X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

It's like a linen condom on your skin...Hard to put on and take off but once you have it on, it's smooth sailing.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

it's got a soft almost felt like interior. Amadei fused a felt-like lining to the outer rougher cotton/linen exterior.

.. at the same time don't wear it shirtless. It's so low in the front that it's just.... trashy sans tee hahahaha

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• matthewhk
        • Jan 2007

Amadei stuff is sexy. But a question to those who wear the pants: Where do you keep your wallet, cellphone, etc. in? Probably a rhetorical question since most of you have the bag as well...but for someone who is used to keeping that stuff in pants pocket, doesn't seem so in line with the design aesthetic.

Comment

• iSuck
          • Mar 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

it's got a soft almost felt like interior. Amadei fused a felt-like lining to the outer rougher cotton/linen exterior.

.. at the same time don't wear it shirtless. It's so low in the front that it's just.... trashy sans tee hahahaha

[/quote]

Yes I'm not Tom Ford; but, I was thinking too about my arms.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

hehehe.

Yeah I just wear tees under it. You'll be just fine!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]

Pip.. yes.. Assin is highway robbery..

I feel bad for Belinda.. the SA works in there totally know what they are talking about. .and their CCP buy was amazing.. so was Rick Owens, Raf and Helmut Lang.. totally great.. but somehow.. I guess the aussies could careless spend that much on cloth.. I remmeber I took my friend to there once.. he just commented on how amazing the cut and fabric was for a Helmut Lang suits.. but whe he looked the tag.. like 1400AUD.. he rolled his eyes.. and said.. as if anyone would pay that much.. I was silence after his comment, deep down inside I knew that if I had the money(that was like 8 years ago) I would... ...

[/quote]

I can only agree. The unfortunate truth is that for menswear in Sydney, the market for those kind of clothes is simply too small. The climate isn't very conducive, nor is the extremely laid-back culture or the very relaxed attitudes towards sartorial standards. A good lot of the more 'fashion forward' slightly older men (read: those that can afford it) also seem to be stuck in the 90's Tom Ford style of sex & glamour.

It was such a same to see Belinda close. I guess the prices they charged didn't help - the markup was considerable, and it often was cheaper to buy overseas, or online. Apart from the ones mentioned, the only other semi decent store is Robby Ingham, but they have more of an English sensibility than anything else (MMM, Dries, Paul Smith).

I am yet to visit EM or Left - perhaps I should make that trip down to Melb!

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• matthewhk
                • Jan 2007

yeah i was wondering about that...Avantster i notice you seem to be into some of the same designers I am, but where do you normally purchase your clothes? Yahoo Japan? Doesn't seem like a lot of the stuff you wear would be carried in abundance down under.

Comment

• Avantster
                  ¤¤¤
                  • Sep 2006

Matt, I used to buy mostly when I was overseas. Being a smaller size, places here would often have sizes that are too large, anyway! Otherwise, I'd buy online during sales, and from time to time on ebay and Y! when the right piece pops up at the right price. I find myself increasingly turning to the secondary market. (being a similar size to les/still also helps). Retail these days is just not worth it, unless it's a holy grail piece.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

^ I agree that sizing is one of the biggest problems with shopping locally. most stockists here simply don't stock XS and the good pieces in small sell through within the first few days of arrivals, so you really need to get to know the SAs.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

[quote user="matthewhk"]Amadei stuff is sexy. But a question to those who wear the pants: Where do you keep your wallet, cellphone, etc. in? Probably a rhetorical question since most of you have the bag as well...but for someone who is used to keeping that stuff in pants pocket, doesn't seem so in line with the design aesthetic.
                      [/quote]

buy the best pants ever. the five pocket pants dude.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

The 5 pocket pants have a back pocket to my understanding. It may only be 1/2 deep but there is indeed a pocket to throw your fat wallet in!

Or... you can tuck a credit card, drivers license and your house key into your sock/boot and be done with it Western Style!

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

two back pockets. enough space to put your small size MA+ wallet perfectly in.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

PM sent that shit matt!! Return to Isetan/Shinjuku/Deathstrike Revolution/Amazing Penis/some other weird named japanese store and buy a pair!

I want them... but I will patiently wait until a size 48-50 (don't they run large this season? I thought Satoru told me that... or I may just be smokin the rocks) shows up somewhere at below retail :(

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

they run true to size.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

ach so!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎