X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mamooon
    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
    I also haven't tried them, but some look promising...

(...)
    Also, Heeley has a new Yuzu fragrance out that at first glance I thought would be fairly boring, but honestly I really like it as a citrus fragrance that would work super well for summer. It's basically Yuzu combined with Sel Marin so isn't overbearing at a distance but sticks to the skin really nicely so up close is really nice. Probably my favorite of his citrus scents alongside the Verbena one he did in the original collection.
    Finally got the sample and it didn't convince me as the yuzu/grapefruit/tangerine reminds me of artificial japanese lemony chewing gum-flavours, but overall it's a nice summer'ish perfume, pretty unintrusive and without attracting probably too much attention. Nice one, just not my cup of tea.

Comment

• cursedd00r
      • Jan 2018

sure it's been said in this thread before but gendering scent is insane to me
      i usually just wear lavender and lemon essential oils
      have also been known to wear chanel CHANCE
      my armpits often smell like delicious weed and i love that (but i don't smoke weed)

Comment

• delicious_not
        • Dec 2012

does anyone know if Byredo is pulling M/Mink out of production? the official site has it only as a 100ml bottle and for some reason it is marked as Exclusive. i noticed an absence of it in most of the stores as well... damn, that would be a shame! it's kinda my Rick Owens fragrance haha, can't think of a better frag to wear with the classy/tailored Rick stuff, very dark and weird yet somehow elegant... i'd miss it badly!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

For those of you in Paris, L'Eclaireur has a bunch of Frederic Malle fragrances at half off. My guess is they are discontinuing carrying them, since Malle opened a boutique around the corner.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Also, my second interview with Frederic Malle, ahead of the release of his new perfume, Music For a While. Text in English as well.

https://theblueprint.ru/beauty/frederic-malle-interview

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
              • Sep 2011

Thanks for the tip E.! Eclaireur Herold I guess? Do you remember which one they had?
              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                Thanks for the tip E.! Eclaireur Herold I guess? Do you remember which one they had?
                No, rue de Sevigne. They had L'eau d'Hiver, Noir Epices (those are the two I own), Geranium Pour Mesuier, Musc Ravaugeur and a bunch of others.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  No, rue de Sevigne. They had L'eau d'Hiver, Noir Epices (those are the two I own), Geranium Pour Mesuier, Musc Ravaugeur and a bunch of others.
                  I'm looking for Portrait of a lady, I'll send someone to check it out. Thanks again for the tip

Comment

• bukka
                    • Sep 2011

Both l'Eau d'hiver and Noir Epices were gone. But the weird thing is that they weren't on sale anymore. Although they did tell me that they stopped working with them because of the opening of the Malle store across the street.
                    Anyone here could share there thoughts on nasomatto? 30ml only for their prices seems a bit expensive.

I also sampled The Night from Malle, it was unbearable on the first day, it's getting better now, three days later...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Both l'Eau d'hiver and Noir Epices were gone. But the weird thing is that they weren't on sale anymore. Although they did tell me that they stopped working with them because of the opening of the Malle store across the street.
                      Anyone here could share there thoughts on nasomatto? 30ml only for their prices seems a bit expensive.

I also sampled The Night from Malle, it was unbearable on the first day, it's getting better now, three days later...
                      Ah, that's too bad (and strange!). I don't have experience with Naso Matto, but I have a bottle of Terroni, from Orto Parisi, his new line, and I LOVE it. It's also super concentrated, so maybe hence the high prices. One time I by mistake did two sprays instead of my customary one, and my girlfriend told me to leave the room (figuratively), whereas even with Malle I think I can get away with two sprays (I still only do one spray 90% of the time).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
                        • Sep 2011

Ah, I really loved Seminalis from his new line, didn't sample Terroni, I'll check it out! Bought Portrait of a Lady today, but I'll go back to buy some Mad et Len candles as a gift for a friend (pot pourri maybe) and will make sure to check out Terroni :)

Btw, you might help on this, I bought a few years ago a Mad et Len candle at Lift in Tokyo, it's name is Terre Noire if I recall correctly, but I don't have the packaging anymore, the candle is gold with a XIII (or XVIII) written on it. Do you know where I could buy it again, or has it been discontinued? Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Ah, I really loved Seminalis from his new line, didn't sample Terroni, I'll check it out! Bought Portrait of a Lady today, but I'll go back to buy some Mad et Len candles as a gift for a friend (pot pourri maybe) and will make sure to check out Terroni :)

Btw, you might help on this, I bought a few years ago a Mad et Len candle at Lift in Tokyo, it's name is Terre Noire if I recall correctly, but I don't have the packaging anymore, the candle is gold with a XIII (or XVIII) written on it. Do you know where I could buy it again, or has it been discontinued? Thanks for the info!
                          I urge you to support the brand directly by going to their newly opened store at Gallerie Vivienne in the 2nd. And, yes, they have Terre Noire, but not in the gold package anymore.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
                            • Sep 2011

What the hell, I've been going to Galerie Vivienne two days in a row and never noticed the store...! Too bad they don't have the gold package anymore, the normal one shall be fine though. Thanks for the rec E.

Edit: had to pass 3 times in front of it to notice it... anyway, got terre noire as à pot pourri and she added crystals in it, perfect present!
                            Last edited by bukka; 03-23-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• kattah
                              • Feb 2018

i prefer what is deemed as a "men's" fragrance (woodsy, smokey notes) but i don't believe fragrance has a gender, these are my faves

Tiziana Terenzi - Laundano Nero: https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...ero-24684.html
                              Tom Ford- Patchouli Absolu: https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...olu-28009.html
                              Dior- Oud Ispahan: https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...han-15231.html

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

What the hell, I've been going to Galerie Vivienne two days in a row and never noticed the store...! Too bad they don't have the gold package anymore, the normal one shall be fine though. Thanks for the rec E.

Edit: had to pass 3 times in front of it to notice it... anyway, got terre noire as à pot pourri and she added crystals in it, perfect present!
                                Mad et Len is a label that very actively tries not to do a good selling job. They admit as much. :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎