Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

I was at Barney's yesterday, and I got apprehended by a very pushy SA. She sprayed this random cologne on my arm as I was looking at some serge lutens scents. I wasn't thrilled, and went to go do other shopping until I could shop scents unmolested. A few minutes later, I noticed that the cologne was making my nose itch and I was about to sneeze. The SZ came up to me, grabbed my arm, and started telling me how great I smelled and how I needed to buy that cologne. She wouldn't let go of my arm, even as I was explaining that I was about to sneeze. So, in the end, for chasing me around a store, and spraying some awful scent on me, she got sneezed on. Oh well.

I still love Serge Lutens.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• endtroducing
      • Aug 2008

Bois D'Argent by Dior Homme. I have a reputation for smelling good in the small social circle of Las Vegas as a result of it.
      I like the Poivre Hermesscence (Hermes) alot too.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by endtroducing View Post
        Bois D'Argent by Dior Homme. I have a reputation for smelling good in the small social circle of Las Vegas as a result of it.
        I like the Poivre Hermesscence (Hermes) alot too.
        I don't know whether to laugh or cry...
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ahlefeldt
          • May 2008

currently using:
          Odeur 53 Eau de Toilette natural spray (200ml)
          CDG2 MAN Eau de parfum natural spray

Comment

• Yardsale
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by merz

i swear by this.
            been meaning to get this after I tried the sample. I was wearing under the arbor in the summer.

Comment

• diamonds
              • Dec 2006

under the arbor is awesome, i wish i picked up a bottle when i tested it

Comment

• diamonds
                • Dec 2006

i'm not really the best for reviews but to sum it up, i'd say it smells literally like a westcoast rainforest. some very familiar smells but i cant exactly put my finger on it, i think it was cottonwood trees though

p.s.
                i think she has an account now...

Comment

• MCC1528
                  • May 2008

My favorite mens fragrance would have to be Rick Owens Sweat. It just has this nice clean smell to it. I love it!! jk :P

Noooo, but one of my favorites is Dior Bois D' Argent. I really enjoy the smell of it, sorta has a woodsy smell to it. I dont know its hard to explain.

Comment

• rach2jlc
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I love citrus smells.
                    Yes, citrus are always wonderful ones and there is really quite an amazing variety out there.

For classic "colognes," ones like Guerlain Imperial, Parfums de Nicolai Cologne Sologne, Santa Maria Novella (the original Cologne), etc are good.

Amongst more off-kilter fare would be CdG Series Cologne, especially Vettiveru and Citrico.

My favorite Citrus of all time is Frederic Malle Bigarade Concentree. It's VERY fresh, but funky and almost foul. It's "stinky oranges." Whereas most orange scents have a sort of nice, polite sweetness, this one is bitter and crisp and makes you go, "Woh!" :)

A few other interesting citruses are Eau d'hermes, Guerlain Pamplelune, and my favorite for spring/summer Eau de Lalique.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

his choice of birch tree in the leaves created some kind of condensed pathos and nostalgia if you happen to be of certain extraction. and i apologise for constant mentions of your significant other, hope it hasn't made me come across exceedingly creepy of yet. paraphrasing steve albini, if i had that to go home to, i'd never leave again.
                      Hahaha. Indeed. I have one on my block. Mmmm, birch tree juice...

I think I am going to take a trip to Williamsburg to check CB out...
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rach2jlc
                        • Sep 2006

Did we ever talk about Le Labo Patchouli 24 on here yet? If you like birth tar or birch notes... this one is a must. I get more birch than actually patchouli...

Comment

• dunaj
                          • Feb 2007

it's worth it, the gallery has hundreds of the accords that he uses to create his scents, your nose will be happy.

Comment

• kubie
                            • Jul 2008

this really helped me a lot, merz. i juz received my black march today, and it's my fav now. also, have you tried fire from heaven yet? i may get it....
                            i did. whatever he uses as base isn't overwhelmingly-strong, and the scents, although lasting, aren't overpowering. they're also pretty seasonal in nature, in that black march is more of a crisp thing you can wear in the warmer temps, whilst burning leaves is very much of an autumnal/winter kind of deal, a very warming scent..

the leaves used are, i believe, oak and birchtree, lending the whole thing a pretty nostalgic quality. i think that was his goal to begin with, but it hits a pretty poignant moment. I've since gone and ordered full-sized bottles of both leaves and black march. these are good scents for the man/woman who doesn't normally wear any.
                            FS: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5939
                            FS: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5988

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                              • Nov 2008

cb...hah, i was just there today, buying presents...

it's a very fun place. more about memory, then it is about perfume, i think.

Comment

• JSebbe
                                • Mar 2008

I use this mostly atm:

Just ordered the CDG Odeur 53 yesterday, so I hope I'll enjoy it!
                                I dont have any stores here that carries CDG, so threads likewise to this helps.

Scent for me is a big part about memories, it's when I start connecting the scent with things I start to enjoy it to the fullest.
                                Nostalgia-kicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎