• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by agentred View Post
    Psyched!

On writers and fragrances, has anybody tried Imaginary Authors? Twisted Lily and Roullier White carry it but I'm not in a position to visit either in the near future and was wondering whether to blind buy 'A City on Fire', seems pretty neat

Fragrance Notes

Top: Cade Oil, Spikenard, Cardamom

Middle: Clearwood, Dark Berries

Base: Labdanum, Burnt Match
    I live two stops from Twisted Lily. Want me to check it out and let you know my thoughts?
    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• agentred
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
      I live two stops from Twisted Lily. Want me to check it out and let you know my thoughts?
      Thank you kindly! I actually ordered a sample of it along with a few others... But if you happen to be in the neighborhood and try it out I'm all ears

Comment

• ijustLoveGFF
        • Dec 2016

OUD khasian

Comment

• Law
          • Dec 2013

Got Tauer- Au Coeur du desert, which is essentially an extrait version of his cult classic L'air du desert Marocain. It basically forgoes the smokey aspects of the original (which I love), with the spices dialed down, going straight to the heart. It's a lot smoother and rounded, with better longevity. Definitely worth a sniff if you found the original too much or too whatever, although some may find it redundant if you own LDDM.

Comment

• neparlepas
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
            I wear this (yeah the woman's version):

lolilolll (I really do wear this).
            Nothing wrong with that, I did wear a few times the female version, especially in winter when warmer scents are just more comfortable imo

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

So, I thought I'd try something new - I am interviewing Frederic Malle tomorrow for StyleZeitgeist magazine, and I decided to crowd-source some questions. What would you ask Mr. Malle given a chance?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• twelve12twelve
                • Jul 2015

I've been dabbling a bit more in fragrance recently, decided to go with something pretty heavy - Le Labo Patchouli 24, quite incredible. It's like a smoky slap in the face. I often find if I wear it one day and don't properly wash it off in the shower, it will overpower whatever else I'm wearing the next day (even toward the end of the day). Over 24 hours on me. Certainly not something that I could wear daily though. I find it reminds me of the smell of my home town in autumn and winter - smoke and fires.

I tend to go with fragrance that brings back childhood memories, another one which does this to a huge extent is Comme Avignon. Pretty much a spot on rendition of the incense used in the catholic church.

Others I've recently bought are Comme Black, Wonderwood and Man 2. I'm finding a bit of a choice is good for inspiring different moods, and it's nice to have a little variety depending on the day and current mood.

Comment

• Extreme Mildness
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  So, I thought I'd try something new - I am interviewing Frederic Malle tomorrow for StyleZeitgeist magazine, and I decided to crowd-source some questions. What would you ask Mr. Malle given a chance?
                  What a coincidence! I just ordered a whole bunch of samples from Mr. Malle's line last night.
                  If it's not too late, I would be interested in his thoughts on where the industry is going. Given the acquisition of his own brand, does he see the trend of acquisitions of niche houses continuing? On a related note, does he see any danger of creative freedom being reigned in after such acquisitions? In his case, I have a feeling that he has enough devout followers to pull his weight on creative decisions, but perhaps it would be more difficult for lesser known brands.

Comment

• UserName1
                    • Feb 2017

Got some new samples in this week. Was really impressed by Diptyque Philosykos, which is fairly cheap for niche. Was expecting a lot from MFK APOM homme. It has a somewhat similar vibe to Reflection Man, but less clean and way less performance on me. However, I think have to jump on the Aventus hypetrain first, since spring is coming up.

Comment

• eleves
                      • Sep 2012

Obviously not restricted to Men's fragrances but looks like CDG is re releasing some of their older scents - does anyone have experience with any of these? I'm always interested in the products that were around before I really learned more about certain brands - some of these are from around 2005!

http://www.nstperfume.com/2017/02/28...rary-reissues/
                      Originally posted by Faust
                      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Yeah, I got the press release yesterday. I remember Sequoia being really, really good.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• twelve12twelve
                          • Jul 2015

I was hoping to see Skai in there, that was one I'd been wanting to try. Hopefully that will be added at some point.

Good to see regardless, I might pick up Garage and Tar.

Comment

• Shifts
                            • Jul 2013

I also saw this a few days ago, fantastic news! I still have all but one (Mint) from the Green series, I used to have both Skai and Tar (now have only Skai) from Synthetic. Still have Palisander from the Red series. Was never a huge fan of the Sweet series, but Nomad Tea was one of the better ones there if my memory serves me right and it is part of the relaunch.

Comment

• haydn
                              • Feb 2013

Would have loved if they kept to the original packaging - but still pretty happy about this. There are a few I haven't sampled yet - but I'll be in Tokyo during the re-launch and this is now on my list.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎