Page 5 of 147 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: m.a+ (Maurizio Amadei)

Default Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

[quote user="Buckwheat"]

from honeyee.com

[/quote]

Both of those pieces are being sold at www.barneys.co.jp as bizarre as that is. Prices are NOT low!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

yes I think that's where they got their pictures from.

Is it just me, or is anyone else unimpressed with the MA+ clothing. I
    love the bags and I have no doubt the materials used are amazing, but
    the clothing itself does not seem that special to me (in terms of
    cut/look). I mean, out of all the items I have seen, the one I like the
    best is the t-shirt with the red + that is at the meeting point of the various pieces of fabric. Also, the colors are not that nice, in my opinion, especially the blues, and even more especially the turquoise. Is there something I am missing about these garments?

[quote user="kucejoe"]Is it just me, or is anyone else unimpressed with the MA+ clothing. I
    love the bags and I have no doubt the materials used are amazing, but
    the clothing itself does not seem that special to me (in terms of
    cut/look). I mean, out of all the items I have seen, the one I like the
    best is the t-shirt with the red + that is at the meeting point of the various pieces of fabric. Also, the colors are not that nice, in my opinion, especially the blues, and even more especially the turquoise. Is there something I am missing about these garments?
    [/quote]

I get a similar feeling by looking at the pictures. The final test will be seeing this in person.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

My favorite items in the MA+ line are definitely the leather bags. I have yet to see a bag I would fiend for as much as the large horse leather bag. The clothing is 'okay' with the tees being my more favorite items.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

I have to agree. The majority of the clothes are NOT that amazing to me. It's disappointing because I was really looking forward to seeing what one of the halves involved with Linea could come up with.

His accessories are where his strength lies although there are a few outerwear pieces that are kick ass. I just saw a leather jacket that was almost precisely THE Linea leather jacket. Beautiful construction.

This is almost the same to Linea leather shirts too:

Twisting sleeve seams and all. Really beautiful. I love how the stitchwork finishes with some white on the inside at the upper neck. Hope I get a chance to try some of this stuff on and see more photos of it as well!

I really love the saddle bag. Didn't know it could be worn around the waist as a belt! Brings a whole new dynamic to that piece! There is that piece this season that can be worn the same way.... the off white one with the zipper and the complex stitchwork. It's a tempting little fellow :)

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

[quote user="Honey~Blade"]I remember runner telling me, Amadei will produce footwear for the upcoming winter collection. Has anyone heard of this too?[/quote]

Yes, he will.

Some more images from Spring 07 (thanks to Runner)
    I've always loved the cross tees, very unique and the sleeveless hoody is great!

/\
    The tees are cool, they're all made from one piece of fabric. They're not nice enough to be worth 400$ or so IMO.

[quote user="deuxmille"]/\
    The tees are cool, they're all made from one piece of fabric. They're not nice enough to be worth 400$ or so IMO.
    [/quote]

When you say "one piece of fabric" what do you exactly mean by that? I've never seen the shirts in person and all the pics online don't really have great detail shots, so I'm rather curious.

Also, $400 is a little crazy.

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="deuxmille"]/\
    [/quote]

When you say "one piece of fabric" what do you exactly mean by that? I've never seen the shirts in person and all the pics online don't really have great detail shots, so I'm rather curious.

[/quote]

I think he means just that, the tees are constructed of a single piece of fabric, and appear from here to be sewn togeher such that the edges wrapped around meet at the chest in the cross-shape.

[quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="Casius"][quote user="deuxmille"]/\
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I think he means just that, the tees are constructed of a single piece of fabric, and appear from here to be sewn togeher such that the edges wrapped around meet at the chest in the cross-shape.[/quote]

Ah ha, now I feel like an idiot. But thanks for clearing that up, because now it makes a whole helleva lot more sense!

Found a few more detailed pics and also some more pics of the pants.

^ wow this stuff looks fantastic on that guy. I like those pants he's wearing.

Oh man, those pants look great. The straight legged ones are soooo nice! I wonder what the price points are as they look to be exactly what I'm looking for in terms of some versatile dress up/dress down black/dark gray pants!

Beautiful photos Casius. Props!

I have to say, I am not really digging most of the clothes. I like the bags a lot, bu the clothes (except the hooded jacket) is rather uninteresting (and farking expensive)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Dare I ask how much the pants will run about? $1000ish I'm guessing haha

I agree with you, the leathers and such have the most detail to them. For some reason, that belt that the guy is wearing (the one where a metal bar is put in as a spacer in the split leather to make the buckle) really rubs me the wrong way. I get this gut reaction of "ew." when I see it hahaha

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Dare I ask how much the pants will run about? $1000ish I'm guessing haha

I agree with you, the leathers and such have the most detail to them. For some reason, that belt that the guy is wearing (the one where a metal bar is put in as a spacer in the split leather to make the buckle) really rubs me the wrong way. I get this gut reaction of "ew." when I see it hahaha

[/quote]

Yea, they are running about a $1,000. *ouch*
    There was a leather bag I saw that was actually reasonable (for + that is) at $700, perfect size too! I'll post it up in a sec.

[quote user="Faust"]I have to say, I am not really digging most of the clothes. I like the bags a lot, bu the clothes (except the hooded jacket) is rather uninteresting (and farking expensive)
    [/quote]

i think for the price that MA+ commands, i agree that the designs do not warrant the price. however, ignoring the price, i could definitely see myself wearing all of those pieces, especially the pants!

Did you get and like the larger dick?

This is the bag; I really like the simplicity of it and the size.