X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

i hate the use of zippers on any of continues and company's jackets. ruins everything.

Comment

• deuxmille
      • Nov 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

MA+ canvas/leather bag. I love the leather strip that is the zipper pull.... too bad the all leather travel bag isn't cheaper at A. It's awesome.

While looking at the Linea pieces this weekend at A, I noticed that the Linea pants have a striking similarity in clasp design and minimalist design to Amadei's leather pants on the first page of this thread. I thought I had read somewhere a while ago that Amadei had a big hand in Linea production and design?

[/quote]

Ha, that's the bag I keep talking about, I love it. That version is around 1000$ here, how much is it in the states?

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Oh it's from a japanese auction. I didn't put together that this was what you were referring to!

I have not seen it in the states.

At Atelier they have only the super large wallets in (two), the leather travel bag, the super large accordioned duffle, the small accordioned circular purse thing, and the saddlebag.

I'm waiting on some sweet belts!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• deuxmille
          • Nov 2006

^
          I love all the ma+ but at the japanese retail, it's a bit expensive for a 19 year old dropout/fugitive, to my great despair. I've seen the rectangular bag you posted in canvas and leather in two size (the one you posted is very large). They also have the folded wallets in white, red and black and a very cool bean shaped leather bag. Haven't seen the belts though, I'm very curious.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Haha, yeah I think MA+ at ANY retail is a bit expensive for just about anyone who wants it. $700 belts are quite a big hit.

Just go back a page or two for the belt photos!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Checked out the page where the photos are from and here are some Japanese price points (in approx. US dollars) for what Faust posted up:

Belt- $500

Black accordion bag- $1800

Suede hip pack- $875 (surprising!)

Tees- $400

Sleeveless hoodie (it's pretty... lame)- $1500

Black "linea" leather jacket- $3300

Colored leather jacket (*pukes*)- $4400

Blue/Purple fabric jacket- $2000

Brown leather jacket $3000

I'm kinda meh about this Amadei stuff after digesting a bit on it. We'll see what it's like in stores.

Another line (reads to be either Berlin based or originally presented in Berlin) that is an offshoot of Carpe Diem is coming out called Lument et Umbra. Lower price points that Carpe and the other offshoots, but only by a little bit. Nothing amazingly innovative or mind blowing...

www.mattotti.co.jp has photos and such.

Comment

• deuxmille
                • Nov 2006

^
                Those prices aren't the real retail price in Japan. The belts for the new season are around 300$ so I assume all the other prices are inflated too.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Hmm, then what are the prices that Mattotti has listed for the items? Projected prices? I just went by what was posted on their site.

I'm really surprised to hear the new belts will only be $300. Espcially since the superskinny basic one from last season in japan (on Salone) is near that price.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Re: + (amadei formerly at cdiem)

There was a blurb about MA+ in the current issue of Surface magazine. Nothing major, just about his fascination with leather. There was a few pix, but nothing we haven't seen.

BTW, if you guys want to inquire anything, his email is maurizioamadei@tiscli.it

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Re: + (amadei formerly at cdiem)

We should ask him why he made that godawful blue/green leather jacket that looks like something straight from hell....

I'd love to see what his take on gloves, hats, scarves would be. He could probably come up with something really amazing!

Knowing that Poell made that leather knit sweater (and a kangaroo leather knit scarf i think), I bet some knit leather headwear or leather knit fingerless mittens a la Carpe Diem would be amazing.

Hmm.... I wonder if you can get thin enough leather string to do this with....

another project?

on a side note, I was watching a travel channel show on Morocco last night and a lot of the natives wear some very Carpe type clothes. They even did a feature on a store that sold hand dyed, hand tanned leather pieces. I bet they would make anything you want for dirt ass cheap and it'd be just stunning!

Comment

• deuxmille
                        • Nov 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Hmm, then what are the prices that Mattotti has listed for the items? Projected prices? I just went by what was posted on their site.

I'm really surprised to hear the new belts will only be $300. Espcially since the superskinny basic one from last season in japan (on Salone) is near that price.

[/quote]

I'm getting those prices straight from my friend who buys for a store here in Tokyo.

He's coming up with footwear for next fall too.

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Anyone know if those wallets are still available somewhere? And also how much they retail for?
                          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Anyone know if those wallets are still available somewhere? And also how much they retail for?[/quote]

A should still have the big ones. They are some crazy price, like $450 IIRC. Albert would know better.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
                              • Nov 2006

All sizes are still available in Tokyo, but the prices are worse than in the states.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Casius, it's a beautiful wallet, great concept, great design but I'll be absolutely honest with you... it's not worth the money.

In the states at Atelier expect to pay about $300 for it (the small, pocket sized one, not the extra large ones they still have now).

It's literally 3 pieces of leather and heavy duty string/thread.

I've drawn out the pattern for the wallet here and you can find detailed shots of the wallet on this thread or just message me and I can forward you the e-mail with photos I've taken of my wallet.

You're paying more for the concept than for the wallet's construction. Although the leather is the best I've ever seen/handled, you can find something comparable for sure. This would be a short afternoon project and cost you $30-50 if you bought some superb leather. Then you'd have $270-250 to spend on something else too!

I don't normally suggest DIY alternatives but this is a case where it's absolutely do-able. There is practically no reason to get the MA+ one. Even though I love it, and it's in my back pocket right now, I do wish that I had just made my own.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎