Originally posted by Faust View Post
    My interview with Frederic Malle

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9515[/ATTACH]

https://www.sz-mag.com/news/2017/03/...rfume-passion/
    Cool read

Comment

• jogu
      • Jun 2009

oh fuck ya on the cdg re-releases. i wondered what happened to sequoia, it just kinda disappeared. i wore that one for a while in like 09 and everyone loved it. i think my bottle was fucked up though cos after a few mos the perfume smelled awful like rusty pennies. very bad. however im most excited to see sticky cake. really liked that one. the smoke in nomad tea wasnt for me but i can see alot of others enjoying it. smelled kinda like cigarette smoke and sweet speariment gum. i still have a sample vial of it. wish wood coffee was on that list too, that with sticky cake were my favs from the sweet series

Comment

• SafetyKat
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by jogu View Post
        . the smoke in nomad tea wasnt for me but i can see alot of others enjoying it. smelled kinda like cigarette smoke and sweet speariment gum. i still have a sample vial of it.
        As someone who just quit smoking for the umpteenth time, I can see myself wearing this for familiarity's sake/ to trick my brain. Like a CDG smoking cessation spray XD

Comment

• Ahimsa
          Vegan Police
          • Sep 2011

COMME DES GARÇONS OLFACTORY LIBRARY
          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• darkbydesign
            • Sep 2010

I still wear a ton of Sequoia and they should have done Harissa from the Red Series too. (it's rad). Soda and sticky cake are some of my favorites too. Green Tea smells (not up there but part of green series) also smells like you left the anesthesiologist's office which is kinda funny because people in a hospital will suggest you got some chemicals on yourself. haha

Comment

• jogu
              • Jun 2009

anyone else encounter anything .. off.. about frederic malle perfumes lately? went down to barneys out of boredom and was rediscovering the line and some of them didnt smell the way i remembered, particularly musc ravageur and carnal flower. MR seemed kinda lighter and wasnt as off putting as i remembered it to be. carn flower felt subdued lol like it wasnt as cold and green as i recall either. when i got home i went thru my box of fred malle carded samples from over the yrs and sprayed mr on the top of my hand, i mean maybe its my imagination but i swear the carded sample is strong and definitely more frightening in the opening than the card i sprayed at barn barns. were these reformulated ?

Comment

• Law
                • Dec 2013

anyone else encounter anything .. off.. about frederic malle perfumes lately? went down to barneys out of boredom and was rediscovering the line and some of them didnt smell the way i remembered, particularly musc ravageur and carnal flower. MR seemed kinda lighter and wasnt as off putting as i remembered it to be. carn flower felt subdued lol like it wasnt as cold and green as i recall either. when i got home i went thru my box of fred malle carded samples from over the yrs and sprayed mr on the top of my hand, i mean maybe its my imagination but i swear the carded sample is strong and definitely more frightening in the opening than the card i sprayed at barn barns. were these reformulated ?
                Yes they were reformulated, as admitted by the man himself.

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

aw man , well hmmmm i mean its still the same its just the nuances arent quite there now. maybe for some people musc rav will be easier with the reform? i also kinda feel like it doesnt last nearly as long. like i did 2 full sprays on the card and im smelling it right now a few hours later and its like already whispery. still a good perfume though but ill be sticking to hermessence brin de reglise and chanel coromandel , which smells like heaven the next day on my shirts

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

My new acquisition is Frederic Malle's L'Eau d'Hiver. I love how understated it is.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jogu
                      • Jun 2009

^ love catching whiffs of the soft violet in that one throughout the day as it dries down. what did you think of the reformulations? also, have you tried the chanel exclusives? i just read theyre all edparfums now. i have been wanting to get another bottle of coromandel but havent smelled the edp, mine is the edt from a few yrs ago. i ordered a sample of the edp which should be here today

edit: heh my edp sample just arrived . definitely a difference in the very beginning as suspected but mostly still the same so far, thank fuck. hi patchouli i see you
                      Last edited by jogu; 03-30-2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I couldn't say, jogu, as I was not intimately familiar with Frederic Malle before I started doing research for my article. Honestly, I don't have long lasting olfactory memory. People said that the new Helmut Lang smelled different and I couldn't tell for the life of me, unless someone would put the two next to each other.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
                          • Dec 2013

^ love catching whiffs of the soft violet in that one throughout the day as it dries down. what did you think of the reformulations? also, have you tried the chanel exclusives? i just read theyre all edparfums now. i have been wanting to get another bottle of coromandel but havent smelled the edp, mine is the edt from a few yrs ago. i ordered a sample of the edp which should be here today

edit: heh my edp sample just arrived . definitely a difference in the very beginning as suspected but mostly still the same so far, thank fuck. hi patchouli i see you
                          I'm a fan of Coromandel, still got a fair chunk of my 75ml EDT left. Interested to hear more of your thoughts on the EDP.

Comment

• jogu
                            • Jun 2009

im for sure getting a bottle of it. i spent the day wearing both side by side , my edp sample arrived at 11a and its around 6p now. theyre pretty much the same. the heart of the perfume and the way its sillage smells are the same. the biggest difference imo is the opening and its not even THAT big a difference. i get more of a wet dirt patchouli in the edt opening. the edparfum is a lil more rich even in the opening, that pleasing musky white chocolate sweetness is a little bit richer at the start. not a lot but enough that the patchouli isnt quite as prominent. but dont get me wrong i smell the patch right from the get go. its there and its the same in both. unfortunately the longevity is the same lol, weak. after wearin this about 7 hours i barely smell it. if i hold my shirt collar directly to my nose i definitely smell it there but i really have to look for the smell otherwise. like if i sit at my desk i can get traces of it from my body heat.
                            coromandel is one of my two faves from the chanel exclusifs , the other being no 18. i havent smelled boy or misia yet

bah gotta edit this, i actually do smell this slightly more at the 8 hr mark than the edt. i was walkin around my apt and could smell it wafting around.
                            Last edited by jogu; 03-30-2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Michelebi
                              • Aug 2013

1 Ho Hang Balenciaga
                              2 Bel Ami first formula
                              3 the legendary Captain Molyneux
                              4 Moschino Pour Homme
                              5 Ted Lapidus Pour Homme
                              6 Alamut Villoresi
                              7 Cardinal Heeley
                              8 Mystra Aesop (!)
                              9 L'instant extreme Guerlain
                              My last 6 month rotation

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I just realized that L'Eau d'Hiver is my first "haute perfume," so to speak, scent. The rest are either designer - YYPH, CDG Black, BBS, Helmut Lang Cuiron, and several Mad et Len scent (Lychen, Terre Noire, and Graphite. Anyone in the same boat?

I also don't know what to do with the ones I no longer want to use, but are 2/3rd full - Jil Sander for Men, Aqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, and Santa Maria Colonia Russa. Anyone wants them?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎