Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ottoline
    • Jul 2014

love that satchel… I am looking at Guidi for the winter but which one and which colour! Sigh….

Comment

• Graeth
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by ahn View Post
      I mean it's not within my budget or my practicality requirements, but it has such superb volume and geometry.
      I recently saw that BaoBao bag in person- quite liked it when I first saw a photo, but in person its even nicer, I love the way it distorts. Even my mum liked it, and she has zero interest in bags.

Comment

• amywilson
        • Aug 2013

Clutches for me!

Personally, I'm more of a clutch person. However, when I need to carry more, I go for a classic handbag.

Comment

• lazyguru
          • Jun 2008

What kind of handbags are the stylish ladies OF SZ carrying to work these days? Would love some recommendations for a medium sized handbag that can be also worn on the shoulder . Gift for a lady friend & would like to shy away from the Celine / Saint Laurent etc options.

Thank you
          Last edited by lazyguru; 07-29-2014, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• rider
            eyes of the world
            • Jun 2009

I was carrying a Sophie d'Hoore satchel for quite awhile but recently switched to an Ann Demeulemeester sack that came with two straps, so it can worn as a messenger or a shoulder bag. The leather is divine on both but SdH is much more rigid than AnnD.

pics of Ann's 1st, Sophie's 2nd and last a Rick Owens bag that I also think is pretty nice.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

That RO satchel is sick. Those staples - simple but brilliant.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lazyguru
                • Jun 2008

Thanks Rider that Sophie d'Hoore looks like just what I was looking for.
                After back reading this thread i really liked the GIVENCHY Pandora but not sure if its work friendly.
                As much as I do not want to fall prey to the IT factor , I keep getting drawn to everything CELINE if they ever put together a men's collection it would sell out in days ...

Comment

• rider
                  eyes of the world
                  • Jun 2009

Interest, I found this Yohji messenger in a consignment shop, and for some reason it reminded me of something you might wear as well...going for a joy ride on the back of a hog.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by rider; 09-22-2014, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Ottoline
                    • Jul 2014

Guidi for me.

With a collection of all sorts in the closet, I have to say my favourite is Guidi, they just get better and better.

Comment

• rider
                      eyes of the world
                      • Jun 2009

wholeheartedly agree with you. they are heavy though ;-)
                      the saturation of the dye makes the bags worth getting in a color other than black.

Comment

• GlassOrganelle
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by rider View Post
                        wholeheartedly agree with you. they are heavy though ;-)
                        the saturation of the dye makes the bags worth getting in a color other than black.
                        Guidi make colours so delicious. More recently I've been looking at some pastel shades. I own a bag in a eggshell blue/grey/yellow and it nicely offsets a full black outfit. For some strange reason I actually don't mind this colour - I have no idea why, it's baby pink. But it might be nice to wear some softer colours without having to go all out in a pretty pink dress. Or maybe it's just the novelty of seeing a pink version of my favourite black handbag.

photo from robin richman

Comment

• voltbird
                          • Feb 2014

Regarding Guidi, I recently purchased this bag (pictured below). I tend to carry my entire life around with me, which is perhaps a neurotic compulsion, but I am usually frustrated by the the size and/or distracting embellishments on most of the women's bags I encounter. I wanted something straightforward and roomy, that would work with absolutely everything in my wardrobe.

It's almost perfect except for the strap length -- hangs a little too low on me because it's technically a men's bag and the model is obviously far taller than I am. The way the straps are stitched into the entire width of the bag, I wonder if it would cost an additional arm and leg to have Superior Leathers shorten it.

I'm still yearning for the perfect balance of capacity and beauty. The Givenchy Antigona remains the Jewish American Princess bag of my dreams, but I've put that on hold for now in favor of "Easy" tote. Not sure why Givenchy considers it easy... it's certainly not easy on the wallet!

Comment

• Mezeinee
                            • Apr 2015

The one on the bottom right reminds me much of an Italian brand called 'The Bridge':

I love the chestnut colored sturdy leather they use.
                            But my favorite brand for bags is Bottega Veneta. The make all sorts of woven leather bags. Like this one for example:

or the lazy version:

https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• Mezeinee
                              • Apr 2015

That Givenchy bag is amazing. So clean and simple looking and yet not boring. Thank you for this post. maybe I can find a second on the internet.
                              https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• voltbird
                                • Feb 2014

Mezeinee, it's a beauty and I'm sure they have more of them on Farfetch, which is where I purchased mine. I use it the most out of all my other handbags.

I joke that my affection for Givenchy is my Jewish Princess side coming out -- and that affection is a bit of a guilty pleasure -- but I am in love with many of their handbags, especially the Easy tote and the Antigona.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎