ltd./Bootmaker, and the price was . . . shocking.

[/quote]

Now that's straight up balling! Be sure to post those bad boys. Ignore the edit I put above because that pertains to JL, Inc.

Comment

• what_counts
                          • Mar 2008

kinda new here i had a few questions about the aviator zip ups, i've read a few conflicting posts about the sizing do they run big or small or true to size? also where would be the best place to buy one i've found a few but i'm kinda new to ordering from Japanese websites

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Welcome!

The current season ones seem to fit true to size from what everyone has been saying.

The first season one... a bit crazy. I'm a US 50 and my aviator is a 46. I'd say you could size down 1 and still layer comfortably if you can come across a first season one.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• what_counts
                              • Mar 2008

thank you very much, i'm still saving some cash but what would you say is a good place to buy one in maybe a 44-46 the only place i've found is selectshopcore which is in japanese and minddrive has something that looks like it but i'm not 100% sure it its the aviator zip up or a similar jacket

I'm quite interested in this brand and i'm looking forward to the next season from what i've seen so far i'm very impressed

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

mindtrive to my knowledge has the new aviator.

on a side note, I'm quite certain that store will kill me when I go there [79]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎