X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drexl
    • Sep 2006

Re: Men's Fragrances

This is a bad April Fool's joke, right? Please, tell me it's a joke...

EDIT: Guess not...

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

soon Rei will be coming out with her own vitamin water. and why not? if she does it, it's different, cause she's a great artist. get it?!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KeijiHaino
        • Dec 2006

okay, so i just had my "sample party" where i smelled pretty much every comme des garcons avaliable from lucky scent. out of the cdgs i like kyoto, i already have anbar, citrico and vet, so i like those as well.
        888 smelled like the new jean paul gaultier-only lighter...
        i only ordered one of the nasomattos-duro, and i liked it, although it doesnt last long (contrary to other reviewers)...my question-
        has anyone smelled any of the other nasamotto scents? thoughts? i'm going to for sure order duro and kyoto but i am interested in the other nasomattos and i have never smelled any of the l'artisans either.
        oh, and although i did like the kyoto, it was rather simple, almost like something banana republic or abercrombie would sell. really straight forward.

Comment

• Davie
          • Nov 2007

[quote user="Jshockmtl"]

I have both Eau Noir and Bois d'Argent. I love Bois d'Argent for everyday and the smell is spectacular.

Like dark said, Eau Noir is quite unique and i love wearing it at night, during the winter months. I wouldnt be able to wear on hot days/nights as i think it is too heavy a scent.

And i got the small bottles and they last very well. DOnt need to spray a lot when you put it on

[/quote]

I just got an 8.4oz bottle of Bois, opened it and found out its a twist off bottle and not spray, I should have known. Does the smaller bottle have spray nozzle?

Comment

• eaglewood
            • Feb 2007

Davie - no spray is a good thing. On my skin scents seem to smell better when I splash it on rather than spray on. I can't really account for the difference but I definitely prefer it when I can get a splash bottle.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

agreed. i like splash, it's the old school way.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mamaboy
                • Mar 2008

monocle has the same base ,i think its "shafran" ,, just like palisander cdg or vetiver 46 by le labo---not very summery scent,too spicy.. ?

888--tester is 100 ml,but bottle inside the box 50 ml--they got me again

fuckers --always something

but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• drexl
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Davie"][quote user="Jshockmtl"]

I have both Eau Noir and Bois d'Argent. I love Bois d'Argent for everyday and the smell is spectacular.

Like dark said, Eau Noir is quite unique and i love wearing it at night, during the winter months. I wouldnt be able to wear on hot days/nights as i think it is too heavy a scent.

And i got the small bottles and they last very well. DOnt need to spray a lot when you put it on

[/quote]

I just got an 8.4oz bottle of Bois, opened it and found out its a twist off bottle and not spray, I should have known. Does the smaller bottle have spray nozzle?

[/quote]

The store SA was supposed to give you the spray nozzle, it comes separately in a black velvet pouch. Maybe go back to the store and ask for it (if you did buy it in-store)?

Comment

• boomslang20117
                    • Mar 2007

how does Le Labo Patchouli 24 smell in contrast with Comme Des Garcons Luxe Patchouli?

Comment

• Cestlavie
                      • Apr 2008

I wear..

Hermès - Terre d'Hermès

Givenchy - Very Irresistible

Cerutti 1881 - Homme

Jean Paul Gaultier - Fleur du Male

St Dupont - Noir

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Cestlavie"]

I wear..

Hermès - Terre d'Hermès

Givenchy - Very Irresistible

Cerutti 1881 - Homme

Jean Paul Gaultier - Fleur du Male

St Dupont - Noir

[/quote]

We know.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beforehewentmad
                          • Apr 2008

[quote user="Faust"]agreed. i like splash, it's the old school way. [/quote]
                          I'm voting for spray. I had an awful incident with a decanter of Bond #9 where I lost most of my favorite cologne onto the rug. In any case, this week I've worn Bond #9 Chez Bond & Wall Street, as well as Varvatos Vintage which I'm getting tired of. I saw that CdG scent for Monocle in the last issue, and may pick that up in the near future.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="beforehewentmad"]

[quote user="Faust"]agreed. i like splash, it's the old school way. [/quote]
                            I'm voting for spray. I had an awful incident with a decanter of Bond #9 where I lost most of my favorite cologne onto the rug. In any case, this week I've worn Bond #9 Chez Bond & Wall Street, as well as Varvatos Vintage which I'm getting tired of. I saw that CdG scent for Monocle in the last issue, and may pick that up in the near future.

[/quote]

CDGxMonocle will probably be my next scent as well, but I vowed that I finish two before I buy one.

What was wrong with Bond #9 - did they put it in a wine bottle or something? [86] Usually the holes are so minuscule that it's impossible to "spill" it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• airboyair
                              • Oct 2006

i like to get CDG's Monocle too but my Eau de Cologne from Chanel (they are for women but I wear them) and the giant Bois d'Argent bottles are endless!
                              Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

• beforehewentmad
                                • Apr 2008

Sorry. I replied ages ago, but I guess my computer froze or something since the reply isn't here. The spilling of Bond was really my own fault since I had the bottle in my hand and turned it completely upside down by accident... Tried to save a drop of the scent that was running off the side of my wrist, and I lost quite a few ounces of the fragrance there.

Anyways, I haven't purchased the Monocle scent. I might when I get back from my trip to Ireland that I'm taking this week. I did buy Issey Miyake Intense and really like it a lot, though it doesn't last very long on my skin. I think it will suit my trip though since it will be a bit cooler there. I also bought Tom Ford's Black Orchid for the person I am visiting in Dublin, which is a scent I'd definitely wear myself though it is marketed as a female parfum.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎