Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

What to you guys think of Jerome Dreyfuss?

It's supposed to be "organic" leather, although I'm not sure what that means exactly. I think he is or was Isabel Marant's boyfriend, and he makes the bags for her brand as well

Comment

• galia
      • Jun 2009

I agree on the pricing, but I've heard the quality is really excellent

to me he's one of the very few who pulls off the fake vintage look well

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

i have, and use to no end, the top bag by jerome dreyfuss. i first saw the bags in his store in paris, next to isabels. was very impressed by them. i did find mine on sale and they do go on sale. mick margo has a decent selection and pricing. leather is thick, soft and durable and the hardware is solid.

Comment

• jcotteri
          • Jun 2008

Nico Uytterhaegen (Belgium)

Nico Uytterhaegen is a Belgian designer brand focused on perfumes and leather goods. All bags are handmade in Belgium with the finest Italian leathers.
          WTB: This

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

After years of carrying half my house with me in various messenger and tote bags, and killing my back in the process, I have decided to move towards something more dainty

Dris Van Noten purse. actual colour is a lighter, almost gold-ish brown

It's JUST big enough for all my basic stuff, and I can't really fit a book in it but I don't mind. I feel so light, like I'm not carrying anything, it's really a nice change. It also makes me feel more feminine for some reason, and I don't spend 10mns finding stuff in it. so far so happy

Comment

• rider
              eyes of the world
              • Jun 2009

its beautiful. reminds me of a stone you find on the beach.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Its very nice, I like it,
                Also not to promote myself, but I will be doing some women bags later this year............ still fleshing out a few ideas and moving slowly, very organic, natural. I really like designing bags and working with leather, learning a lot and never know I would enjoy it this much...........
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• rider
                  eyes of the world
                  • Jun 2009

zamb, youve peaked my interest.

Comment

• jscl
                    • Jan 2010

bumping this... any recommendations with valentine's day coming up soon?
                    JUST THE HITS

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Depends on what your girl is into. Downtown should have a lot of stuff from the brands we champion for girls, but you should get her what she wants, not what you want her to want. ;-)
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jscl
                        • Jan 2010

yeah, very true faust. i want her to have something she'll like, but i also want to surprise her. i'm curious to hear if any girls here wear julius bags? i'm considering the one below for her. She's handled julius bags before, and i think the twist and drape make this a bit more feminine style. not sure if it'll be too long or rugged though.

JUST THE HITS

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                          • Oct 2010

^ I tend to carry only men's bags for myself. However, they must be tote bags. Messenger slings will be long -- at least on me (5'4") -- most men's messengers hang too low on the waist to balance.

You may want to look into bags that have adjustable straps, unless your girlfriend is tall!

MBD
                          "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                          It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                          My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I think M.A.+ has a very good balance of feminine and masculine (and mescaline), maybe that's the way to go. Or get one of Zam's!
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

neat thing about m.a+ messenger, is the strap adjusts from petite to tall with just two clips. super nice bag that i wear constantly, and always seem to lose things in it because it's a deep cavern.

IF NY carries johnny farah which is worth looking at. the hardest decision is which shape you want because they are all beautiful.

Comment

• rudo
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by rider View Post
                                IF NY carries johnny farah which is worth looking at. the hardest decision is which shape you want because they are all beautiful.
                                I own a Johnny Farah messenger type bag and it is pretty nice. Nice textured leather with more conservative design but with slight edge. There were also some Johnny Farah left at IF basement sale I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎