X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Digitalis was my second favorite, followed by Poppy Soma.

I am on a roll - I got Noir Epices by Frederic Malle. I think that's it for a while!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkbydesign
      • Sep 2010

^Congrats! Noir Epices is a super well rounded scent with so much diversity. For me it smells completely different with varying temperature which makes me really enjoy it in all seasons.

Faust - you better watch out or you'll be collecting fragrances alongside clothes! ;-)

Comment

• bukka
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Law View Post
        Whilst nothing like the other two, the tubereuse is front and centre:

Bogue- Maai
        Histoires de parfum: Tebereuse 3 L'animale
        Robert Piguet- Fracas EDP
        Got a sample of this because of your comment, and I'm not fond of it so far. Too sweet,very strong and old-lady like, around one hour so far. I'll see how it evolves. Also got the Tubéreuse 3 but didn't try it yet. Thanks for the rec though!
        Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
          ^Congrats! Noir Epices is a super well rounded scent with so much diversity. For me it smells completely different with varying temperature which makes me really enjoy it in all seasons.

Faust - you better watch out or you'll be collecting fragrances alongside clothes! ;-)
          I don't have that many - a couple of things were a spur of the moment. I am done, I swear (or not...)

By the way, I saw you checked in late, so was wondering if you saw my article on Frederic Malle a couple of pages back.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by bukka View Post
            Got a sample of this because of your comment, and I'm not fond of it so far. Too sweet,very strong and old-lady like, around one hour so far. I'll see how it evolves. Also got the Tubéreuse 3 but didn't try it yet. Thanks for the rec though!
            Yeah, I blind bought Maai on upon its release where it was near universally praised in the community and by Luca Turin who gave it 5-stars. What sold me was when it was compared to a medley of Carnal Flower, Muscs Koublai Khan and Kouros, three fragrances I love. But alas my findings were not too dissimilar to yours, but I can see how it could be a "holy grail" to somebody who loves tuberose and classical throw backs with (allegedly) real oak moss.

Comment

• akkeri
              • Jul 2012

Btw, most interesting thread on SZ atm, keep discussing please! Cheers
              Agreed. It's a pleasure to read. And the lack of "attitude" is refreshing! haha

As someone who rarely goes haute, some of these descriptions are proving very tempting...

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

law did you get a chance to check out superstitious? what was your impression? im gonna pick up a bottle this weekend. also i finally went and smelled the gucci guilty perfumes. i hadnt really encountered them in the past becos i rarely visit mainstream dept stores that carry them. yuck lol, they have that "every guy on the train" kinda vibe. VERY different from runway. however theres one i sampled at the gucci store that the sa told me was the 1st to have direct input from alessandro himself that was decent but still not my cup of tea at all. it was like a flanker to guilty i think. smelled real leathery and medicinal. i didnt like it and left the little ribbon that it was sprayed onto at the store , tied around the wrist of the mannequin upstairs wearing the graffiti denim lol

Comment

• haydn
                  • Feb 2013

Was in Rick Owens NYC today. Noticed a diffuser / atomizer in the corner of the room dispersing a light scent. Asked about it and was told it's Michele's personal fragrance. The sa didn't know anything further about that but did share some info on a new fragrance project. The store is carrying "lamyland" in the near future - a limited edition fragrance created by / for Michele Lamy. The sa didn't know a great amount of detail yet about release date or the perfumer, but she did have a fact sheet on it. Looks like a crystal rectangular bottle, a cap in the shape of a monkey, and described as a woody leather. Gladly provided my email to get on a waitlist when available.

If anyone has more info - please share.
                  Last edited by haydn; 04-15-2017, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                    Vegan Police
                    • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• darkbydesign
                      • Sep 2010

^Just ordered the sample set since I'm curious about some of the scents. Reminds me of early CdG projects, so imagine I'll enjoy at least a few of these. Also got some new incense since they seem to have a variety of nice incense cones available.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                        • Apr 2013

luckyscent by far has been a disaster, package dissipated into thin air and has been untrackable for 20 days... has anyone had a similar issue, perhaps a customs issue due to scent transport?
                        Originally posted by unwashed
                        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                        Originally posted by Ahimsa
                        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• bukka
                          • Sep 2011

Shit man. Received mine in the EU 4 days after I placed the order, carefully packed. Did you contact them?
                          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                            • Apr 2013

Shit man. Received mine in the EU 4 days after I placed the order, carefully packed. Did you contact them?
                            you bet I did, I will update this thread, I thought this was like a normal procedure, guess not.
                            I will also go to the post and confirm this myself.
                            Originally posted by unwashed
                            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                            Originally posted by Ahimsa
                            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Law
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                              luckyscent by far has been a disaster, package dissipated into thin air and has been untrackable for 20 days... has anyone had a similar issue, perhaps a customs issue due to scent transport?
                              Luckyscent are a farce of an operation. I've had several poor transactions with them, to the point where I refuse to order from them anymore. Did they send the package with USPS? If that's the case, it's only trackable whilst inside the US, once outside, it will only appear once it arrives in Japan. Try inputting the tracking number into your national carriers web-site, it should appear. With that said, does the package show any movement, or have they simply requested a shipping label?

I've had instances with LS, where I've ordered and not had any movement of my package, inquired only to find out that the scent I ordered was back ordered, yet they didn't think that was pertinent to inform me, nor make any consesions, until I raised holy hell.

I always recommend First in Fragrance in Europe, as they're cheaper, provide very generous spray samples of anything you want, around 3ml + (not the tiny chintzy 0.5 ml dab wand Luckyscent vials) and if you're ordering outside the EU you don't pay the 17.5% VAT. Plus if I remember correctly they use a courier like DHL.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                                • Sep 2010

^Weird. I've used them maybe 50 times without any issues, so maybe it's location dependent or something? But I've only used them while living in California and New York City, so pretty low bar I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎