Page 8 of 147 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: m.a+ (Maurizio Amadei)

Default Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

Thanks Albert! I know... it's definitely been awhile. Finally found those Carpe Diems (thanks Scott)... which I have to hit you up about.

But back to the subject...

merz... Definitely give Bilzerian a call; the SA's are extremely friendly and helpful. The same associate that Joey is talking about actually called me last week also about new shipments that I may get excited over. I'm assuming he was talking about the long coat, as well. Great people.

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Wow the new leather shirt version is niiiiice. Love the cuffs and collar.

The cut to fit idea is very attractive but Amadei uses an overlock closure stitch at least on the aviator jacket and thus renders it impossible to cut without some heavy restitching being done. He also places the signature silver + right on the left cuff so you'd lose it if you cut the sleeves... that being said, folding the cuffs up doesn't really look bad at all either :)

PS- great to see ya back on here Lance!

[/quote]

Just slap two jumbo staples on that bad boy, and you'll be good to go!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

Wow the new leather shirt version is niiiiice. Love the cuffs and collar.

The cut to fit idea is very attractive but Amadei uses an overlock closure stitch at least on the aviator jacket and thus renders it impossible to cut without some heavy restitching being done. He also places the signature silver + right on the left cuff so you'd lose it if you cut the sleeves... that being said, folding the cuffs up doesn't really look bad at all either :)

PS- great to see ya back on here Lance!

[/quote]

Just slap two jumbo staples on that bad boy, and you'll be good to go!

[/quote]

Hahahaha, you know... I've considered that for making "ma+" items hahahaha

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

[quote user="merz"]

talked to matthew - he seemed genuinely excited talking about this stuff. very knowledgeble and helpful. thing is, it seems minorityrev over in fukuoka has a version of this coat (a kind of greyish mottled rugweave material) that seems to be 3/4 length, which is a hell of a lot more practical and i suppose runs alittle cheaper as well. thats what i'm looking for. thats also what nobody seems to have besides.

anyhow, i realised i actually had a friend of mine living in fukuoka. so i might just send them to minorityrev for a pickup. they're fairly certain to have a 44 as well.

[/quote]

That sounds like a sure way to get it and I'm sure you're right that they have a 44!
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

You so often end up not getting an item because it is rare and even rarer in a 44 that when there is something you really like available, you should definitely jump on it (and post pictures).
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

[quote user="winQ"]^ I was never a fan of the M.A+ leather shirts until I saw that.. holy moly. What a difference a different model can make.
    [/quote]

It looks interesting on the rack but the high collar, fitted, plain shoulders and conic opening (shaped like this / \) make it a typical shorter version of the A-shaped and indeed feminine form, accentuating the middle (hips) and visually making the shoulders smaller. It could possibly work on a muscular person but I?d advise anyone else to stay away from it. Lanvin has a mid length coat this season that much more successfully plays in this shape (the bottom of the A is around the knees), I wonder if anyone can find more menswear examples.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

i think you'd have to be narrow also - if you have a wider frame the A shape will just make you look even wider in my experience

i love this brand, just can't afford it. btw, the last few leathers look AMAZING. here's a small pic of one of the leather jackets from S/S 07, and a pic of one of the F/W 07/08 boots, alongside some beautiful pieces lying in the showroom.

pic courtesy of Les Plus (+++) and boutiqueW. as was said earlier, Salone has the Wishbone belts on sale for 29,400 yen. somebody pick these up!

So I've been talking with eastern market for a little bit now and Stephen over there has been nothing but excellent! He sent me this email last night that I just have to share a part with you guys, sounds very exciting...

"But perhaps beyond the beyond was Maurizio Altieri's Avantindietro collection, shown on the dirty banks of the Canal St. Martin - invitation by mobile phone call only; all garments hung on a modest string line, amidst the graffiti, trash and encroaching beggars. To show this way he drove from Perugia to Paris in a customised Landrover LWB truck - I've got a similar ex-Australian-army model here - and I tell you kudos is his for doing it this anti-catwalk way. It was a stunning collection, an amazing experience. Yes I have photos, no I'm not showing you.

Altieri's was the most out-there we've seen - way beyond the standard Carpe Diem fare. He created an entire collection that showed no stitching, no real seams, no straight seams - it was all curved and anatomical, almost surgical, but somehow earthy and human all at once. His computer-designed anatomical drawings for the garments were the most beautiful/futuristic we have ever seen - the real prototype garments and shoes were art-povera meets the future of clothing. We're very much hoping he gets the collection into production and can deliver sometime (he goes by his own creed now: no time, no season, no stress...) - his has been a rocky, uncompromising road and we have real faith in him as a true artist. For us, who are well-familiar with all the Carpe Diem off-shoots, including MA+ who we really admire, we just thought Altieri's collection defined him as the major thinker in fashion, certainly on a par with Carol. Watch this very interesting space."

Sounds like MA's new collection could be amazing! Let's hope he kicks it into production sometime soon...

/\ Don't show this to Albert - he needs to pay rent and tuition now. You will bring him to financial ruin! :-)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Haha, yea, I think you're right. Albert, start driving down to Mexico and doing some underground surgerys for some extra dough! [:O]

Too late....

damn, he really made that collection sound like something completely amazing. I try to challenge myself and visualize what he's describing and I just hope it's something that is true to the description given. My one sartoria piece is just pure genius and I hope that Altieri has pushed even beyond that into a realm we couldn't even dream possible.

...I have to say that the "yes I have photos, no I won't show them to you" statement comes across a bit asshole-y.

But c'est la vie. There is a(n) (unfortunate) amount of superiority complex that surrounds some of these brands and those with access in the retail forum it seem... it can't be all good it seems.

The CCP fencing jacket is making me absolutely drool. Look for some pieces on the sale forum here this evening hehehe!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

I think he was just teasing in the email to me, he's a very nice guy! (I think the owner of the shop..) He'll probably be able to provide photos once he knows when/if the line is to be produced. It certainly does sound like a great collection though and the non-catwalk-like approach sounds like what Carol did with his river floating show. I'm sure the prices will be exorbant, so at least there's some time to save up eh? :)

P.S. Yea the fencing jacket is unbelievable.

agent l said that his s/s fencing jacket was practically the same as the new ones for this winter.

stupid question, but is it pronounced m.a PLUS or m.a CROSS?
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Pronounced: M A Plus
    "Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

[quote user="merz"]albert, what are the differences - so far as you're able to tell - between the spring/summer fencing jacket and the ones we've got for the winter season? I believe some person off of our forums had the s/s one as well, and the jacket was well-documented in this thread before he pulled an emoragequit? Since i'm going through the library service on this it seems i've a selection of past seasons to choose from..i sort of liked the fit of the spring/summer one better from what i saw..
    [/quote]

Two key ones: Thicker leather and black instead of the gray/green. It makes me want the current fencing SOOOOOOOOOO badly! I need to make it work somehow. I need one. Even if it is my only purchase this season.

The fit should be about the same. Carol holds pretty true in terms of his cut. It's just the tagged sizing that can differ somewhat from season to season....

the pronunciation is "m a cross".

if I remember rightly, in the first place it comes from the simplest signature, cross.

if you take it as "m across", it's on the other side.......
    through to the other side to find something
    which goes with the original (cdiem) spirit of going deeply into research to reach a new product.

i used to pronounce it "m. a. plus", but taking cue from the websites i've seen, i believe it is "m. a. cross". ^ similarly, i just say maurizio amadei.

----------------------------------------------
    some really crushed bags for f/w

interesting presentation. reminiscent of a familiar LUC display. pics from boutiqueW

I really, really want the bag in the second picture on the left...wow. It's nice and simple yet just enough 'roughness' to it. Thanks for the pics Kev.

Gorgeous bags - thanks, Kevin.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine