X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

at the JAP reference :-) But I thought Celine has replaced Givenchy in that department?

I still think that the Nightingale is perhaps the best mass-market bag since the Balenciaga biker (whatever that name was).
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• voltbird
      • Feb 2014

Faust, yes, I believe it was the Balenciaga Motorcycle bag -- biker, motorcycle, tomato, to-mah-to. The bag with all the knobs and the little nubby feet! I love bags with the feet. They are cute enough that I once considered an Alexander Wang bag on that premise alone (I initially misspelled that as AlexANGER Wang, which is as Freudian a typo as I've ever seen).

The Céline Luggage handbag and the Givenchy Nightingale I spot regularly in my old UES neighborhood, hence the JAP quip! I figure I owe my heritage some semblance of representation -- my last name sure as hell ain't Smith, after all

I actually just glanced at the Céline website out of curiosity and the current season is quite beautiful, though I can't quite get on board with the 60s-esque color blocking. And the lines are too clean for my tastes; I need something that looks good stuffed to the brim, and that will take a beating gracefully. (That's what my Guidi bag is for.)

Comment

• ahn
        • Jul 2012

Well I am back in this thread again... the second free Antonioli tote bag I've been lazily using as a handbag for the last 8 months has finally broken (the first one eventually broke too and would you believe the store EXPRESS COURIERED a replacement to AUSTRALIA for FREE?! A free tote bag. What customer service!!!!). I can't possibly try to scam a third one from them, but it was just the right size and shape for my daily lugging needs.

Originally posted by voltbird View Post
        Regarding Guidi, I recently purchased this bag (pictured below). I tend to carry my entire life around with me...

[CENTER]

voltbird this bag is almost my dream replacement but it is next-level big. I'm hoping for rough 45cm width replacement... but I really want both a cross-body strap and a short handle like this model. Guidi don't seem to do one like this any smaller that I can find online.

The next best option I found is THIS Marsell but I really had my heart set on Guidi leather.

The Guidi Q15 looks only a fraction larger than my Antonioli tote so right now it's my other top option. But the short handles would be so great... I feel so confused.
        some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Dawn
          • Mar 2009

ahn: 45cm width? Do mean length? If so, I believe what you're looking for is a Guidi Q20, which is smaller than the Q15, and is literally the 'perfect' everyday bag - for inside and outside of the office. It measures 46cm in length. Although it doesn't have a tote handle, you might be able to have one custom made with one. The one I have, I requested to have an internal pocket and to have the strap lengthened, so it's definitely worth a try.

Incarnation does nice bags with the shoulder-body strap and handle combination, though the handle is not short for what you're looking for:
          1) http://archivesf.com/collections/bag...skin-messenger
          2) http://archivesf.com/collections/bag...ther-messenger

Comment

• ahn
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Dawn View Post
            ahn: 45cm width? Do mean length? If so, I believe what you're looking for is a Guidi Q20, which is smaller than the Q15, and is literally the 'perfect' everyday bag - for inside and outside of the office. It measures 46cm in length. Although it doesn't have a tote handle, you might be able to have one custom made with one. The one I have, I requested to have an internal pocket and to have the strap lengthened, so it's definitely worth a try.

Incarnation does nice bags with the shoulder-body strap and handle combination, though the handle is not short for what you're looking for:
            1) http://archivesf.com/collections/bag...skin-messenger
            2) http://archivesf.com/collections/bag...ther-messenger
            No no, definitely 45cm wide, maybe 30cm from the opening to the bottom in length?

Those Incarnation bags LOOK absolutely PERFECT... I am going to e-mail The Archive and see if I can get the dimensions since they don't seem to be listed.

Comment

• voltbird
              • Feb 2014

Next level big it absolutely is. So big I almost returned it for that fact alone! But then, I realized, who am I kidding. I carry around, at minimum, and at all times: my behemoth of a wallet, a change of clothes, my version of a first aid kit, and heavy duty headphones. Unsurprisingly it is now my most used bag, and I feel kind of naked without it:

That's it with a little more than the usual packed away, and when it's not so overstuffed, it wraps nicely around my leg and thigh and passes for being not quite so huge as it is. The only nuisance is that the leather stains my hands if I rummage through the bag too aggressively. Looks pretty metal, at least.

Now I feel like I have to ask... what do you all keep in your bags? (And if you're not like me, how in god's name do you survive leaving the house without everything packed away on one shoulder?)

Comment

• Comotomo
                • Nov 2014

-Small card holder ( I used to be a cash person but i feel that my bag is already quite heavy when it is empty so I try not to use my regular long wallet anymore)

-At least two different shades of lipstick

-Face powder

-Facial blotting paper

-Keys/Phone/Candy

-Some sort of hand wipes

I always have tons of random receipts and cards in my bag..

When I was younger I would try to bring a light book too and facial mist.

Comment

• mona13
                  • Feb 2009

I need a new bag, and am considering Guidi. Does anyone have the SH4 or the backpack style (not sure of the style number)? I tend to use the same bag everyday. I'm looking for something that is easy to carry and can carry a lot.

Comment

• ahn
                    • Jul 2012

Everyday carries are...

-- wallet/clutch (I finally found my perfect wallet/clutch! It is by a small leather-goods brand designed and manufactured in Melbourne. Stylistically speaking most of their range quite pedestrian but functionally this one piece was everything I'd been wanting and the design is perfectly minimal / inoffensive)

-- phone, keys

-- small zipper pouch with assortment of cosmetic essentials... lipsticks, concealer, nail file, mints, lip balm, floss, blotting papers, tissues etc

-- several pens and a notebook with dated list of orders and the stage of production they're in

-- over-ear headphones

-- it's winter so currently an umbrella, but also sunglasses because it gets very glarey

PLUS
                    -- monday - friday; my lunchbox and sometimes breakfast too.

-- and throughout the day I inevitably accumulate various supplies and items I drop off/pick up from my casters on a daily basis.

It's really my headphones, umbrella and lunch that move my requirements for a bag into the larger category - even though it's so cumbersome sometimes when the large bag is empty, I can't stand dragging more than one bag around.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mona13 View Post
                      I need a new bag, and am considering Guidi. Does anyone have the SH4 or the backpack style (not sure of the style number)? I tend to use the same bag everyday. I'm looking for something that is easy to carry and can carry a lot.
                      The SH4 is nice and so is the backpack, but I prefer the small weekender - I think the code is GB1A.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                        eyes of the world
                        • Jun 2009

I have the medium bag and the backpack, two different colors.
                        I can attest to the fact that they both are very durable and can hold quite of bit of baggage, but you have to keep in mind that they themselves are rather heavy without anything even in them.

The backpack carries the most, can pretty much withstand anything you can fit into it along with the fact that it is carried in such a way that it makes lugging a heavy easy to carry. I tend to use the backpack in the fall/winter and for travel, the medium for warmer months. Both are excellent everyday bags that never show a mark.

Comment

• rider
                          eyes of the world
                          • Jun 2009

If pretty and rugged is your thing, Cherevichkiotvichki is worth considering. her color saturation is decadent and they have an underlying 50's vibe, at least to me.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• mona13
                            • Feb 2009

Thank you, Faust and rider. I very appreciate the input.

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                              • Sep 2015

My regular is this Rick Owens bag. I love it. It's half-price in grey on Yoox right now, and I am seriously considering buying a backup...

Comment

• porthidium
                                • Aug 2013

ooooo is that the full size ?

i was thinking of getting the baby crossbody one - but still waiting for it to come in a better/more interesting leather quality.
                                @porthidium_

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎