• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Label Under Construction

[quote user="laika"]Does anyone have pics of the women's stuff? Someone at tfs got a LUC skirt that sounds absolutely amazing....
    [/quote]

That sounds interesting. What was the skirt like? I did have pictures of the womens stuff - need to search in my house. I remember this gorgeous heavy knit meant to be worn falling off your shoulders. Amazing. I think the LUC thread on tFS might have that picture in the beginning.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Unfortunately, I never saw a clear pic of it. But it was described as being black and faded black; and stiff and "crunchy" ([U]) with multiple possibilities for wear.

Of all the off-shoots, this one really appeals to me. It's a shame no one sells it around here--I would just like to see it in person.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Unfortunately, I never saw a clear pic of it. But it was described as being black and faded black; and stiff and "crunchy" ([U]) with multiple possibilities for wear.

Of all the off-shoots, this one really appeals to me. It's a shame no one sells it around here--I would just like to see it in person.

[/quote]

soon, soon - A will carry it next season. I am really surprised that IF does not have it. Seems like a perfect fit.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

LUC hats. The form is just awesome.

LUC scarf

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ see that gray label on the bottom? This is made of fine Scottish cashmere, I forget the name of the mill that produces it, but it's very expensive. Maybe Johnny can help me out?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

Is this the same LUC hat you're talking about Albert? I like the shape of the top. Shouldn't be that hard to make yourself though (ignoring the fabric of course!)

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• deuxmille
                • Nov 2006

Those hats are crazy, there was a bunch of them on sale for 100$ or so last week... I'll go check tomorrow again, if anyone wants any.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Avantster"]

Is this the same LUC hat you're talking about Albert? I like the shape of the top. Shouldn't be that hard to make yourself though (ignoring the fabric of course!)

[/quote]

I think that's it... hard to tell from the angle exactly. What I noticed though was that if you tuck in the two corners of the Carpe Diem freeform hat when worn, you end up with a silhouette almost exactly that of the LUC hat as I think they'd look when worn. An interesting little thing that links the two lines together as well.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

this is kinda cool.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

ruched 2D sleeves

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]/\ see that gray label on the bottom? This is made of fine Scottish cashmere, I forget the name of the mill that produces it, but it's very expensive. Maybe Johnny can help me out?
                        [/quote]

I remembered what it was: Todd & Duncan cashmere.

FW07 presentation

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

So pretty!

The two LUC pieces you posted photos of from the Barneys JP page are just plain awesome. The pricing isn't absolutely horrific either considering an LMaltieri button up at A is on the order of $500.

Comment

• nairb49
                            • Dec 2006

After researching a bit more prior to buying my pants, and after, LUC is easily my favorite of the spin offs. I suppose its a bit unfair, seeing as how I'm not so into leather, but what can you do.

For me, this fills the gap that Helmut left quite nicely. Maybe not necessarily in the fashion world, but at least in my wardrobe ;)

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Photos of LUC (along with MA+ photos and some CCP as well) on Minorityrev

beautiful presentation. A larger room version of what Faust shows above.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

[quote user="nairb49"]

After researching a bit more prior to buying my pants, and after, LUC is easily my favorite of the spin offs. I suppose its a bit unfair, seeing as how I'm not so into leather, but what can you do.

For me, this fills the gap that Helmut left quite nicely. Maybe not necessarily in the fashion world, but at least in my wardrobe ;)

[/quote]

i agree with this 100%.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍