Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jon
    • Apr 2008

I currently feel Amadei is following, rather than leading. His pieces are, and always have been, strikingly high quality and well-made but as far as the style of what he's doing goes: it feels like he's either doing his own take on himself or some other design we've seen before...

His strength - I think - lies in his ability to make well-crafted accessories that are appealling on a variety of levels through the choice of materials and its artisinal nature.
    Originally posted by merz
    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• reborn
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      I currently feel Amadei is following, rather than leading. His pieces are, and always have been, strikingly high quality and well-made but as far as the style of what he's doing goes: it feels like he's either doing his own take on himself or some other design we've seen before...

His strength - I think - lies in his ability to make well-crafted accessories that are appealling on a variety of levels through the choice of materials and its artisinal nature.
      I think it's also a symptom of not working in the mainstream. He is basically refining and refining his aesthetic (kind of like an iterative approach to perfection). Fortunately, he has a strong design point of view which lends for his approach.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

I agree with points of Jon and Reborn. MA+'s accessories have pretty much been on point (many more hits than misses with the accordion bag becoming practically a SZ staple of sorts haha) but the clothes at least this season and next thus far leave something to be desired.

Carol also refines his style but it feels like theres something MORE in his evolution whereas for Amadei, the "refining" comes across as a replay of the same thing we see each season. Maybe it's a consequence of the minimalistic nature of his designs?

funny though, in my mind, although Rick puts out a lot of the "same" pieces every season I don't feel like he's stagnanting at all but for Amadei I do.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

hmm..those pants have been done recently by another designer he worked alongside a few years back. Amadei's is a bit more exaggerated (not by much), but close enough to being identical. Has he hired designers to whom he is giving more control to at the creative helm? I have to say that they actually look really good in motion. I liked them enough to snag a pair, but I'd like to know what thoughts everyone else has of them.
          Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
          small bag. look at those drop crotch

Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

David, I gotta separate myself from the pack and say that I've yet to "get" the drop crotch fenom. I understand sarouels in the cultural/traditional sense but the reinvention/reapplication of them hasn't worked for me really. It definitely elongates the torso in terms of the look, but the lower half of your body suffers in my opinion.

...then again, it's the Gladware to the SZ approved Saran Wrap ;)
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

i'm not 100% sure if those dropped crotch pants are from amadei. although i did hear that he did them fairly recently.
              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• uparmoured
                • Sep 2007

Just saw some of the current FW season... Strappy and long floppy boots, jacket in that blue checked material, other jackets, pants, holey leather scarf, leather gauntlets, bags and accessories...

Overall a pretty decent buy but nothing that made me do the double take... I did not try anything on so I can't speak for the fit...
                FS: M.A+
                FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• uparmoured
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                  hmm..those pants have been done recently by another designer he worked alongside a few years back. Amadei's is a bit more exaggerated (not by much), but close enough to being identical. Has he hired designers to whom he is giving more control to at the creative helm? I have to say that they actually look really good in motion. I liked them enough to snag a pair, but I'd like to know what thoughts everyone else has of them.

This outfit was used when modeling a variety of bags so I think that there is a high chance that these are not m.a+ pants... but I could be wrong...
                  FS: M.A+
                  FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    David, I gotta separate myself from the pack and say that I've yet to "get" the drop crotch fenom. I understand sarouels in the cultural/traditional sense but the reinvention/reapplication of them hasn't worked for me really. It definitely elongates the torso in terms of the look, but the lower half of your body suffers in my opinion.

...then again, it's the Gladware to the SZ approved Saran Wrap ;)
                    I hear you Albert. I definitely feel the same way everytime I see a friend of mine rocking his CdGs. The reason I snagged the pair similar to those shown was because their drop crotch, yet when in motion, they looked like regular inseam set pants. I'm not sure if I was hallucinating or what, but they won me over that day. Have yet to receive them so I may very well be and thinking wtf was I thinking when they finally come in...haha

Sartorialoft

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                      i'm not 100% sure if those dropped crotch pants are from amadei.
                      Originally posted by uparmoured View Post
                      http://v.renne.itigo.jp/
                      there is a high chance that these are not m.a+ pants...
                      I think you guys are right. After viewing the other pics, they look more and more like the pair I picked up. Who knows?

...and thanks for the link.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• maldoror
                        • Jun 2007

Does anyone have images of the green M.A+ pants that Atelier used to have in, I think, S/S 07 (or whichever was the first season they picked the line up)? There used to be some on the atelier website, but they were removed before I thought to download them. These pants are def HG material for me, and it would be great to have a reference image to aid the search. Thanks!

Comment

• jcotteri
                          • Jun 2008

announcing a new stockist.

M.A+ from SS09 at Zekka IN perth, Western Australia..
                          WTB: This

Comment

• Tiger
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2006

those pants in the photos might actually be m.a+ ss09 - the fit, the cut and fabric seems to be quite similar.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• asho
                                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
                                announcing a new stockist.

M.A+ from SS09 at Zekka IN perth, Western Australia..
                                When will someone from Sydney get on board? If there is a market in Perth there must be one in Sydney...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎