X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monty76
    • Sep 2006

Shop by City Forum

So it has been suggested that we start such a forum on stylezeitgeist and just wanted to get opinions on how we should do it...

personally i think it should be its own forum called "shop by city" or something more creative... then it would be threads for each city under the forum... and i think we should have a format so its easy for people to get the info they need, im also wondering if it should be divided into city sections for the larger cities somehow (like they have at superfuture)....

format:

SHOP NAME
    Address & Directions
    (if possible): (...) - could include nearest subway station or landmarks....
    Telephone (if possible):(...)
    Brands: (...):
    Review (selection, atmosphere, sales staff, prices):(...)
    Date Visited: (...)
    Link (if possible): (...)
    Pictures (if possible):

So an example of a store in Hong Kong would be:

Ann Demeulemeester
    Address & Directions: On Lan Street, Central - nearest MTR station is Central, shop is on the same street as Martin Margiela flagship and D-Mop and is Across the street from Landmark, Harvey Nichols and up a small alley... search "on lan street" on centamap.com, its not a long street so easy to find.
    Telephone: ???
    Brands: Ann Demeulemeester
    Review: Fairly small shop with helpful staff, but filled with stock on either wall. Last time i checked, for men,they carried the silver matallic jacket, the black and white floral patterned suit jacket,metallic sneakers, various leather and cloth bags, many ties and belts. Not quite extensive stocklist for clothes as i have noticed quite a few pieces on luisaviaroma and aloha rag was not stocked here. But still a significant selection.
    Interior: Plain - exposed wood floor, white walls and big wooden table in the middle
    Date Visited: September 2006
    Link: www.ithk.com (its part of the IT group so you get 10% off with the IT card)
    Picture:

any other suggestions?

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Shop by City Forum

It's definitely a great idea. The reason we have not done it yet is because the plan was to create a separate section on SZ that would integrate store reviews with google maps. I am not sure if this will materialize, though - we will see in the coming weeks. We can start the forums in the vein you are suggesting meanwhile.

If other people chime in, I'd appreciate it.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎