• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Label Under Construction

Looks like this knit comes with its own cord that lets you ruche the sleeves and sides to your liking.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
      • Nov 2006

For everyone's information, there's a bunch on LUC on sale at the Barneys here. I saw some of the argyle sweater in many colors... basically last time I was there, the whole LUC rack was still full. If anyone wants anything PM me.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Looks like this knit comes with its own cord that lets you ruche the sleeves and sides to your liking.

[/quote]

I hope A gets this one or that I can get it via Salone etc. I must have it!

-A

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]For everyone's information, there's a bunch on LUC on sale at the Barneys here. I saw some of the argyle sweater in many colors... basically last time I was there, the whole LUC rack was still full. If anyone wants anything PM me.

[/quote]

What's the pricing look like for these on sale? Or full price, come to think of it, as well?

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• KeijiHaino
            • Dec 2006

yeah, is there anywhere you can purchase online? how many seasons has he done? pants?

Comment

• deuxmille
              • Nov 2006

Well, last time I went to barneys, most pieces were marked around 550-800$ and since it was the only price on the tag, I can only assume that was the sale price, but then again this is in Japan, so the prices are inflated on imported brands.

I'm going to go back today to make sure because last time I was in a rush and I might have missed something.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]yeah, is there anywhere you can purchase online? how many seasons has he done? pants?[/quote]

Not outside of Japan. I believe LUC is in their fifth season. Here are some pictures of their early work (first season, I think).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                  • Dec 2006

Oh man, this stuff is amazing. I would kill to have some sort of an official lookbook. I always wondered how labels like this stayed afloat only selling in a couple of stores especially with amazing pricey fabrics.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]Oh man, this stuff is amazing. I would kill to have some sort of an official lookbook. I always wondered how labels like this stayed afloat only selling in a couple of stores especially with amazing pricey fabrics.[/quote]

By having amazing prices, of course! They also have a very small staff. Everything is made in house by hand in a small atelier. The key is not only how much you sell, but also how much you spend. The key is not to overexpand, and they seem to be smart (they seem to have no problem for example with having 0 stocklists in North America (although A will pick them up next season). They also have good reputation - the guy who started it was responsible for knitwear at Carpe Diem.

P.S. And, yes, they also do pants, but I'd say it's not their forte.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Deuxmille, any news on the stock at Barneys?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Barneys in New York carried them a ways back. I remember it didn't sell well at all. Sooooo much stuff was on super deep discount and still there. I only remember the line because of their signature back neckhole/hardware/tassel tag style. I shoulda bought it all then!

Anyone know when A is getting their stock in? I want at least 3 or so tops from them this season (the "muscle" one, maybe the red/black silkscreen, and definitely the ruching wire one).

Their pants are cut interestingly. Low crotches and tapered legs a lot of the time. Definitely not a look for everyone.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

More knits

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ this one is fresh

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Mmm, those curved sleeves are sweet.

Comment

• laika
                                • Sep 2006

Does anyone have pics of the women's stuff? Someone at tfs got a LUC skirt that sounds absolutely amazing....
                                ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎