Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122123124125126127128129130131132
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 2630

Thread: Men's Fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by HWith View Post
    Haydn: Thanks for the advice!

Now we're at it, what are you guy's thoughts about potpourri vs. scented candles? I'm thinking about buying one from Mad et len, but which one has the most 'durable' scent in the room, and what about cost effectiveness - buying refills for the potpourri vs. buying new candles. Any thoughts in general, I've never had potpourri at home, so I have no clue.
    If by potpourri you’re referring to the oil dropper on stone / crystal; I’ve never found them to be a good way to fill a room with scent. I think for small spaces they may be suitable, but from my experience the scents were never strong enough to justify the cost. I prefer room sprays in terms of value and to fill a space quickly (Diptyque essence of John Galliano for an incense in a church vibe, or Aesop’s Istros if company is coming over). I also find Cire Trudon candles to have a lingering effect within a short distance as the wax is very concentrated and burning for a few hours occasionally will allow the smell to release for a long time after.

If you do try out potpourri or something similar with good results please report back.

Mad et Len - Black Afghan

Quote Originally Posted by stagename View Post
    I'm taking suggestions for church scents. I have/had CDG Avignon, Armani Bois d'Encens and Heeley Cardinal. UNUM LAVS is next up on my list if I can manage to find it, but I'd happily get something else. Thanks!

Default Trending fragrances

[QUOTE=cuddly;534830]Mad et Len - Black Afghan[/QUOTe

Molecule 01
    Paco Rabanne are my picks.

I found some other trending fragrances at this : https://www.vouchershops.co.uk/the-fragrance-shop

Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    Thank you for the article, as I've only just recently relocated to japan and didn't know the guy before, would definitely pop down to one of the stockists.

speaking of japanese fragrance, i noticed there aren't that many options when it comes to niche perfume like tobali, i don't recall seeing much in the thread either except for cdg obviously, there are lots of incense around on the other hand, probably it has something to do with the culture, if anyone know of any decent japanese perfumer would love to hear more about it, whether it's traditional or the new creative ones!

not enough blackbird talk in here tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    not enough blackbird talk in here tbh
    We did a piece on Blackbird way back, and another one on the incense they did with Cold Cave.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by dddr View Post
    Thank you for the article, as I've only just recently relocated to japan and didn't know the guy before, would definitely pop down to one of the stockists.

speaking of japanese fragrance, i noticed there aren't that many options when it comes to niche perfume like tobali, i don't recall seeing much in the thread either except for cdg obviously, there are lots of incense around on the other hand, probably it has something to do with the culture, if anyone know of any decent japanese perfumer would love to hear more about it, whether it's traditional or the new creative ones!
    It's true - there doesn't seem to be all that much out there.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

as with most things fashion & aesthetics i am a newcomer to perfumes (and very late to the party, in the latter half of my 30s), i latched on to CDG black last fall which i love, but i've been in search of some new scents. after reading the SZ editorial on tobali i decided to snag a few vials from aedes and i'm very much digging the iron wind.

i struggle with this area a lot though; i can tell you that i enjoy something, but i don't have much of a vocabulary to describe precisely why.

when i studied psychology, perception was one of the areas that really fascinated me, but it largely dealt with the "how" of things in a more mechanical sense. accordingly i have a reasonable notion (insofar as any layperson can) of how olfaction works, but sorting out all of the subtle notes & development that seems to come so effortlessly to perfume enthusiasts is totally mystifying to me.

is fragrance an area where you all have a natural affinity, or is it something you've had to develop over time? i'm curious if this is something that can be trained, or if it's just a question of who is blessed (or cursed) with having an unusually sensitive olfactory capacity.

anyway, hi, SZ folks! i hope this line of inquiry isn't too insufferably basic.

Quote Originally Posted by demifiend View Post
    as with most things fashion & aesthetics i am a newcomer to perfumes (and very late to the party, in the latter half of my 30s), i latched on to CDG black last fall which i love, but i've been in search of some new scents. after reading the SZ editorial on tobali i decided to snag a few vials from aedes and i'm very much digging the iron wind.

i struggle with this area a lot though; i can tell you that i enjoy something, but i don't have much of a vocabulary to describe precisely why.

when i studied psychology, perception was one of the areas that really fascinated me, but it largely dealt with the "how" of things in a more mechanical sense. accordingly i have a reasonable notion (insofar as any layperson can) of how olfaction works, but sorting out all of the subtle notes & development that seems to come so effortlessly to perfume enthusiasts is totally mystifying to me.

is fragrance an area where you all have a natural affinity, or is it something you've had to develop over time? i'm curious if this is something that can be trained, or if it's just a question of who is blessed (or cursed) with having an unusually sensitive olfactory capacity.

anyway, hi, SZ folks! i hope this line of inquiry isn't too insufferably basic.
    Heh, try WRITING about it ;-) It comes over time, and I'm still a noob - I don't really have the vocabulary necessary to take a deep dive. But that hasn't stopped me enjoying it and even interviewing the mighty Frederic Malle twice, which I admit was terrifying.

Welcome to the forum!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine