Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skecr8r_l8r
    • Apr 2007

Hm, I don't know. If I cared about presentation and the like I would go to Louis Vuitton or Dolce & Gabbana or some other brand that spend all their money and time on marketing and lookbooks in fancy wrapping. I don't mind if he lets people take pictures of him - I would think that not being photographed is a smarter advertizing move.
    I look at the clothes in person and then decide whether I like it or not.
    And why are you calling him a pedo, any warrant in that?

Comment

• snafu
      • Apr 2008

wow not sure if this beats comme for me but this is sooo good

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I cant really cosign on the lookbook/presentation rant either.. I mean if he wanted to, I'm sure he'd have a lookbook available, but he clearly doesn't. if he rather shows his collections in a small apartment showroom, why not? I see the point in it, it gives a much more personal impression and has a more intimate feeling.

all images that are going around of the collections are pretty much from store blogs and websites, not put out by m.a+. so he lets buyers shoot the clothes, also on himself which I dont find in any way offensive...?

the model.. well at least hes not wearing hammocks this time around
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Thanks for the pics.
          White shirt with diagonal buttoning looks interesting. The white lace ups are also intriguing in a cardboard cut-out kind of way.
          Not a fan of the pants, though.

Can't agree with the lookbook rant either. To me Maurizio is a designer who is more interested in the garment itself rather than presenting a total 'look' or style. He is concerned with taking each piece and subtly elevating it as close to the point of perfection as possible by use of construction techniques and fabric choice. Most of these subtleties are only apparent when seeing the clothes in person, and perhaps this is why he doesn't produce lookbooks or presentations. Sure, it may be frustrating for people like me with less access to his wares, but I don't blame him for it.

Perhaps some of this will become apparent in the upcoming interview on scoute :-)
          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
            more poppa+ ss:

Looks like Amadei spent some time on Tatooine. Thanks for posting A!
            Last edited by DHC; 01-13-2009, 08:59 PM.
            Originally posted by Faust
            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
              god

why is the darn rentboy still alive!

another one to the assasination squad list.

Hi mr +Pops if you ever decide to read this you slimy bastard you,

Put together a decent fucking lookbook man! How hard is that?

OOOh im all like dark and hermetic cos I worked at Carpe Diem.. nah mate if you were you wouldnt show your pedo ass on camera would you?

NO you wouldnt sexy sadie(cough). So stop playing the recession povera games and join the rest of the design world and step up yo presentation skillz you lazy ol bitch. I dont wanna see your lousy DIY loungeroom pics, if i did i would go to richard kern.

We like your shit and want to buy it, and some of us here pay HARD EARNED CASH for your stuff .. but you bein lazy ol man.
              Startin to lose my respect. Im sure I voiced the opinion of many
              of your dwindling fans and retailers out there.

yours disappointedly

NDF
              best thing ive read on sz in decades
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                Looks like Amadei spent some MORE time on Tatooine.
                fixed

Comment

• pipcleo
                  • Jan 2007

Last edited by pipcleo; 09-01-2010, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

NDF's rant was epic!

What Arto says is true though... most shots online aren't anything super official. There is a very abstract 'catalog' that's hung up at Atelier with the clothes. Sort of a newspaper type thing. Take a look at that and you'll see that Amadei is exactly where he wants to be in terms of presentation.

In general though, I'm happy to see that he isn't ultrasecretive about his clothes. As much as I love Altieri, how is anyone around the world going to purchase items if it's damn near impossible to even see a hint of them?

In regards to the coming pieces, I was hoping for a "back to black" in terms of fabric choices. That beige-gray fabric and color he uses though is really really nice. Hopefully he'll be issuing the 5 pocket pants in a more "normal" fabric as well this season though. I'm sad I slept on that piece!
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

I don't mind the model one bit, but I guess that's just me
                      music

Comment

• deleuze
                        • Jul 2007

The model's his son, no? They got the same ass chin.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Merz, I agree with you. There are definitely a few gems there - you pointed them out.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by pipcleo View Post
                            the blue cock aware pants are very similar to volga volgas latest offering in the front pocket detail
                            apart from that nothing new happening here
                            do you have vv pics?

and i agree pretty much everything i've seen is a rehash of a previous season. I guess its good bc if you miss it once it'll be around forever seasonally rotating. the episode 1 long coat w green interior fabric is the same as the episode 4 tattooine coat except the button closure seems to be moved over a few inches. dramatic. and the shoes really suck.
                            oh, and since last season just hearing the word aviator makes me cringe, i'm happy he's insured it for one more go
                            Last edited by philip nod; 01-14-2009, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• BlackLeatherKelly
                              • Jan 2009

Faust,what do you think of the new m.a+ wallets with clamps?From lst season.I had one in red but the clamps came loose and were hard to open and close.What are your thoughts?

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

avoid

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎