X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

you tempt me brother, but its a line i just can't cross.
    love though. J

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Well, it presents a philosophical dilemma. If the aforementioned bag already existed anyway (meaning already changed hands and thus you were not a part of the demand for such a bag), would your purchase still be a moral choice? Cause such a bag exists :-)
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

...i see it this way, (of course, not saying it makes sense to anyone but me, but in my idealistic world of what is just this is my logic). even contributing to second hand or vintage feeds the market, just by the acceptance of being acquired at anytime, I would be linked to it. now, here is the moral line of demarcation i twist around in my head, the line that every human draws somwhere...the mere fact I purchase anything from said manufacturer can be argued as contributing to the market. its of course true, to a degree, and there lies the original line in the sand.
        I'm crazy, right?
        I want the bag but dont want the baggage.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by rider View Post
          I want the bag but dont want the baggage.
          I like this quote.

I understand what you mean and can sympathize. It's a pickle, really.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• rider
            eyes of the world
            • Jun 2009

trust me, i'm no saint, just dont want to perpetuate this specific portion of the market.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I understand, rider! But call me if you wake up on the other side of the (philosophical) bed tomorrow :-)
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

It's funny, I would never call myself a vegetarian or anything like that, but I also have specific animals that I won't eat/wear, and it usually follows how cute/ugly I think they are. How flakey is that?
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• ahn
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                  It's funny, I would never call myself a vegetarian or anything like that, but I also have specific animals that I won't eat/wear, and it usually follows how cute/ugly I think they are. How flakey is that?
                  I won't eat any meat that looks on my plate like it did when it was alive.
                  some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• severin
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by ahn View Post
                    I won't eat any meat that looks on my plate like it did when it was alive.
                    because no one should ever be REMINDED of what they're actually eating (or wearing). scorch it to obscurity so reality doesn't seep in!!

rider: i think it's good for everyone to find where their own line is drawn. more people should be mindful enough to explore this, no matter where their conclusion ends up. i admire your conviction. please don't apologize for your logic.
                    take me up to the top of the city

Comment

• ittalidaa
                      • Aug 2009

BLESS no° 04 bags
                      A, B, C, D and E are bags. Bags are functional products.
                      Functional products are stylefree. Stylefree means freedom in
                      fashion. Freedom in fashion could be dangerous without seasonal instruction advices. But missing instruction advices support consciousness in using fashion. Consciousness in using fashion means wearing function as a fashion discussion protector.

No one does like it like BLESS.
                      http://cotonblanc.tumblr.com http://lacollectionneuse.tumblr.com

Comment

• galia
                        • Jun 2009

I think all this thing abouyt not beating cute animals is what we call in French "sensiblerie", like a sort of self-indulgent sensitivity. I try to eat animals who lived a decent life, which means no industrially produced meat. Also no endangered species obv. That actually makes a difference. Caring for animals means trying to go in a direction that benefits them (proper food and living space) instead of you (what they look like)

Honestly in terms of what is cute, I just draw the line at my own dog. Give me a lamb or bunny any time. I even like the taste of horse.

However, I'm not condemning anyone, I just find it hard to believe that anyone who isn't a teenage girl would draw the line at "cute"

Comment

• rider
                          eyes of the world
                          • Jun 2009

can anyone tell me about the handbag line by Sofie D'Hoore?
                          her non-fussy approach seems to carry over into the accessory line and I have a feeling the bags are very sturdy and well made.

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

do you have a link rider? i had totally forgotten about Sofie...would love to see the bags.
                            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

thanks for responding, i had a feeling you would be familiar with her.
                              here is the tote. so basic and seemingly so perfect.
                              and just because i couldnt resist a terrific deal on a magnificent piece, i grabbed the fleet ilya one as another option from ln-cc.
                              ...so different but both have their place. i dont have many bags and realized that when i do use them, i wear them to death so they have to have legs.

may i ask out of curiosity what most women on this board carry?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• laika
                                • Sep 2006

^lovely! I like the second one, especially. looks like a good cross-body bag, and it's hard to find those in that size.

I'm absolutely terrible with bags...I hate carrying them, so I have very little interest in looking at them or spending money on them, and I can rarely find ones that I like anyway. I do love MMM bags though...they are simple but the shapes are lovely. I've been using this one for work.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎