Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickefuge
    • Nov 2014

You might like Black Cuir by Evodie — it’s a churchy summer scent. I found out about it via a blind scent tasting at a perfumer.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• delicious_not
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
      "Io Non Ho Mani Che Mi Accarezzino il Volto" - that fucking thing smells like death, or maybe morgue, and not in a perfume-y "nice way", very literal actually.
      ok so this monster of a perfume just wouldn't leave my head so i tried it on a few more times since that post and gotta say this is one of my fav perfumes already lol, def gonna buy a full bottle... although it doesn't smell to me like something a morgue worker would probably smell like anymore, this is still the weirdest thing i have ever tried - now i think of it like it's some medieval poison, and yeah the "smell of death" still stands.

as for the church scents, i would add "La Liturgie des Heures" by Jovoy to the list.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by stagename View Post
        I'm taking suggestions for church scents. I have/had CDG Avignon, Armani Bois d'Encens and Heeley Cardinal. UNUM LAVS is next up on my list if I can manage to find it, but I'd happily get something else. Thanks!
        The new Noir Encens by Mad et Len is pure magic. It's right next up on my list , it was an instant coup de coeur for me!!
        UNUM LAVS is really cool too, although slightly too sweet / talc on my skin

Comment

• unwashed
          • Dec 2008

Talking about UNUM, any experiences with 'Symphonie Passion' and/or 'Rosa Nigra'?

My last perfume purchase was CdG Concrete. My CdG Black bottle was finished, so I went to get another one. However every single store sold out and I ended up purchasing Concrete instead. Something completely different. Remark that I was having a cold and couldn't smell a thing. Concrete being from CdG, I took the gamble and just bought it. I felt let down by it after the first couple of wears, too simple and bit bland and way too pricey for what it is. But couple weeks into it I kinda like the subtleness of it. However will not be buying this again nor will I ever go out perfume shopping with a cold.
          Last edited by unwashed; 02-20-2019, 01:19 PM.
          Grailed link

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
            Talking about UNUM, any experiences with 'Symphonie Passion' and/or 'Rosa Nigra'?
            I haven't smelled Rosa NIgra so I can't tell, but Symphonie Passion is also on my favorites list, and is my fav UNUM perfume. Apparently LAVS is their best seller, but its too sweet for me.
            Symphonie Passion has a nice balance between lightness/freshness/citrucy-ness and something heavier, metallic, with a lot of character. I figure it's a perfect transitional weather fragrance IMO, spring or fall, but maybe leaning more into the summer side of things.

I will def be buying it in the next months ;)

Comment

• ike
              • Feb 2019

I'm now using Joe Malone White Jasmine & Mint Cologne and I love it so much.
              Mr.Alife
              Amazon ungating service

Comment

• delicious_not
                • Dec 2012

damn, UNUM LAVS and Jovoy La Liturgie des Heures are so gorgeous i can practically live in them. the former is probably the closest you can get to the classic incesce, pretty heavy and dark, and the latter is some sort of pine-y incense, very beautiful too. sorry CDG Avingon, but you take the third place in my book now.

Comment

• HWith
                  • May 2007

I've recently bought a bottle of parfume without an atomiser. You just open a glas lid and dab some of the liquid on wherever. I was wondering wether this would be bad for the perfume - that is exposing it to air/oxygen repeatedly, as opposed to keeping it sealed like in a bottle with a built in atomiser?

Comment

• haydn
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                    I've recently bought a bottle of parfume without an atomiser. You just open a glas lid and dab some of the liquid on wherever. I was wondering wether this would be bad for the perfume - that is exposing it to air/oxygen repeatedly, as opposed to keeping it sealed like in a bottle with a built in atomiser?
                    From my experience with splash bottles, it’s how you apply that can do more harm to the fragrance. If the dabber or lid comes in contact with your skin or if the bottle is left open, it’s very easy to contaminate the fragrance. I noticed after a while the bottles I’ve had looked murky due to body oils / lotions etc coming off the lid that i used to apply or from my finger that I held over top of the lid. So if you plan to keep using the fragrance as a splash, try to minimize any contamination as best as possible to keep it smelling good for as long as possible.

Unless you prefer that method of application, grab some glass atomizers which are readily avail on amazon. They’re easy to fill from your splash bottle and should prolong the life of your fragrance, as well as being much easier to apply and control how much you use.

Comment

• HWith
                      • May 2007

Haydn: Thanks for the advice!

Now we're at it, what are you guy's thoughts about potpourri vs. scented candles? I'm thinking about buying one from Mad et len, but which one has the most 'durable' scent in the room, and what about cost effectiveness - buying refills for the potpourri vs. buying new candles. Any thoughts in general, I've never had potpourri at home, so I have no clue.

Comment

• haydn
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                        Haydn: Thanks for the advice!

Now we're at it, what are you guy's thoughts about potpourri vs. scented candles? I'm thinking about buying one from Mad et len, but which one has the most 'durable' scent in the room, and what about cost effectiveness - buying refills for the potpourri vs. buying new candles. Any thoughts in general, I've never had potpourri at home, so I have no clue.
                        If by potpourri you’re referring to the oil dropper on stone / crystal; I’ve never found them to be a good way to fill a room with scent. I think for small spaces they may be suitable, but from my experience the scents were never strong enough to justify the cost. I prefer room sprays in terms of value and to fill a space quickly (Diptyque essence of John Galliano for an incense in a church vibe, or Aesop’s Istros if company is coming over). I also find Cire Trudon candles to have a lingering effect within a short distance as the wax is very concentrated and burning for a few hours occasionally will allow the smell to release for a long time after.

If you do try out potpourri or something similar with good results please report back.

Comment

• cuddly
                          • Sep 2007

Mad et Len - Black Afghan

Originally posted by stagename View Post
                          I'm taking suggestions for church scents. I have/had CDG Avignon, Armani Bois d'Encens and Heeley Cardinal. UNUM LAVS is next up on my list if I can manage to find it, but I'd happily get something else. Thanks!

Comment

• Neil
                            • Feb 2019

Trending fragrances

[QUOTE=cuddly;534830]Mad et Len - Black Afghan[/QUOTe

Molecule 01
                            Paco Rabanne are my picks.

I found some other trending fragrances at this : https://www.vouchershops.co.uk/the-fragrance-shop

Comment

• Ahimsa
                              Vegan Police
                              • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• dddr
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                                Thank you for the article, as I've only just recently relocated to japan and didn't know the guy before, would definitely pop down to one of the stockists.

speaking of japanese fragrance, i noticed there aren't that many options when it comes to niche perfume like tobali, i don't recall seeing much in the thread either except for cdg obviously, there are lots of incense around on the other hand, probably it has something to do with the culture, if anyone know of any decent japanese perfumer would love to hear more about it, whether it's traditional or the new creative ones!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎