• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

[quote user="xadam"]

[quote user="justine"][quote user="Chinorlz"]That being said, I'm 100% certain you could do this look with existing pieces in your wardrobe and I'm quite certain you paid 1/4 the asking price that Amadei demands. [/quote]I keep hearing about MA prices, but I haven't had a chance to check out how bad it is, what's the price on this sweater is to give me an idea?[/quote]

i think the sweaters are 1400, he's trying to maintain parity with luc, or is that the price that a has decided we will pay for sweaters this season?

[/quote]

Goddamn... and I thought I was being generous!

Fuck, the skinny belts used to be $225 each. You can't get ANYTHING MA+ for $225 anymore.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

i heard they're selling the canvas garment bags for 199.99, but they're totally worth it, they have some red highlights.

or maybe you could pry one of the staples off the ma+++++++++ belt and buy it for like a hundy, it would improve the look of the belt so they might be ok with it.

Comment

• soultek
        • Feb 2007

[quote user="xadam"]

i think the sweaters are 1400, he's trying to maintain parity with luc, or is that the price that a has decided we will pay for sweaters this season?

[/quote]

This is correct. The 'hand' of these sweaters is incredible. They feel like a high count multi ply cashmere. You get sort of the sense of it from the closeup A pics. Sort of like a cashmere twill. The backside is like a bonded cotton material. Needless to say, I was afraid to try it on.

Many folks have commented on how the sweater is pretty normal and you can get an equivalent cheaper. I disagree with this statement, I couldn't stop touching it when I was in the store.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

I'm ballparking $800-900 for this season for that piece... considering the aviator is now at $2200 up from $1400 last season (oh, sorry... it's a "new" fabric $$$ blend this time).

It's definitely on par with CCP et al. in general Justine.

[/quote]

fixed your typo

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"][quote user="xadam"]

[quote user="justine"][quote user="Chinorlz"]That being said, I'm 100% certain you could do this look with existing pieces in your wardrobe and I'm quite certain you paid 1/4 the asking price that Amadei demands. [/quote]I keep hearing about MA prices, but I haven't had a chance to check out how bad it is, what's the price on this sweater is to give me an idea?[/quote]

[/quote]

Goddamn... and I thought I was being generous!

Fuck, the skinny belts used to be $225 each. You can't get ANYTHING MA+ for $225 anymore.

[/quote]

Wrong. You can tattoo M.A.+ on your arm for even less than that.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="xadam"]

i heard they're selling the canvas garment bags for 199.99, but they're totally worth it, they have some red highlights.

or maybe you could pry one of the staples off the ma+++++++++ belt and buy it for like a hundy, it would improve the look of the belt so they might be ok with it.

[/quote]

hehehe

I heard that if you open your (accordion of course) wallet up to Amadei, he'll reach in, pluck out two benjamins, a jackson and a lincoln, then shit into said wallet, cut two pieces of red thread, let them slowly drift down onto the steaming grogan and then shake your hand and say merci.... then point out that the whole thing is reversible and trans-seasonal.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

albert,

i believe the grey sweater is 1600 something close to
                1700, i remember thinking fuck of course the one thing i like is close
                to 300 more than the 1400 LUC sweater i couldn't ever in my life
                justify buying at that price. however, goddamit, theres some flying
                turd in the back of my mind which keeps telling to get the MA. fuck
                that flying turd.

its seems, Ma+ is like the mega maid, only the process has yet to be reversed

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]That being said, I'm 100% certain you could do this look with existing pieces in your wardrobe and I'm quite certain you paid 1/4 the asking price that Amadei demands.[/quote]

yea for sure, its a very simple outfit, but nice.

maldoror: A actually hasthe crew collar version as well.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

LUDICROUS PRICING NOW!

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• maldoror
                      • Jun 2007

[quote user="justine"][quote user="Chinorlz"]That being said, I'm 100% certain you could do this look with existing pieces in your wardrobe and I'm quite certain you paid 1/4 the asking price that Amadei demands.[/quote]I keep hearing about MA prices, but I haven't had a chance to check out how bad it is, what's the price on this sweater is to give me an idea?[/quote]

$16xx (70? 90? can't remember exactly)

EDIT: shit, pnod beat me to it. need to remember to read the whole thread before I post [:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$][:$] AHHHHHHHQ!@!

Comment

• maldoror
                        • Jun 2007

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

maldoror: A actually hasthe crew collar version as well.

[/quote]

my bad[:$]

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

that sweater is more expensive than my luc trench, although mine is made out of inferior cotton.

however, if you're ballin, it's a dope sweater.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

LUDICROUS PRICING NOW!

[/quote]

OMG she's gone from suck to blow!

Comment

• justine
                              • Jan 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

that sweater is more expensive than my luc trench, although mine is made out of inferior cotton.

[/quote]That sweater is basically slightly less than some very nice rick o leather for women (fall winter)...methinks i'm going to get a nice gift for the gf instead

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

[quote user="justine"][quote user="ddohnggo"]

[/quote]That sweater is basically slightly less than some very nice rick o leather for women (fall winter)...methinks i'm going to get a nice gift for the gf instead[/quote]

OMG she's gone from suck to blow!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎