X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

anyone with a "vanilla" colored Guidi bag?
    is it insane to accept that it will see its share of distressing and staining and not cringe when it happens?
    I think the color is a great accent to all the black that I wear.
    Curious that I never worried about staining when it came to my white shoes but a bag seems more precious.
    Attached Files

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by rider View Post
      anyone with a "vanilla" colored Guidi bag?
      is it insane to accept that it will see its share of distressing and staining and not cringe when it happens?
      I think the color is a great accent to all the black that I wear.
      Curious that I never worried about staining when it came to my white shoes but a bag seems more precious.
      I am the opposite with my shoes and bags!

I have a light coloured (though not white) bag and so far I haven't had any major issues. I am only fearful of pen marks for some reason. The contrast with the black is so beautiful I don't think you should let fear of staining get in the way.

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

I was hoping you would post. I knew you would empathize with my dilemma. I keep taking it out of the sack trying to decide whether I should keep it or not. It's just so weird how when it comes to shoes I don't mind and actually enjoy the break in, but bags I want to protect. The color of this one is a little richer and deeper than the picture and I don't carry pens but the first wine mark will make me whine, no doubt. I guess I should just suck it up already and realize a few imperfections add character.

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
          • Aug 2011

Of course you should keep it. It's amazing how Guidi can make their leather so rich, especially in colours other than black. It's the first imperfection that will be most painful. Then you can embrace each additional stain as building character.

Haha I remember the time someone spilt their drink all over my RO clutch. You can probably imagine my face.

Comment

• rider
            eyes of the world
            • Jun 2009

Cheers.
            Attached Files

Comment

• jurassicsnark
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by porthidium View Post
              ooooo is that the full size ?

i was thinking of getting the baby crossbody one - but still waiting for it to come in a better/more interesting leather quality.
              Yeah, it's the biggest one that isn't the one with the long body and short strap. I've been pretty happy with it.
              Last edited by jurassicsnark; 09-28-2015, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• nimmy
                • Oct 2015

Women's bags

I am confused about choosing leather handbags or others handbags?
                Please suggest me.
                Attached Files

Comment

• ElenaSkacenko
                  • Jun 2016

Chanel bag I want!

I am obsessed with Chanel classic shoulder bags these days and i really want to buy this one *saving up*: http://wheretoget.it/look/299759

Comment

• ahn
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by rider View Post
                    I was hoping you would post. I knew you would empathize with my dilemma. I keep taking it out of the sack trying to decide whether I should keep it or not. It's just so weird how when it comes to shoes I don't mind and actually enjoy the break in, but bags I want to protect. The color of this one is a little richer and deeper than the picture and I don't carry pens but the first wine mark will make me whine, no doubt. I guess I should just suck it up already and realize a few imperfections add character.
                    It's really not the same but I got given a white suitcase for my birthday and my first reaction was alarm over the colour knowing what suitcases tend to go through by careless baggage staff. Of course began to scuff immediately, and it's now been on several flights and looks seriously beaten up. I'm severely anal retentive about this kind of thing but somehow I love it so much. The more beaten it gets the more character it has.

I think when it comes to guidi especially, the leathers are already mildly distressed - other than something sharp and unnatural like a pen-mark, I think darkening, marks and scuffs will just lend themselves to the character and aesthetic of the bag.
                    some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• apeibaed
                      • Jun 2023

Tote bags are versatile and spacious, making them popular among women who need to carry a lot of items, such as working professionals, students, or moms.

Shoulder Bags: Shoulder bags are often favored by women who want a practical yet stylish option. They come in various sizes and designs, ranging from casual to more formal styles.

Crossbody Bags: Crossbody bags are worn across the body, allowing for hands-free convenience. Many women appreciate the functionality and ease of carrying provided by crossbody bags, especially for busy days or outings.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎