• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mesh
    • Dec 2006

Re: Label Under Construction

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="maldoror"]agreed. I was just scoping these at A and think the new collection looks fucking great, prices be damned. This is not to say that I'll be buying any of it, because I probably won't, but if I wanted to drop a g on a sweater you can be damn sure this is how I'd do it. The main problem with the universal price hikes is that, whereas a couple of seasons ago it would be no problem to justify copping a variety of pieces, I now have to really weigh my decisions for the select few. At the moment, that means focusing on footwear at the expense of LUC . . . with the possible exception of one of those insane black-matter ninja ponchos.
    [/quote]

3rd. well, i am glad you are still able to weight your choices - i just chuckle and shrug.

[/quote]

I'm actually very thankful I'm not really interested in this stuff and move on to my shizzle.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

So, my friend checked out the LUC stuff yesterday - he said most of what they were doing is actually not hard to do at all. Maybe I should start a knitwear line. He has all the facilities ready.

He also said that he imports a lot of fabrics and trims from Japan, and the whole freight/customs thing is bullshit and the markups are due to exclusivity. Hmmm, I don't know if he's right, but it's food for thought...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Re: Label Under Construction

lots of things are not hard to do after someone else has done them.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="xadam"]lots of things are not hard to do after someone else has done them.
          [/quote]

True, just look at Augusta.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

So, my friend checked out the LUC stuff yesterday - he said most of what they were doing is actually not hard to do at all. Maybe I should start a knitwear line. He has all the facilities ready.

He also said that he imports a lot of fabrics and trims from Japan, and the whole freight/customs thing is bullshit and the markups are due to exclusivity. Hmmm, I don't know if he's right, but it's food for thought...

[/quote]

Spoke to Mrs. Faust about it, who does this for a living, and she says my friend is wrong. Freight from Japan is very expensive, compared to freight from Europe, and lots of customs charges depend not only where the product was finished and what it is made of, but also on where the constituents were made, too. Apparently you must provide that info to customs, so "Made in ..." doesn't present a full picture (i.e. if the fabric was made in country A, parts of garments produced in country B, and assembled in country C - you will get a different customs rate). Interesting stuff.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

It's possible, merz. The only thing that makes me doubtful is that it's not like Yohji and CDG are hard to find, you know?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Hmm, and here I thought LUC was priced more reasonnably than the other Carpe offshoots (and not derivative to boot). I thankfully didn't intend to purchase anything for them and MA+ doesn't do it for me, but still, mad stupid pricing. The only purchases I have in the pipeline are either non-fashion (although eccentric) dress shoes and bespoke clothing so I guess I'll be pretty much insolatedof price hikes, not that this matter as pricing is already higher than LUC ;(
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]Hmm, and here I thought LUC was priced more reasonnably than the other Carpe offshoots (and not derivative to boot). I thankfully didn't intend to purchase anything for them and MA+ doesn't do it for me, but still, mad stupid pricing. The only purchases I have in the pipeline are either non-fashion (although eccentric) dress shoes and bespoke clothing so I guess I'll be pretty much insolatedof price hikes, not that this matter as pricing is already higher than LUC ;([/quote]

Yep, and I may concentrate on upgrading my stereo system instead. At least that stuff may truly last forever. Also maybe will get some new furniture. All of that unless some magic drops in at C21, Yoox, or INA.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

i put that wegner day bed on hold and they sold it out from underneath me, bastards, that's what happens when you buy clothes first.
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Real Real
                      • Feb 2007

[quote user="Fuuma"]The only purchases I have in the pipeline are either non-fashion (although eccentric) dress shoes and bespoke clothing so I guess I'll be pretty much insolatedof price hikes, not that this matter as pricing is already higher than LUC ;([/quote]

Same here. This makes $1250 made-to-measure and $2000 bespoke shoes look cheap.

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]i put that wegner day bed on hold and they sold it out from underneath me, bastards, that's what happens when you buy clothes first.
                        [/quote]

[:(] sorry pnod.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Real Real"][quote user="Fuuma"]The only purchases I have in the pipeline are either non-fashion (although eccentric) dress shoes and bespoke clothing so I guess I'll be pretty much insolatedof price hikes, not that this matter as pricing is already higher than LUC ;([/quote]

Same here. This makes $1250 made-to-measure and $2000 bespoke shoes look cheap.[/quote]

$1250 MTM!!? You mean MTO (you chose the colour, last and details)? I'm not even big on bespoke as I favour the creativity of some designers but I want a simple but perfect one button, peak lapel black blazer so it's the way to go.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• pipcleo
                            • Jan 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]i put that wegner day bed on hold and they sold it out from underneath me, bastards, that's what happens when you buy clothes first.
                            [/quote]

idiocy

always prioritse your wegner

Comment

• stickliy
                              • Jan 2008

Okay I get the point with the items/ materials and all that being imported from different countries

but does not the designer also have a say in the price surely there are ways to lower cost without decreasing the quality

or is the price more related to the store that bought the item ?

Comment

• Real Real
                                • Feb 2007

[quote user="Fuuma"]

[quote user="Real Real"][quote user="Fuuma"]The only purchases I have in the pipeline are either non-fashion (although eccentric) dress shoes and bespoke clothing so I guess I'll be pretty much insolatedof price hikes, not that this matter as pricing is already higher than LUC ;([/quote]

Same here. This makes $1250 made-to-measure and $2000 bespoke shoes look cheap.[/quote]

$1250 MTM!!? You mean MTO (you chose the colour, last and details)? I'm not even big on bespoke as I favour the creativity of some designers but I want a simple but perfect one button, peak lapel black blazer so it's the way to go.

[/quote]

Sorry, you're right - I meant $1250 made-to-order, not made-to-measure, shoes (that's the price from Gaziano and Girling for MTO (leather/last/size/details/etc)) or $2000-$3000 for fully bespoke they-carve-a-last-for-you shoes. I don't have any experience with MTO/bespoke suits, just shirts.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎