X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

haha, i am quick on the draw like the horse named mcgraw. agreed, never looked to him for innovation either. haven't seen it in real life.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TarHeart
      • Jun 2009

Faust already said it. From these pictures, it just looks like another ill-fitting "avant-garde" brand for the macho guy.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Berrini is a strange label... there's been some really nice pieces every now and then (I really like some of his blazers and coats), but lots of boring ones. I've seen an endless number of poorly cut shirts, tees, trousers and whatnot at various stores. there seems to be no coherence.

I'm not sure about the BBS influence, he has been making heavy knits and long coats for a long time but some of the details on the first two coats (pockets, button placement and material on the second one) seem quite familiar though.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ yep, that's what i was referring too. add a few dangly things and it would look quite familiar.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MASUGNEN
            • Feb 2009

Is it true, that he worked for Carpe diem?

Comment

• een
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              Berrini is a strange label... there's been some really nice pieces every now and then (I really like some of his blazers and coats), but lots of boring ones. I've seen an endless number of poorly cut shirts, tees, trousers and whatnot at various stores. there seems to be no coherence.
              Agree completely, lowrey. This unlined linen farmer's jacket from a few years ago is a favorite of mine - I wear it tons. Typical per Berrini, it's got some CCP-style overlock darting and pocket details...

edit: actually half-lined - yoke and sleeves. more images per request:

Last edited by een; 09-01-2010, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• deleuze
                • Jul 2007

Actually I believe it was Poell he worked for, hence the similarities in his first collections.

Comment

• Enaml
                  • Apr 2009

Really, really like that shirt/jacket from what I see, een. More pics, possibly? When's it from?
                  How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• een
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                    Really, really like that shirt/jacket from what I see, een. More pics, possibly? When's it from?
                    Thanks Enaml.
                    From what I remember, SS 2008
                    I'll try to get some more photos up for you - see post #21
                    Last edited by een; 09-01-2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• old
                      • Jul 2009

it seems that his direction is somewhat incoherent.
                      I own a couple of pieces from a few years back and they seemed of good material and cut.
                      However the pieces seemed much more simplistic and down to earth and did not incorporate as much up to date elements to make a statement.
                      of course that's only based on the things that I own.
                      Tradition ist Bewahrung des Feuers und nicht Anbetung der Asche.

Comment

• edhohoho
                        • Jan 2011

I remember seeing some early leather jackets with overlock type stitching and distressed grey/earth tones circa 2006-2007. Almost bought one but couldn't justify the price at the time. Also wasn't sure it would fit my wardrobe. To this day I regret passing on that jacket...as well as the CCP overlock hanging nearby. At the time I simply didn't appreciate the significance of the craftmanship and details.

Comment

• swals001
                          • Nov 2007

POEME BOHEMIEN

Anyone have any experience with his new line? I've yet to see any of it in person but it seems to be the same stuff he has always been releasing but re-branded.

Comment

• een
                            • Sep 2006

I've tried several pieces on - it's the same stuff

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

from what I've seen, nice basic pieces done in what seemed like high quality fabrics. tried on a couple of jackets that were cool, and Archive has some nice pieces. not much different from what he has done in the past either, so I'm not sure what the name change is about.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• underdog
                                • Aug 2009

I've picked up a few of his namesake pieces over the past year and like them quite a bit, including one of my best fit blazers, but find the new name so off putting/tacky/cheesy. Would not want that name on the inside of anything I wore.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎