Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mamooon
    • Jun 2015

@Sufi: I'd love to read your reviews then. Ordering perfume-samples and receiving the package with the tiny bottles feels for me every time like xmas as you never know what you're going to get as descriptions and reviews (like on basenotes/parfumo) just give a hint, but finally your soul and nose is going to hate or love it. Or the poeple around you.
    ;)

My newest one is Wackelwasser Light (Wackelwasser is what lil' children over here sometimes call sparkling water) of Christian Plesch (founder of Nasengold) and that's a pretty 'orthodox' one with a touch of gin and white wine, orange blossom, a bit of ginger and neroli, a bit of ambra and malt: A friend of mine who loves basically all kind of beer, wine and cocktails, well, she immediately fell in love with that scent. So indeed, it's somehow pretty cocktail'ish, but also 'fresh', uplifting, 'light' and 'sparkling' perfume. This is currently the one i choose for daytime as it's unintrusive for my workmates in the office.
    ;)

Comment

• etgreg
      • Jan 2011

Has Rick given up on his perfume?

RICK OWENS
      $ 1.700
      TAXES AND FEES INCLUDED

RICK OWENS LAMYLAND PERFUME IS A CREATION FROM THE LAMYLAND TRIBE, A SMELL OF THEIR TRAVELS, FROM EMPTY QUARTERS TO THE SOUTH BRONX.

* LIMITED EDITION OF 1000 RELEASED
      * THE 50 ML BOTTLE IS MADE IN FRANCE WHILST THE BRONZE AND SILVER MONKEY CAP IS HAND-MADE IN ITALY.
      * THE SILVER FIR WOOD BOX IS NUMBERED BY LASER INSCRIPTION AND THE INSIDE TRAY IS MADE OF CAMEL SKIN.
      * TOP NOTES: CALABRIA BERGAMOT, BLACK NEPAL CARDAMOM, AND SPANISH SAFFRON.
      * HEART NOTES: STYRAX, GOLD INCENSE, MYRRH, AND PALO SANTO.
      * BASE NOTES: AMBER, OAKMOSS, VETIVER JAVA, AND VANILLA.

THE PERFUME IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AT RICK OWENS MILAN.
      FOR ONLINE ORDERS, CUSTOMER CARE WILL REACH OUT TO CONFIRM THE SHIPMENT DATE.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Nice price.

Law and others, what are your thoughts on Orto Parisi?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Law and others, what are your thoughts on Orto Parisi?
          I haven't tried any of them yet, but the company seems to be an offshoot of Nasomatto owner/nose Alessandro Gaultieri. So with that said, expect them to be strong (parfum extrait), dense, loud, brash and hamfistedly heavy on the synthetics.

Comment

• darkbydesign
            • Sep 2010

I also haven't tried them, but some look promising...

Wow - that Rick Owens frag is tremendously overpriced, but I guess you're paying for that silver on the bottle or whatever. The most expensive fragrance I own is The Night from Dominique Ropion and it's not even near that price. (wonderful) Who made the Rick fragrance?

I did get a bottle of LAVS recently and really do love it. Thanks for the recommendation Law. It's a more complex profile than most incense scents so I have been wearing it a lot.

Other new additions I'd recommend are: House of Oud - Crop 2017 which is probably the best fennel fragrances I've ever smelled. It has notes of tobacco, licorice, and absinthe. I'd say it has some similarity to Profumum - Fumidus but with a true licorice/fennel top note, which is great.

Also, Heeley has a new Yuzu fragrance out that at first glance I thought would be fairly boring, but honestly I really like it as a citrus fragrance that would work super well for summer. It's basically Yuzu combined with Sel Marin so isn't overbearing at a distance but sticks to the skin really nicely so up close is really nice. Probably my favorite of his citrus scents alongside the Verbena one he did in the original collection.

Comment

• haydn
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by etgreg View Post

RICK OWENS
              $ 1.700
              TAXES AND FEES INCLUDED.

* LIMITED EDITION OF 1000 RELEASED
              Lol at the price. Skip the box and the silver cap and they could probably knock off $1400.

I’m guessing the fragrance is likely Francis Kurkdjian. He did several perfumes for Rick and Michele including the diffusers in the stores (and the fragrance Rick was going to release but never did). Unless he’s incorporated some prett rare ingredients (unlikely), this is hardcore trolling.

Comment

• mamooon
                • Jun 2015

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                (...)
                Also, Heeley has a new Yuzu fragrance out that at first glance I thought would be fairly boring, but honestly I really like it as a citrus fragrance that would work super well for summer. It's basically Yuzu combined with Sel Marin so isn't overbearing at a distance but sticks to the skin really nicely so up close is really nice. Probably my favorite of his citrus scents alongside the Verbena one he did in the original collection.
                Ordered a sample of the Yuzu with my 'Wackelwasser Light' and it will hopefully arrive today as i cannot wait to give it a try. I do like most of Heeley's fragrances as they're light, often summer'ish and pretty pleasant - the 'Sel Marin'-sample i got was enjoy'able as well but i was missing something special emerging out of the decent base notes, so i'm hoping the Yuzu will be exactly what i was waiting for. ;)

Comment

• vah
                  • Aug 2016

I got a sample of the Yuzu the other week with an order of Vetiver Veritas. It's really nice, sticks to the skin long and have hints of vetiver in the base notes that balances nicely with the yuzu. Need test it some more but would be a perfect late spring/early summer scent.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                    • Sep 2010

FYI - I am not sure how I let this slip but Dominique Ropion also put out a new release called "Promise" on the Frederic Malle line. It's a continuation of the scents he's done lately that has similar vibes to PoaL, The Night, Superstitious, etc. However, more rose oriented with some apple vibe but with a super burnt vibe using Cypriol and pepper with some patchouli - sort of like you literally set it all on fire. Fairly classic combination but, like all his work, I enjoyed it. The apple isn't fruity but natural and the overall scent has a kerosene/fire vibe to it as well, which is surprising but to me - quite interesting given the ingredients, but it's the Cypriol doing it's duty. To me, since these two are the released engineered for the Arabic market, I would say The Night is extremely traditional as an Out, but Promise is much more unexpected and even edgy which is rare for DR, but I welcome the change. I'd recommend this as long as you don't expect a traditional rose+patchouli combo because it smells nothing like that, despite the somewhat expected list of ingredients.
                    Last edited by darkbydesign; 12-18-2017, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                      • Sep 2010

^OK. So this rarely actually happens to me (even though I read about it sometimes in other peoples' reviews). The Promise fragrance I've now worn for 3 days and I swear to you that it smells COMPLETELY different every day. Like the first day I smelt this resiny, oudy, spicy vibe mixed with an extreme chemical - almost kerosine (but not quite) note. Then yesterday was much more like POAL mixed with the Night or some such blend.

Today it's very much the apple note, almost in a jam format - sweet and light with the rose notes. I keep having to check to make sure I sprayed the right bottle, but it's the one. haha

So I guess something to add here is how much this scent must transform due to temperature, anatomic placement (I've done wrists, neck and then a direct spray on clothing today) etc.

I'm giving it a strong thumbs up for not being predictable in that sense. I like surprises and have never seen a fragrance be so extremely different every time.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

That sounds promising, though I like how you describe day one better. I don't think I'd want to smell like apples :-)
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

We did a little write-up on the Cire Trudon fragrances. Curious to know what you guys think.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkbydesign
                            • Sep 2010

^Haha. Believe me, when I say apple notes I don't mean like candy apple or apple juice or anything silly like that. More like what a rotten apple would smell like where you smell the fermentation etc. (a nice Earthy vibe in that sense).

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Tried Orto Parisi today at Aedes and I think it's VERY good. Very earthy, powerful scents, aggressive but not heavy, they don't weigh you down. I think they are very SZ, actually. Perhaps there is an article in there. My favorites were the new one, Terroni, and Brutus.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• unwashed
                                • Dec 2008

I will be receiving Dior's "Cuir Cannage" and Tom Ford's "Grey Vetiver".
                                The vetiver I already know and compared to other vetiver's I've handled I think this is very nice. Very curious about the Cuir Cannage though, can't wait to wear it. Also came with a huge Dior sample of "Feve Delicieuse" which is also very nice.
                                Grailed link

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎